Daily GK Update 14 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s First Homemade mRNA Vaccine Gets Permission to Start Human Trials
- India’s first indigenous Covid-19 vaccine candidate, the mRNA one being developed by Pune-based Gennova Biopharmaceuticals, has received approval from drug regulators to initiate combined Phase 1/2 trials human clinical trial.
- The novel mRNA vaccine candidate, HGCO19, has been developed by Gennova and supported with a seed grant under the Ind-CEPI mission of the department of biotechnology of the Union ministry of science and technology.
- Gennova has worked in collaboration with US’ HDT Biotech Corporation to develop the mRNA vaccine candidate. HGCO19, which is stable at 2-8 degrees Celcius for two months, has already demonstrated safety, immunogenicity, neutralisation antibody activity in animals.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India, Qatar to set up energy task force
- India and Qatar are to establish a task force on energy. The task force will be represented by a senior officer from petroleum Ministry of India and the vice president of Qatar petroleum. The task force is to identify projects in the Indian energy sector for Qatari investments.
- These announcements were made after the telephone conversation between Minister of Petroleum and Natural gas and steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan and his Qatar counterpart.
- Qatar holds around 1.5% of world oil reserves. It ranks 14th in terms of oil production in the world.
Note: About Qatar
- Currency: Qatari Riyal
- Capital: Doha
♦WHO, IFRC sign memorandum of understanding on emergency medical teams
- The Red Channel Agreement was signed between the World Health Organization and IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies) to implement the Emergency Medical Team Initiative.
- The initiative will strengthen the delivery of health and emergency medical services during humanitarian crisis. This will enable the organizations to standardize emergency health response and also increase capacity building efforts.
Banking & Financial
♦Tamil Nadu signs 18 MoUs worth Rs 19,955 cr, projects to create 26,500 jobs
- Tamil Nadu government on 14th Dec signed 18 MoUs worth Rs 19,955 crore with an employment potential of 26,509 persons. Companies which signed the MoU include the Crown Group Of Companies, representing a Russian defence organisation, Ola Electric and Mahindra CIE among others.
- The MoUs were signed in the presence of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Palaniswami.
- About Investment: Tamil Nadu signs 18 MoUs worth Rs 19,955 cr, projects to create 26,500 jobs Ola Electric will invest Rs 2,354 crore, Torrent Gas – Rs 5,000 crore, First Solar – Rs 4875 crore, SSEM – Rs 2,500 crore, Crown – Rs 2,500 crore, Tata Group’s Voltas – Rs 1,001 crore and Mylan – Rs 350 crore among others.
♦BSE launches e-agricultural spot market platform ‘BEAM’
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Ltd. has launched an electronic spot platform, “BSE E-Agricultural Markets Ltd (BEAM)”, for agricultural commodities through its subsidiary BSE Investments Ltd.
- Aims: The platform boost the competitiveness of the Indian agricultural market by enhancing the strength of the BSE in financial markets, market technology and its vibrant ecosystem.
♦RBI to set up Automated Banknote Processing Centre in Jaipur
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to set up an Automated Banknote Processing Centre (ABPC) in Jaipur for the receipt, storage and dispatch of currency notes.
- The functions of the ABPC will also include processing of banknotes received from currency chests (CCs) and bank branches and destruction of soiled banknotes in an automated manner.
Note: Important Information
India has four currency note printing presses.
The central government controls two of them
- Nashik in Maharashtra
- Dewas in Madhya Pradesh
RBI subsidiary, the Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran (P) Ltd controls the other two
- Mysuru in Karnataka
- Salboni in West Bengal.
Coins are minted at the four India Government Mints
- Cherlapally (Hyderabad)
- NOIDA (UP).
♦UNESCO to launch international prize in the name of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib
- The UNESCO has decided to launch an international prize in the field of ‘creative economy’ in the name of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Starting November 2021, the dollar 50 thousand award will be given away once in two years for global economic initiatives of the youth.
- According to UNESCO, the international award will create a knowledge-sharing mechanism by capturing, celebrating and communicating best practice in the development of creative entrepreneurship.
♦Ashraf Patel wins Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award – India 2020
- Ashraf Patel, the founder member and Board member of Pravah and ComMutiny – The Youth Collective (CYC) has been declared as the winner of the Social Entrepreneur of the Year (SEOY) Award – India 2020.
- The award was presented by the Union Minister of Women & Child Development & Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani.
- The SEOY award “recognizes entrepreneurs who implement innovative, sustainable and scalable solutions to solve India’s social problems.
♦Max Verstappen ends F1 season with processional win in Abu Dhabi
- Max Verstappen (Belgian-Dutch, Redbull) brought the curtain down on the 2020 Formula One season with a lights-to-flag cruise to victory on 13 Dec in the year-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- Valtteri Bottas (2nd) and Lewis Hamilton (3rd) hold Position.
♦14 December – National Energy Conservation Day
- Every year ‘Energy Conservation Day’ is celebrated to raise awareness among the general public about the importance of energy conversation and energy efficiency.
- The day focuses on making people aware of global warming and climate change and promotes efforts towards saving energy resources.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|