Daily GK Update 14 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India-UAE MoU for Scientific and Technical Cooperation
- The Union Cabinet recently approved India-UAE Memorandum of Understanding for Scientific and Technical Cooperation.
- The MoU provides sharing of knowledge between the countries It will also allow to share information of data from satellites, radar, tide gauges, meteorological stations.
- MoU also allows the countries to share knowledge of operational products for seismological and oceanic services. To exchange experiences in terms of research scholars, scientists, specialists, etc.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: Dirham
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
♦Heritage Conservation Committee, last hurdle cleared by new Parliament building
- The Supreme Court recently cleared the Central Vista Project that covers a three kilo metre stretch between the Rashtrapati Bhavan and India Gate. Following this, the Heritage Conservation Committee has approved the construction of a new parliament.
- The Heritage Conservation Committee is set up under the chairmanship of Additional Secretary, Ministry of Urban Affairs and Kamran Rizvi is the present chairman of the HCC. under the provisions of Section 23 in Delhi Building Byelaws, 1983 to protect heritage buildings.
♦Magh Bihu 2021 to be celebrated on 15 January in Assam
- Celebrated in Assam, Magh Bihu is a harvest festival that marks the end of the harvesting season in the month of Magh (between January and February). This year, Magh Bihu will be celebrated on January 15.
- The festival is marked by grand feasts and bonfires, made of green bamboo, firewood, hay, and dried banana leaves. As a tradition, people take bath before setting up the bonfire.
The major festivals celebrated in Assam are
- Rajini Gabra Harni Gabra
- Bohaggiyo Bishu
- Ambubashi Mela and Jonbill Mela
Banking & Financial
♦RBI forms working group on digital lending as frauds come into sharp focus
- With frauds in digital lending space coming into sharp focus, the Reserve Bank of India has set up a working group to study digital lending activities of the regulated and unregulated players. The group will suggest steps to regulate digital lending including online lending platform and mobile lending.
- The six-member panel comprises of four RBI internal and two external members and headed by ayant Kumar Dash, Executive Director, RBI. The group will evaluate digital lending activities and assess the penetration and standards of outsourced digital lending activities in RBI regulated entities.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Assessment of relief to bank borrower: Rajiv Mehrishi
- Government gives one-year extension to Company Law Committee –Rajesh Verma
- Preventing stubble burning in Punjab, Haryana and UP which is a source of pollution in Delhi-national capital region (NCR): Ex-judge M B Loku
- Panel for conversion of large NBFCs into banks: P K Mohanty
- Committee for Covid-19 Vaccine administration: RS Sharma
♦Nomura Estimates India’s GDP to contract 6.7% in FY21
- The Japanese brokerage Nomura has revised upward, the GDP forecast for India in 2020-21 and now expects it to contract to 6.7 per cent.
- Nomura has further projected the GDP of India to rise to 13.5 per cent in FY22 (2021-22).
Note: India GDP projected F21
India Ratings & Research-(-)7.8%
World Bank: (-9.6%)
CIRIS: (-) 7.7%
Fitch: (-) 9.4%
S&P- (-) 7.7%
♦BofA Securities Projects GDP of India to Contract 6.7% in FY21
- The BofA Securities expects the GDP growth of India for the current financial year 2020-21 to contract by 6.7 per cent.
- BofA Securities has projected the Indian economy to grow at 9 per cent in 2021-22 if the vaccine distribution is done in the first half of the new fiscal year.
♦UBS Projects GDP of India at -7.5% in 2020-21
- Swiss brokerage major UBS Investment Bank has projected the Indian economy to contract 7.5 per cent in the current fiscal FY21, ending March 2021.
- UBS further expects the economy to rebound at 11.5 per cent in FY22. For the FY23, GDP growth is expected to stabilise at 6%.
♦AIIMS Bhubaneswar receives Kayakalp Award for 3rd time
- The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bhubaneswar has proved its mettle once again for promoting cleanliness, hygiene and creating sustainable practices in public health facilities by winning the Kayakalp Award Scheme.
- It had earlier received the award in 2018 as well as in 2019 for becoming second cleanest hospital in the country among category B hospitals (less than 1000 beds) and received Rs one crore as prize money.
♦Indian Army signs a pact to procure high-altitude drones from ideaForge for $20 million
- Indian Army has signed a contract to buy undisclosed quantities of high-altitude drones from ideaForge for $20 million. A high-altitude variant of ideaForge’s SWITCH unmanned air vehicles or drones would be delivered over a period of one year.
- ideaForge has been awarded this contract after it emerged as the only vendor that qualified the operational requirements in an evaluation done in real-world conditions, for a fast-track procurement.
Note: about ideaForge
- Headquaters– Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- CEO & Co founder -Ankit Mehta
♦Polio National Immunisation Day rescheduled to 31st January 2021
- The massive countrywide COVID-19 vaccination drive will be rolled out by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from 16th January, 2021.
- This would be world’s largest immunisation exercise. Therefore, it has been decided by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) in consultation with the office of the President of India to reschedule the Polio vaccination day, also known as the National Immunisation Day (NID) or “Polio Ravivar” to 31th January 2021 (Sunday).
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|