Daily GK Update 16 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Keetham lake in Uttar Pradesh & Lonar Lake in Maharashtra added to Ramsar sites
- The Keetham lake, also known as Sur Sarovar, in Agra of Uttar Pradesh has been added to the list of Ramsar sites. More than 106 species of migratory birds rest in Sur Sarovar lake. The water of the lake is obtained from Agra Canal. The canal originates from Okhla barrage on River Yamuna in Delhi.
- The Lonar Lake in Buldhana district of Maharashtra has been chosen as a wetland site of international importance under the Ramsar conservation treaty.
- The aim of the Ramsar list is to develop and maintain an international network of wetlands which are important for the conservation of global biological diversity and for sustaining human life through the maintenance of their ecosystem components, processes and benefits.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Jaishankar Represents India at 15th East Asia Summit 2020
- The External Affairs Minister Dr S. Jaishankar has represented India at the 15th East Asia Summit (EAS) on behalf of PM Modi.
- The Summit was chaired by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Nguyen Xuan Phuc because Vietnam is ASEAN Chair in 2020 (ASEAN holds the central role and leadership in the forum). All the 18 EAS countries participated in the virtual Summit.
- Jaishankar underlined the key role played by the East Asia Summit (EAS) as a leading mechanism of the Indo-Pacific region and reiterated India’s support to make it stronger and more responsive.
♦PM Modi to attend 12th BRICS Summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to attend the 12th BRICS summit that is to be hosted by Russia On November 17, 2020. The summit is to be held under the theme “Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth”.
- The BRICS members to participate in the meeting are China, India, Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
- The meeting was to be held at St Peterburg in July 2020. However, it was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Lastly Russia chaired the 7th BRICS summit.
♦RCEP: 15 Asian Economies sign World largest China-backed deal without India
- China and fourteen other countries signed a deal to set up the world largest trading bloc. The negotiations to sign the deal began in 2011. These 15 countries account to 30% of world population and 30% of global GDP. Thus, the deal is the world largest Free Trade Agreement.
- The deal called as ‘Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)’, is the world’s largest trading bloc, comprising of 10 Southeast Asian countries, as well as South Korea, China, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
- The agreement has left the doors open for India. However, India, in 2019 opted out of the agreement mainly due to concerns of dumping manufactured goods from China. And also dumping of diary products from New Zealand and agricultural products from Australia. India also raised several concerns regarding the deal. And the deal failed to address India’s concerns.
Banking & Financial
♦Reserve Bank to evaluate impact of ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ campaign
- The Reserve Bank will evaluate the impact of multi-media public awareness campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’, which was launched in 14 languages to educate the public about safe banking and financial practices.
- ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ was the first even 360 degree campaign initiated by the central bank using all mass media, including media such as television, radio, newspapers, hoardings, web banners, gifs, social media and SMS.
List of latest Campaign
- ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign: Bharti AXA General Insurance
- ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani’ Campaign: Niti Aayog
- ‘Break the Chain Mass’ Campaign: Kerala
- ‘Namaste Over Handahake’ Campaign: Karnataka
- ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ Campaign: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
♦Lewis Hamilton won Turkish Grand Prix
- Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of UK won the Turkish Grand Prix and the 2020 Formula One World Drivers Championship at Istanbul on November 15, 2020.
- Sergio Pérez of Racing Point finished second. Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari finished third.
List of Winner 2020 F1 Race
- Steiermark Grand prix– Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Britain)
- Austrian Grand Prix– Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Hungarian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- British Grand Prix -Lewis Hamilton
- F1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix- Max Emilian Verstappen (Red Bull-Netherland)
- Spanish Grand Prix– Lewis Hamilton
- Belgian Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Italian Grand Prix- Pierre Gasly (AlphaTauri-Honda- France)
- Tuscan Grand Prix- Lewis Hamilton
- Russian Grand Prix- Valtteri Battas (Mercedes-finland)
- Eifel Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Portuguese Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
- Emilia Romagna Grand Prix: Lewis Hamilton
♦November 16-International Day for Tolerance
- International Day for Tolerance 2020 is on 16 November 2020. Tolerance Day is a United Nations’ observance and is celebrated on 16 November every year since 1996. International Tolerance Day is not a public holiday.
- with the aim to promote tolerance by fostering mutual understanding among cultures and people, observes International Day for Tolerance. The UN’s Declaration on Principles of Tolerance defines tolerance not only as a moral duty but also as a political and legal requirement for individuals, groups and states.
♦November 16: National Press Day
- Every year the National Press Day is celebrated on November 16. This is because the Press Council of India was established on November 16, 1966. The Press Council of India acts as a moral Watchdog for media.
- Also, the Press Council of India makes sure that the freedom of press is not controlled by the threats or influence of other extraneous factors.
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy SBI CBO 2020 Online Test Series
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|