Daily GK Update 17 , 18 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦J&K L-G announces ‘My Town My Pride’ programme
- Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor (L-G) Manoj Sinha on 16th October announced the ‘My Town My Pride’ programme, starting from October 19, as a part of the public outreach initiative “in J&K’s towns to deliver services at doorsteps to the urban population”.
- Three main objectives — public outreach in towns, strengthening grassroots democracy, and service delivery at doorsteps.
♦India aims to achieve Trans Fat Free status by 2022
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh said on October 16, 2020 that the aim of the government is to make India Trans Fat free by 2022. It is in line with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a New India on 75 years of independence.
- If this is achieved, India would be a year ahead of target as set by World Health Organization (WHO).
Upcoming Government Scheme Project Targets Agendas List
- To Eliminate TB-2025
- Doubling Farmers income-2022
- To generate solar Power (500GW)-2030
- Har Ghar Jal-2024
- Utkarsh (Road Plan by RBI)-2022
- Clean Drinking water to all by-2024
- Achieve zero road accident fatalities: 2030
♦Union Education Minister launched “KAPILA” Kalam Program
- Union Education Minister, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has virtually launched the campaign ‘KAPILA’, which stands for Kalam Program for Intellectual Property Literacy and Awareness campaign on 15th October 2020.
- The day was launched in honour of 89th birth anniversary celebration of former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam.
- Aims: Through the campaign, the government will spread awareness through educational programs about the importance of patenting an invention, to lead India towards self-reliance.
♦UP Govt. launched women empowerment programme ‘Mission Shakti’
- Uttar Pradesh government launched a 6-month long women empowerment programme ‘Mission Shakti’ on October 17, 2020. The initiative was launched in order to raise awareness and tackle crime against women in the state.
- Governor Anandiben Patel launched the campaign in Lucknow while chief minister Yogi Adityanath started it in Balrampur. Six month campaign has two phases- Mission Shakti’ and ‘Operation Shakti.
- This is the phase one of the campaign. It feature awareness campaigns related to women’s safety. Under this, awareness campaign such as gender-based sensitisation, training, corporate activity, interviews, voice messages, programmes in Durga Puja and other cultural pandals will be organised.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Global Hunger Index 2020: India ranked 94th
- The Global hunger index was launched on October 16 2020. It has been jointly prepared by Welhunger life and Concern Worldwide. This year, India has been ranked 94th Out of 107 countries.
- In 2018 was India ranked 103 while, in 2019 India was ranked 102.
- The report ranked the countries on the basis of four indicators – undernourishment, child wasting, child stunting and child mortality. Nepal has been ranked 73rd, Bangladesh has been ranked 75th while Pakistan has been ranked 88th this year.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index: 129th
♦New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern Wins (2nd terms) Landslide Re-Election
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s centre-left Labour Party won a landslide victory in New Zealand’s general election on 17th October as voters rewarded her for a decisive response to COVID-19.
- Labour was on track to win 64 of the 120 seats in the country’s unicameral parliament, the highest by any party since New Zealand adopted a proportional voting system in 1996.
Note: About New Zealand
- Capital: Wellington
- Currency: New Zealand dollar
♦FM participates in 102nd meeting of World Bank Development Committee Plenary
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 102nd meeting of World Bank Development Committee Plenary through video conferencing on 16th October.
- The Finance Minister stated that collective action is the key for an effective response to the pandemic and welcomed the strong performance in Q4 of FY 2020 wherein the World Bank Group has committed 45 billion Dollars for COVID-19 response.
♦Vishal V Sharma appointed as next Permanent Representative of India
- Vishal V Sharma has been appointed as the next Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Vishal V Sharma replaces Jawed Ashraf.
Note: About UNESCO
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
- Founded: 16 November 1945,
♦Dr. Michael Irani Named Interim President Of The IWF
- Dr. Michael Irani, Chairman of the IWF Medical Committee and Executive Board Member, will become the IWF’s fourth leader since January of this year.
- In January, a documentary was released accusing former IWF President Tamas Aján of covering up doping and participating in a financial scandal. He stepped down, and Papandrea took over as Interim President.
- Papandrea supported organizational changes such as creating the IWF Athletes Commission and reinstating the IWF’s Anti-Doping Commission, which includes a partnership with the International Testing Agency (ITA).
♦India To Deliver Kilo Class Submarine INS Sindhuvir To Myanmar Navy
- India will be delivering a kilo class submarine INS Sindhuvir to Myanmar Navy and this will be the first submarine of the neighbouring country.
- The step is in accordance with India’s vision of SAGAR (Security and Growth for All in the Region) and also in line with India’s commitment to building capacities and self-reliance in the neighbouring countries.
Note: About Myanmar
- Capital: Naypyitaw
- President: Win Myint
- Currency: Burmese kyat
♦BRAHMOS missile test-fired successfully
- BrahMos, the supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired on 18th October from Indian Navy’s indigenously-built stealth destroyer INS Chennai, hitting a target in the Arabian Sea. The missile hit the target successfully with pin-point accuracy after performing high-level and extremely complex manoeuvres.
- BrahMos as ‘prime strike weapon’ will ensure the warship’s invincibility by engaging naval surface targets at long ranges, thus making the destroyer another lethal platform of Indian Navy.
♦17 October: International Poverty Eradication Day
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty is observed on October 17 every year to spread the message of peace and love and honour the victims of poverty, hunger, violence and fear.
- In 1992, the United Nations (UN) had dedicated October 17 as ‘International Day for the Eradication of Poverty’ in honour of Joseph Wresinski, the founder of International Movement ATD Fourth World.
- Theme 2020: “Acting together to achieve social and environmental justice for all”
Book & Author
♦A book titled ‘The Battle of Belonging’ authored by Shashi Tharoor
- Renowned Author and Politician, Shashi Tharoor is set to release his new book titled “The Battle of Belonging” is set to be released in November 2020.
- Shashi Tharoor described this book as his “magnum opus” on the Theory, evolution and practice of Nationalism across the globe and especially in India.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account