Daily GK Update: 18 & 19 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman attends the Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC) through video-conference
- Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman attended through video-conference the Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee, the Ministerial-level committee of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 16th
- The discussions at the meeting were based on IMF Managing Director’s Global Policy Agenda titled, “Exceptional Times – Exceptional Action”. The members of the IMFC updated the committee on the actions and measures taken by member countries to combat COVID-19, and also remarked on IMF’s crisis-response package to address global liquidity and members’ financing needs.
♦Kisan Rath Mobile App launched to facilitate transportation of food grains and perishables during lockdown
- Agriculture Ministry has launched Kisan Rath Mobile App to facilitate transportation of food grains and perishables during lockdown. This mobile application is developed by the National Informatics Centre to ensure farmers and traders are able to find transport for Agriculture and Horticulture produce.
- Note: list of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
“TOP Parent”: MP
- “Sandhan App:: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App” : Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App: Govt. of India
♦CSIR-CFTRI’s Protein-Enriched Biscuits Reach COVID-19 Patients
- The Mysuru-based CSIR-Central Food Technological Research Institute (CFTRI) has supplied high-protein biscuits to the COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- CFTRI supplied 500 kg of high-protein biscuits and 500 kg of high-protein rusks to the Dietetics department of AIIMS to supply to the patients. The biscuits were supplied on request from the officials of the Institute.
- The biscuits contain 14% of protein while usual biscuits contain around 8-9% protein. “The enriched biscuits will provide the protein needed for recuperating patients”, says Dr. KSMS Raghavarao, Director, CSIR-CFTRI.
Banking and Financial
♦Government revised FDI Rules to limit the takeover of Indian firms
- The central government has revisedthe Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy in an attempt to limit opportunistic takeovers or acquisitions of Indian companies who are in bad place and whose stock prices are falling due to the COVID-19 READ MORE….
♦RBI moratorium: 10% provisioning may shave Rs 35,000 cr off bank profits
- The Reserve Bank of India’s directive asking banks to make 10 per cent provisions on all moratorium loans will shave at least Rs 35,000 crore off their profitability in financial years 2019-20 and 2020-21, according to a report.
- On 17th April, the central bank, in its second set of liquidity-enhancing measures announced Rs 1 trillion specifically targeted fund infusion to small- and mid-sized shadow banks, home financiers and micro-lenders, which will ultimately go a long way in offering some succour to the small and medium enterprises.
- “While the liquidity boosters will help the small lenders, the RBI has also stipulated banks to create a 10 per cent provisioning on all loans that are overdue but not yet NPAs (non-performing assets) wherein the moratorium is on, over the March and June quarters. This will impact their profitability by Rs 35,000 crore in the March and June quarters,” Brickwork Ratings said in a weekend note.
- The new provisioning requirement has to be made for the March and June 2020 quarters and this will impact their profitability in 2019-20 and 2020-21.
Book and Author
♦Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P.V. Sindhu, written by V. Krishnaswamy
- Shuttling to the Top: The Story of P.V. Sindhu, written by V. Krishnaswamy, that narrates the journey of India’s first and only woman silver medal-winning athlete at the Olympic Games.
♦World Heritage Day 2020
- World Heritage Day is observed every year on April 18 to preserve the human heritage and recognize the efforts of the organizations working for it.
- Monuments and ancient buildings are an asset to the world. They make for the rich heritage of the nation.
- Therefore, World Heritage Day is a collective effort of the communities in the world to do the needful. This day is celebrated to maintain the legacy and save the rich heritage which has been given to us by our ancestors.
- Theme 2020: Shared Cultures, Shared Heritage, Shared Responsibility
Note: List of Important Day (April)
- 4 April- International Day of Mine awareness
- 5th April- National Maritime Day
- 7 April- World Health Day
- 10 April – World Homoeopathy Day (WHD)
- 11 April – National Safe Motherhood Day (NSMD)
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here