Daily GK Update 18 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched ‘Pareshram’ Portal
- Chief Minister of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik through a video conference, launched ‘Pareshram’ Portal along with 22 online services of Labour and Employees State Insurance Department.
- The Portal and the Online Services shall be helpful in “Ease of Doing Business” and contribute significantly to the industrial development of the State.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Nehru Zoological Park Hyderabad 1st India’s Zoo gets ISO certifications
- Nehru Zoological Park, Hyderabad, with its standard working procedures, has acquired ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certification from ASCB, UK.
- The Hyderabad Zoo has become the first zoo in the country to receive ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standards Certificate. This was presented to Telangana Forests Minister A. Indra Karan Reddy.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India falls 17 spots on 2020 Human Freedom Index to 111th rank
- The Human Freedom Index 2020, a worldwide ranking of civil, economic and personal freedom, released on 17th Dec, placed India at the 111th spot out of 162 countries. India ranked 94 on the index in 2019.
- India is ahead of China and Bangladesh, which ranked 129 and 139 on the 2020 index respectively.
- New Zealand, Switzerland and Hong Kong bagged the first three spots. The index was published by American think tank Cato Institute and Fraser Institute in Canada.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- World risk index 2020: 89th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
- Human Development Index 2020: 131st
Banking & Financial
♦World Bank approves 4 India projects worth $800 million to support development initiatives
- The World Bank on 17th Dec approved four India projects worth over $800 million to support development initiatives.
- The $400 million Second Accelerating India’s COVID-19 Social Protection Response Programme project will support India’s efforts at providing social assistance to the poor and vulnerable households, severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The $250 million Second Dam Improvement and Rehabilitation Project (DRIP-2) will improve the safety and performance of existing dams across various states of India.
- $68 million: Nagaland Enhancing Classroom Teaching and Resources Project ($68 million) will improve classroom instruction; create opportunities for the professional development of teachers
- $100 million CHIRAAG project will develop sustainable production systems that allow tribal households in remote areas of Chhattisgarh to practice round-the-year production of diversified and nutritious food.
♦Icra narrows its GDP decline forecast for FY21 to 7.8% from 11% earlier
- Icra has pegged the contraction in the economy at 7.8 per cent for 2020-21. Before the GDP numbers for Q2 were out, it had predicted the fall in the economy at 11 per cent. After the release of the numbers, it had given a range of 7-9 per cent for GDP decline.
- Icra forecast a small contraction of one per cent in GDP during the third quarter of the year.
Note: Recently change India GDP projected F21
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)8%
- OECD- (-)9.9%
- SBI– (-)7.4%
- CIRIS: (-) 7.7%
- Fitch: (-) 9.4%
- S&P- (-) 7.7%
♦SAIL gets the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2020
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has been awarded the prestigious Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2020 in the Steel Sector by the Institute of Directors.
- “SAIL has been the winner of this award for successive two years and this bears testimony to the efforts made by the company for sustainable and environmentally responsible steel making. This award is one of the most coveted awards in the category.
♦ISRO sets up a dedicated control Centre ‘NETRA’ for SSA
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has set up a dedicated Space Situational Awareness (SSA) Control Centre named “NETRA”, at its ISTRAC campus at Peenya, Bengaluru. The ISRO SSA Control Centre ‘NETRA’ was formally inaugurated by ISRO Chairman K Sivan.
- The “NEtwork for space object TRacking and Analysis (NETRA)” will monitor, track and protect India’s space assets. It will function as a hub of all SSA activities within India.
♦NASA selects Raja Chari as commander of SpaceX Crew-3 mission
- NASA and the European Space Agency (ESA) have selected Indian-American Raja Chari to be the Commander of the SpaceX Crew-3 mission to the International Space Station. Presently Raja Chari is a colonel in the US Air Force.
- He will be the commander of SpaceX Crew-3 mission, while Nasa’s Tom Marshburn will be pilot and ESA’s Matthias Maurer will serve as a mission specialist. This mission is expected to be launched 2021.
♦35th edition of India-Indonesia Navy CORPATs
- The 35th edition of India-Indonesia Coordinated Patrol (IND-INDO CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Indonesian Navy will be conducted between December 17 and 18.
- Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kulish, an indigenously built missile corvette along with P8I Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) will undertake coordinated patrol with Indonesian Naval Ship KRI Cut Nyak Dien, a Kapitan Pattimura (Parchim I) class corvette and an MPA of the Indonesian Navy.
Note: List of Exercise between Ind & Indo
- Garuda Shakti-India and Indonesia
- Samudra Shakti-Indian Navy-Indonesian Navy bilateral
♦Robert Lewandowski and Lucy Bronze win best of 2020 FIFA awards
- The Bayern Munich striker, Robert Lewandowski has been named The Best FIFA Men’s Player 2020, beating off Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.
- The 32-year-old Lewandowski, top scorer in Europe and winner of the Champions League with Bayern.
- Manchester City full-back, Lucy Bronze won the women’s best player award, becoming the first female English player to take the prize.
Note: About FIFA
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland
- Founded: 21 May 1904
- Important Day
♦17 December: International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers
- This day was created in to call attention to hate crimes committed against sex workers all over the globe. Inaugurated by Dr Annie Sprinkle and started by the Sex Workers Outreach Project USA, the first annual day was in 2003 and was held as a memorial and vigil for the victims of the Green River Killer in Seattle Washington.
- International Day to End Violence Against Sex Workers has empowered workers from over cities around the world to come together and organise against discrimination and remember victims of violence.
♦18 December – Minorities Rights Day in India
- 18th December in India is known as Minorities Rights Day. The day focuses on promoting and preserving the rights of minorities in terms of linguistic, religious, and caste freedom and also ensures the safety of minorities.
- Several events and campaigns are conducted to educate people about this special day. The day is exceptionally one of the important days in December 2020.
♦18th Dec-International Migrants Day
- International Migrants Day is celebrated every year on December 18 to highlight the contributions made by international migrants and internally displaced persons (IDPs) and the challenges they face.
- The day was chosen to commemorate the adoption of on the International Convention on the Protection of the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of Their Families by the UN General Assembly on December 18, 1990.
- Theme 2020: Reimagining Human Mobility.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|