Daily GK Update 19th August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020
- The Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu has announced virtually the results for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)-2020. READ MORE…………..
♦Manduadih becomes ‘Banaras’: MHA gives nod for name change of major railway station in UP
- The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has approved the Uttar Pradesh government’s request to change the name of Manduadih Railway Station to “Banaras”, according to a senior government official.
- An NOC (No Objection Certificate) was given to the U.P government in March.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
♦UP Govt. launched the Electronics Manufacturing Policy
- Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Electronics Manufacturing Policy. It aims to bring in Rs 40,000 crores of investment in five years. The policy aims to develop Bundelkhand and Purvanchal regions.
- The policy aims to make Uttar Pradesh a global electronics hub.
Note: About UP
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
♦Dhanwantari Rath: Ayurveda at doorsteps of Delhi Police Families
- A MoU was signed between the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and the Delhi Police on 18th August for extending ayurvedic mode of preventive and promotive health services in the residential colonies of the force.
- Supported by the AYUSH ministry, these services will be provided by AIIA through a mobile unit named ”Dhanwantari Rath” and Police Wellness Centres.
- In continuation of the project, Ayurveda Preventive and Promotive health care are now planned to be extended to the families of Delhi police personnel.
♦National Recruitment Agency gets Cabinet’s nod. Common Eligibility Test for govt jobs, PSBs
- Union Cabinet on 19th August approved a proposal to set up National Recruitment Agency that will conduct Common Eligibility Test (CET) for selection to non-gazetted posts in the central government and public sector banks.
- This decision will benefit job seeking youth of the country. There will be single entrance examination for all non-gazetted posts — Group B and C posts.
- The score will be valid for three years during which candidate can apply for jobs in different sectors depending upon his/her aptitude and preferences. There will be no bar on the number of attempts. READ MORE……………
International (Current Affairs)
♦UAE-Israel agreed for peace agreement namely “Abraham Accord”
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, and Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the United Arab Emirates, have agreed for the Israel–United Arab Emirates peace agreement, or the Abraham Accord to establish full diplomatic ties.
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) became the first Gulf Arab state and only the third Arab nation after Egypt and Jordan to have active diplomatic ties to Israel.
♦Mali’s President Keita resigns after military mutiny
- Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita resigned on 18th August and dissolved parliament hours after mutinying soldiers detained him at gunpoint, plunging a country already facing a jihadist insurgency and mass protests deeper into crisis.
- Looking tired and wearing a surgical mask, Keita resigned in a brief address broadcast on state television hours after troops seized him along with Prime Minister Boubou Cisse and other top officials.
Note: About Mali
- Capital: Bamako
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Banking and Financial
♦Flipkart signs MOU with IIT Patna, to help students get real world industry exposure
- Ecommerce major, Flipkart has announced an MoU with IIT Patna, India’s leading science, engineering and technology institute.
- The MoU is a step to strengthen Flipkart’s academic collaboration which it has been inculcating for past 5 years now.
- The MoU with IIT Patna will help create industry focused applied research in the areas of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML).
- Aim: IIT Patna will undertake a number of programs such as joint research activities, writing research papers, organizing seminars, internship / mentorship opportunities to name a few.
♦SBI General Insurance Launches ‘Shagun – Gift an insurance’ policy
- SBI General Insurance, one of the leading general insurance companies in India, announced the launch of first-of-its-kind offering, ‘Shagun – Gift an Insurance”, a unique gift of Personal Accident policy.
- Shagun covers personal accident insurance which provides complete financial protection to the insured person against uncertainties such as accidental death and partial or total disabilities, and permanent as well as temporary disabilities resulting from an accident.
♦Reliance Retail acquires majority stake in Netmeds for ₹620 crore
- Reliance Industries Limited through its wholly-owned subsidiary Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL) has acquired majority equity stake in Chennai-based Vitalic Health Pvt. Ltd. and its subsidiaries (collectively known as ‘Netmeds’) for approximately ₹620 crores in cash.
- The investment represents 60% holding in the equity share capital of Vitalic Health and 100% direct equity ownership of its subsidiaries including Tresara Health Private Limited, Netmeds Market Place Limited and Dadha Pharma Distribution Pvt Limited.
♦Data & AI have potential to add $500 billion to economy by 2025: Nasscom
- Driving utilisation of data and artificial intelligence (AI) could play a crucial role in realising India’s 2025 vision of inclusive development and deliver over $500 billion in value to the economy, says a Nasscom report.
- This segment could account for 10 per cent of the country’s GDP by 2025, according to the industry body.
♦DBS Bank India appoints Prashant Joshi as MD and Head of National Distribution
- DBS Bank India on Monday announced the appointment of Prashant Joshi as Managing Director and Head of National Distribution.
- Joshi was earlier Chief Operating Officer, IndoStar Capital Finance. He has nearly three decades of experience in the banking sector across consumer, SME and corporate banking with leading banks and financial institutions.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB): Partha Pratim Sengupta
♦Cricketer Rohit Sharma Appointed Oakley’s Brand Ambassador in India
- Sports eyewear brand Oakley has appointed Indian cricketer Rohit Sharma as its brand ambassador. With this partnership, Sharma will sport the brand’s performance eyewear on and off the pitch.
- “Rohit Sharma is a world-class performer, an inspiration for the younger generation and an icon.
Note: List of some brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador- Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
- ebikeGo: Harbhajan Singh
♦CII India launched Healthcare Week from August 17-21, 2020
- CII is organising a public health conference on August 17 – 18, via a digital platform, as part of the India Healthcare Week from August 17 – 21.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Science & Technology and Earth Sciences will inaugurate the conference on August 17. Dr Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS and Chairman, CII Public Health Council would also speak at the inaugural session.
- CII’s India Healthcare Week aims to redefine the Indian healthcare ecosystem.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account