Daily GK Update 19th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launches Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched the Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan under Jal Jeevan Mission- Urban. The Pilot Pey Jal Survekshan has been launched in 10 cities, which are Agra, Badlapur, Bhubaneswar, Churu, Kochi, Madurai, Patiala, Rohtak, Surat and Tumkur.
- The motive of the Jal Jeevan Mission Urban is to provide universal coverage of water supply to all households through functional taps in all 4,378 statutory towns in accordance with Sustainable Development Goal – 6.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India hosts online workshop on ‘COVID-19 Management’, 10 nations participate
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a Workshop on ‘COVID-19 Management: Experience, Good Practices and Way Forward’ with nearly 10 Neighboring Countries on February 18, 2021. India hosted a Secretary-level virtual meeting on COVID-19 management with South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) countries.
- SAARC nations, including Pakistan, participated in the workshop. Modi called for making a regional air ambulance agreement among neighbouring countries for “medical contingencies”.
♦Facebook blocks Australians from accessing news on platform
- Facebook announced on February 18, 2021 that it has blocked Australians from viewing and sharing news on the platform because of proposed laws in the country to make digital giants pay for journalism.
- Australian publishers can continue to publish news content on Facebook, but links and posts can’t be viewed or shared by Australian audiences.
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian Dollar
Banking & Financial
♦ ICICI Lombard partners with Flipkart to offer ‘Hospicash’ insurance
- The e-commerce company Flipkart has partnered with ICICI Lombard to offer its customers the ‘Group SafeGuard’ insurance, a group health insurance policy. The ‘Group SafeGuard’ comes with daily cash benefits starting from Rs 500, and ‘Hospicash’ benefit for Flipkart consumers.
- The product will allow consumers to avail a payout for each day of hospitalisation. The fixed daily amount will enable consumers to pay for incidental medical or emergency expenses.
Note: About Flipkart
- Headquarters: Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- CEO: Kalyan Krishnamurthy.
Note: About ICICI Lombard
- CEO: Bhargav Dasgupta.
- Headquarters: Mumbai.
- Founded: 2001.
♦RBI approves DHFL resolution plan from Piramal Capital and Housing Finance
- The Reserve Bank of India has cleared the acquisition of Diwan Housing Finance Corporation by Piramal Capital And Housing Finance. DHFL was sent to bankruptcy court in December 2019 after the company defaulted to its lenders on debt worth Rs 90,000 crore.
- The promoters of the company are currently in jail and are facing money laundering charges. Piramal’s plan is to recover Rs 37,250 crore over the next five years for DHFL’s lenders.
♦India recorded $1422 mn FDI inflow from UK in 2019-20
- The FDI inflow from the UK to India has increased from $898 million in 2015- 16 to $1,422 million in 2019-20, according to Grant Thornton Bharat’s Britain Meets India report released on 17th Feb.
- Maharashtra has come out as the top investment destination for UK companies, followed by Haryana, Delhi, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Karnataka.
- The report prepared in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and with the support of the UK’s Department of International Trade observes the latest trends on the UK investments in India.
♦Penguin to publish award-winning author Irwin Allan Sealy’s new novel ‘ASOCA’
- Penguin Random House India is to publish prizewinning writer Irwin Allan Sealys stunning new novel, titled “ASOCA: A Sutra“, an imagined memoir of Ashoka The Great, the emperor who ruled most of the Indian Subcontinent and played a pivotal role in the spread of Buddhism from India to other parts of Asia in the 3rd century BC.
- “Asoca”, tells the story of the emperor who went from masterminding one of the biggest and deadliest wars to becoming one of the most profound advocates of non-violence.
♦Seiko Hashimoto named President of Tokyo Olympic organising committee
- Former Olympian Seiko Hashimoto was named as president of the Tokyo Olympic organising committee after a meeting of its executive board.
- She replaces 83-year-old Yoshiro Mori, a former Japanese prime minister who was forced to resign recently after making sexist comments about women. Tokyo Olympic organizing committee after a meeting of its executive board, which is 80% male. A committee with a 50-50 gender split was formed to find a successor to Mori.
♦Ajai Malhotra becomes first Indian Chairperson of the Advisory Committee of the Human Rights Council
- Ajai Malhotra has become the first Indian to be elected as Chairperson of the Advistory Committee of the Human Rights Council (HRC). He has also served as the Ambassador of India to the Russian Federation till his retirement in 2013.
- After retirement, he served from 2015 to 2019 as Independent Director of India’s public sector oil and gas company, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), as also of ONGC Videsh (2017–2019).
- Malhotra has been on the Indian team negotiating issues such as biological diversity, climate change, desertification, education, energy, forestry, health, human rights, human settlements, intellectual property, international law, labour, ozone depletion, sustainable development and trade.
Note: About Human Rights Council
- Founded: 15 March 2006.
- President: Nazhat Shameem.
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
♦Chris Morris becomes costliest ever player at IPL auction for Rajasthan Royal
- Chris Morris became the costliest ever player at an IPL auction Rs 16.25 cr. for Rajastyhan Royal while Krishnappa Gowtham became the costliest Indian uncapped player for Chennai Super Kings at the IPL 2021 auction.
- IPL’s perennial under-performer Glenn Maxwell once again fetched big money at the auction with Royal Challengers Bangalore bidding a whopping Rs 14.25 crore to secure his services.
♦Ankita Raina wins maiden WTA title, to become first Indian woman player in top 100 after Sania Mirza
- India’s Ankita Raina on 19th Feb claimed her maiden WTA title by lifting the Phillip Island Trophy along with Russian partner Kamilla Rakhimova, a feat which will catapult her into the top-100 in the doubles for the first time in her career.
- Ankita and Kamilla erased a one-set deficit to beat the Russian combination of Anna Blinkova and Anastasia Potapova 2-6 6-4 10-7 in the summit clash here.
- Ankita will become only the second player to crack the doubles top-100 since Sania Mirza, who is a six-time Grand Slam champion.
♦Former Union Minister Captain Satish Sharma passes away
- Veteran Congress leader and former Union Minister Captain Satish Sharma passed away. He served as the Union Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas from 1993 to 1996 in the Narasimha Rao government.
- He was a three-time Lok Sabha MP, representing Rae Bareli and Amethi constituencies and Rajya Sabha member for three terms representing the states of Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|