Daily GK Update 19th & 20th September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Gujarat government launches Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana
- Chief Minister of Gujarat, Vijay Rupani has launched a scheme named Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana (MMUY) that will provide interest-free loans to women’s groups in the state.
- Aims: Under the scheme, Gujarat State Govt will provide an interest-free loan of Rs 1 lakh to these one lakh women JLEGs. The interest amount will be borne by the state government.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
Banking and Financial
♦Canara Bank introduces i-Lead 2.0 to boost customer services
- Public sector lender Canara Bank has launched lead management system (LMS) – i-Lead 2.0 (Inspiring Leads System version 2.0).
- The bank announded “This new initiative is being introduced with the motive of building and sustaining business relationships with bothnew customers to bank and existing customers to bank. Going beyond the principle of gaining profit and having competitive advantage, Canara Bank has opened a way for its services to reach all corners of the country.”
♦Govt. forms Expert Committee Under Rajesh Pant to probe reports of snooping by chinese firm
- Taking up the matter with the Chinese Ambassador, the Government on 17th September set up an expert committee under the National Cyber Security Coordinator to study the revelations in China Watching. Shenzen-based company, with links to the Chinese government, is monitoring over 10,000 Indian individuals and entities.
- The expert committee, led by Lt Gen (retd) Rajesh Pant, India’s chief coordinator on cyber security, will evaluate the “implications” of the digital surveillance by Data Information Technology Co. Limited and “assess any violations of law and submit its recommendations within thirty days.”
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamat
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
- Assessment of relief to bank borrower: Rajiv Mehrishi
♦Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar given additional charge of Food Processing Industries Ministry
- President Ram Nath Kovind has accepted the resignation of Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal from the Union Council of Ministers.
- A press communique issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has been assigned the charge of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in addition to his existing portfolios.
Note: list of Some Minister Creates Confused
- Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution– Shri Ramvilas Paswan
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Ministry of Rural Development, Ministry of Panchayati Raj-Shri Narendra Singh Tomar
- Ministry of Law and Justice Ministry of Communications, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology– Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment-Shri Thaawar Chand Gehlot
- Ministry of Human Resource Development-Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
- Ministry of Women and Child Development Ministry of Textiles-Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani
♦Udit Singhal named by UN to 2020 Class of Young Leaders for SDGs
- Udit Singhal, an 18-year-old boy from India has been named by the United Nations to the 2020 cohort of young leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals, the highest profile recognition opportunity at the world body for youngsters who are leading efforts to combat the world’s most pressing issues.
- Singhal has been named to the 2020 Class of 17 Young Leaders for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). He is the founder of Glass2Sand, a zero-waste ecosystem that addresses the growing menace of glass waste in Delhi.’’
♦Margaret Atwood awarded 2020 Dayton Literary Peace Prize
- Margaret Atwood has won the 2020 Dayton Literary Peace Prize’s lifetime achievement award. The award celebrates literature’s power to foster peace, social justice and global understanding. Margaret Atwood is a prolific writer of poetry, fiction, nonfiction, essays and comic books.
- The Richard C. Holbrooke Distinguished Achievement Award is named for the late U.S. diplomat who brokered the 1995 Bosnian peace accords reached in the Ohio city.
Book and Author
♦Obama announces first presidential memoir, ‘A Promised Land,’ Book in November
- A Promised Land is a forthcoming memoir by Barack Obama. It is due to be published on November 17, 2020. It is the first of a planned two volumes that Obama has written following his incumbency as President of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
- Obama said in a tweet following the announcement of the publication of the book that he has aimed to “provide an honest accounting of my presidency, the forces we grapple with as a nation, and how we can heal our divisions and make democracy work for everybody”. The book concludes with the events of the killing of Osama bin Laden in 2011.
♦18 September: International Equal Pay Day
- International Equal Pay Day is observed on 18 September every year. The day aims to highlight the importance of achieving equal pay for work of equal value. International Equal Pay Day is observed for the first time in 2020 under an initiative by the United Nations.
- The day focuses to show the importance of ending sexual discrimination in relation to gender pay gap which refers to the difference in earnings between men and women in paid employment.
♦Veteran Tamilian Director Babu Sivan passes away
- Tamil director Babu Sivan passed away on 17th September at Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital in Chennai, following multiple organ failure.
- He was 54. Babu Sivan began his career by assisting director Dharani, who helmed films like Ghilli and Kurvi with Vijay.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|