Daily GK Update 19 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Arunachal Pradesh Has The Best Female Sex Ratio In The Country; Manipur Fares Worst
- The northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh has recorded the best sex ratio in the country while Manipur has emerged the worst, according to the 2018 report on “vital statistics of India based on the Civil Registration System”.
- Sex ratio at birth is number of females born per thousand males.
The Highest sex ratio
The lowest sex ratio
|Daman & Diu||877||1000|
♦Vijayanagara to become Karnataka’s 31st district
- The Karnataka cabinet on 18th Nov gave in principle approval for the creation of Vijayanagara as the state’s 31st district, carving it out from the mine-rich Ballari.
- Minister for Forest and Ballari district in-charge Anand Singh, who anchored the efforts for the new district. “It was an aspiration to have a separate district that included the then capital of a Hindu empire (Vijayanagara empire) Hampi.
Note: About Karnataka
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Governor: Vajubhai Vala
- Chief minister: B. S. Yediyurappa
International (Current Affairs)
♦London named best city in world, Delhi takes 62nd position
- Vancouver-based Resonance Consultancy Ltd., which deals in real estate, released its “World’s Best Cities for 2021” list, naming London as the best city.
- To arrive at the conclusion, the company judged a total of 100 cities, nestling more than a million people. Only one Indian city — Delhi — made it to the list, taking the 62nd position.
- London took the top rank on the list for the fifth consecutive year. It was followed by USA’s New York.
- Paris (France), Moscow (Russia), Tokyo (Japan), Dubai (UAE), Singapore, Barcelona (Spain), Los Angeles (USA), and Madrid (Spain) took the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, and tenth rank respectively.
List of Some India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global Innovation Index 2020-48th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
♦UK to ban sales of new diesel and gasoline cars in 2030
- The United Kingdom will ban the sale of new cars that run only on fossil fuels in 2030, a move that is designed to phase out polluting vehicles earlier than any other major economy and support the country’s recovery from the pandemic.
- The ban is part of a broader “green industrial revolution” blueprint announced by Prime Minister Boris Johnson that includes £12 billion ($16 billion) in government investment. The government hopes the private sector will chip in over three times that amount.
Banking & Financial
♦Goldman Sachs raises India’s FY21 GDP forecast to -10.3%
- Goldman Sachs revised upwards its FY21 growth forecast for India to a 10.3% contraction, from -14.8% it had projected in September.
- As announcements of effective vaccines begin to take hold of the global pandemic rhetoric, the investment bank projected India’s GDP to rebound to 13% in the financial year 2021-22 (FY22), compared with 15.7% estimated earlier.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- OECD- (-)10.2%
♦Equitas Small Finance Bank appoints Smriti Mandhana as brand ambassador
- Equitas Small Finance Bank has launched a women-centred product ‘Eva’. The Bank has roped in Indian Woman cricketer Smriti Mandhana as the brand ambassador for its newly launched product ‘EVA’.
- Eva is unique savings account for women to address the well-being of Indian women in every aspect such as health, wealth and prosperity.
Note: List of latest brand ambassador
- Paytm First Games (PFG): Sachin Tendulkar
- Great Learning: Virat Kohli
- Acer India: Sonu Sood
- Ceat Tyres: Aamir Khan
- Myntra for beauty segment: Disha Patani, kiara advani
- Dr Trust: Rohit Sharma
- Syska Group: Rajkummar Rao
♦Novak Djokovic after lifting year-end No. 1 trophy for 6th time
- Serbian tennis star Novak Djokovic has given the ATP Tour No. 1 trophy on 15 November 2020, for finishing 2020 as the year-end No. 1 (world number one).
- With this, he has become the only second player in tennis history, after Pete Sampras, to receive the trophy sixth time.’
- Earlier Djokovic had finished as world number one in 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2018. Before this, only Pete Sampras has managed to finish six years on top of the rankings which he did between 1993 and 1998.
♦L&T delivers first launch hardware for Gaganyaan mission ahead of schedule
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro on November 17 said it has delivered the first hardware — a booster segment — for the Gaganyaan Launch Vehicle to ISRO ahead of schedule.
- “Notwithstanding the limitations imposed by COVID-19, the Middle segment of the world’s third-largest solid propellant rocket booster – ‘S-200’, has been delivered ahead of schedule with zero-defects.
♦India’s Param Siddhi ranked 63rd in list of world’s 500 most powerful supercomputers
- Indian supercomputer Param Siddhi has achieved 63rd rank in the list of 500 most powerful supercomputers in the world. Param Siddhi is the high-performance computing-artificial intelligence (HPC-AI) supercomputer established under National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) at C-DAC.
- “It is a historical first. India today has one of the largest supercomputer infrastructures in the world and that is evidenced by the ranking that Param Siddhi-AI has received.
♦19th November: International Men’s Day
- The world is celebrating International Men’s Day, which is observed every year on November 19. It celebrates the achievements and contributions of men and boys to the nation, society, community, family, marriage, and childcare.
- Jerome chose November 19 to honour his father’s birthday and to celebrate how on that date in 1989, Trinidad and Tobago’s football team united the country with their endeavours to qualify for the World Cup.
- Theme 2020: ‘Better health for men and boys’
♦November 19 (Third Thursday)-World Philosophy Day
- World Philosophy Day is observed on the third Thursday of November every year to strengthen people’s commitment to philosophy by fostering philosophical analysis, research, and studies on major contemporary issues. It also raises awareness about the importance of philosophy.
- World Philosophy Day was first celebrated on November 21, 2002.
♦Rajasthan Minister Bhanwarlal Meghwal passes away
- Rajasthan Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Bhanwarlal Meghwal passed away.
- The five-time MLA represented the Sujangarh assembly constituency of Churu district of the state.
♦Mridula Sinha, first woman Governor of Goa, passes away at 77
- Former Goa Governor and BJP leader Mridula Sinha died at AIIMS in Delhi on 18th Nov. President Ram Nath Kovind and PM Narendra Modi were among the prominent personalities to pay tribute to the first woman Governor of Goa.
- A native of Muzaffarpur (Bihar), Sinha (77) will be remembered for starting cultural events called ‘chaand ke saath’ in the lawns of Governor House.
- Background: A teacher and poet, Sinha joined the BJP in 1981, holding senior posts till her last stint as Governor of Goa. She was married to Dr Ram Kripal Sinha, a college lecturer in Muzaffarpur, who later served as a Cabinet minister in Bihar.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|