Daily GK Update 2 , 3 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Jharkhand launch crop relief scheme- Kisan Fasal Rahat Yojana
- It is a compensation scheme which provides security cover to farmers for the damaged crops occurring due to natural calamity.
- The main aim of the scheme is food safety, crop diversification, rapid agriculture development paving way for competition. The scheme will cover both land owning and landless farmers. The Department of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Co-operative will be the implementing agency.
- The department will work in association with project management unit which will take care of technical requirements. But it is not an insurance scheme where premiums are paid.
Note: About Jharkhand
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Draupadi Murmu
♦India approves two coronavirus vaccines
- Eleven months after the first case of deadly coronavirus was detected in India, Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) V.G. Somani on 3rd Jan approved Serum Institute of India’s ‘Covishield’ vaccine and Bharat Biotech’s ‘Covaxin’ for emergency use, paving the way for their roll-out and administration to millions.
- The vaccine will be first offered to one crore healthcare workers, along with two crore frontline and essential workers and 27 crore elderly, mostly above the age of 50 years with co-morbidities.
♦PM Modi lays foundation stone of Light House projects (LHPs)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of Light House projects (LHPs) at six sites across six States through video conference on 1st January 2021.
- The LHPs will be implemented at Indore (Madhya Pradesh), Rajkot (Gujarat), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Agartala (Tripura) and Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). The project is being constructed under the Global Housing Technology Challenge (GHTC)-India. It has been conceptualised by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Under the programme, over 1,000 houses would be built in each of the six cities in 12 months along with allied infrastructure facilities.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Australia Has Changed a Word in its National Anthem to Honor Indigenous People
- Australia has changed one word in its national anthem to reflect what the prime minister called “the spirit of unity” and the country’s Indigenous population.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison on New Year’s Eve announced that the second line of the anthem, Advance Australia Fair, has been changed from “For we are young and free” to “For we are one and free.”
Note: About Australia
- Prime minister: Scott Morrison
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar (AUD)
Banking & Financial
♦ADB to provide $231 mn loan to enhance power generation capacity in Assam
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a $231 million loan with the Government of India to augment electricity generation capacity in the state of Assam.
- This is the third tranche loan for the ‘Assam Power Sector Investment Programme’ that was approved by the ADB Board in July 2014.
- Aims: Under the project, 120 megawatts (MW) hydroelectric power plant would be constructed. The programme focuses on enhancing the capacity and efficiency of the energy generation and distribution systems in Assam to improve the availability of electricity service to end-users.
List of Loan approved by ADB Recently
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
- $190 million – Modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
- $300 million – Primary health care in urban areas
- $300 million – Upgrade power distribution network in Uttar Pradesh
- 2100 Cr.- Tripura for urban, tourism development
♦SEBI imposes fine of Rs. 15 crore on Mukesh Ambani, Rs. 25 crore on Reliance Industries
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on 1st Jan imposed fine of Rs. 15 crore on Mukesh Ambani and Rs. 25 crore on Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) for entering into a scheme of “manipulative trades” in 2007 respect of the sale of 5 percent of RIL stake in Reliance Petroleum Limited (RPL).
- The market regulator ruled that twelve Agents appointed by RIL took short positions in the F&O Segment on behalf of RIL, while RIL undertook transactions in RPL shares in the cash segment.
- The depressed settlement price due to manipulative trades resulted in profits on the said short positions which were then transferred by the agents back to RIL as per a prior agreement, the SEBI ruled.
♦RBI launches Digital Payments Index
- The Reserve Bank of India on said it has constructed a composite Digital Payments Index (DPI) with March 2018 as the base period to capture the extent of digitisation of payments across the country.
- “The DPI for March 2019 and March 2020 work out to 153.47 and 207.84, respectively, indicating (an) appreciable growth,” RBI said in a statement. Going forward, RBI-DPI will be published on the central bank’s website on a semi-annual basis from March 2021 onwards with a lag of four March 2021 onwards with a lag of four months.
♦ADB, India sign $10 million loan to support project horticulture in Himachal Pradesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India on 30th December 2020 signed a $10 million project readiness financing (PRF) to help finance piloting activities, and design and capacity building for an ensuing project that aims to expand horticulture production and farm household income in the hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
- “The PRF project aims to ensure implementation readiness with prior testing of new production technologies and marketing systems so that the ensuing project is cost-effective and gets completed in a timely manner to enhance farm profitability.
♦Soma Mondal appointed new Chairperson of SAIL
- Smt. Soma Mondal has taken over as Chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) on 01.01.2021. She was the Director (Commercial) of SAIL prior to this. Before joining SAIL as a Director, Smt. Mondal was the Director (Commercial) at NALCO.
- About Soma Mondal: A graduate in Electrical Engineering from the National Institute of Technology, Rourkela in 1984, Smt. Mondal started her career as a Graduate Engineer Trainee at NALCO and rose to become Director (Commercial) at NALCO. She then joined SAIL in 2017 as the Director (Commercial) and subsequently has become the Chairman of SAIL.
List of Chairman
- NTPC-Gurdeep Singh
- ONGC-Shashi Shanker
- IOC-Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
- GAIL-Manoj Jain
♦Umesh Sinha appointed Deputy Election Commissioner
- Umesh Sinha has been appointed as the deputy election commissioner in the Election Commission of India.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved extension in the term of reemployment of Sinha as deputy election commissioner on contract basis for a period of six months beyond December 31, 2020, that is up to June 30, 2021.
Note: About Election Commission
- Chief Election Commissioner of India: Sunil Arora.
- Formed: 25 January 1950.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
♦1st January – Global Family Day
- It is celebrated as a day of peace and sharing. Its aim is to unite and spread a message of peace by considering and promoting the idea that Earth is one Global Family so as to make the world a better place to live for everyone.
♦Former Union minister Buta Singh passes away
- Former Union minister Buta Singh & senior Congress leader passed away in New Delhi on 2nd Jan at the age of 86.
- He served as Lok Sabha MP for eight terms from the Jalore constituency in Rajasthan. Singh was first associated with the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), but later joined the Congress in the 1960s. He also served as the governor of Bihar.
♦Legendary Music Director Shantanu Mohapatra passes away
- Legendary Odia musician, Shantanu Mohapatra passed away. He was the first Odia music composer to work with legends like Lata Mangeshkar, Manna Dey and Md Rafi and also the first to work in Hindi, Bengali, Assamese and Telugu film industries.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|