Daily GK Update, 2nd June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ India’s first national Artificial Intelligence Portal launched by IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad
- On the occasion of the first anniversary of the second tenure of Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government, Union Minister for Electronics and IT, Law and Justice and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad on 30th May launched India’s national Artificial Intelligence Portal called http://www.ai.gov.in.
- “Artificial Intelligence Portal has been jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and IT and IT Industry. National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry will jointly run this portal. This portal shall work as a one-stop digital platform for AI-related developments in India, sharing of resources such as articles, startups, investment funds in AI, resources, companies and educational institutions related to AI in India. The portal will also share documents, case studies, research reports etc.
- Aims: “The aim of this programme is to give the young students of our country a platform and empower them with appropriate new age tech mindset, relevant AI skill-sets and access to required AI tool-sets to make them digitally ready for the future.
♦ Centre launches scheme “PM SVANIDHI” for street vendors to get loans of up to ₹10,000
- The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on 1st June launched PM Svanidhi, or Pradhan Mantri Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi scheme, which is a special micro-credit facility plan to provide affordable loan of up to ₹10,000 to more than 50 lakh street vendors, who had their businesses operational on or before 24 March. The the scheme is valid until March 2022.
- Purpose: Under the scheme, vendors can avail working capital loan of up to ₹10,000, which is repayable in monthly instalments within one year. On timely/early repayment of the loan, an interest subsidy of 7% per annum will be credited to the bank accounts of beneficiaries through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) on six-months basis. There will be no penalty on early repayment of loan.
♦ Kerala govt announced “K-FON” free internet project by December 2020
- Kerala Chief Minister, Pinarayi Vijayan has announced that Kerala Fibre Optic Network Project (K-FON) project that will provide free internet access to the poor will roll out by December 2020.
- The CM of Kerala made an announcement about the project after a meeting with heads of companies of the consortium executing Rs. 1,500 crore for the project.
Note: About Kerala
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
♦ Govt of India approved Rs 1407 Crore for 2020-21 under Jal Jeevan Mission for Assam
- Assam presented the Annual Action Plan for consideration and approval of Ministry of Jal Shakti. Government of India approved Rs 1407 Crore for 2020-21 under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
- In 2020-21, State plans to provide tap connections to 13 lakh households out of total 63 lakhs. Realization of the goal of Jal Jeevan Mission in Assam is not difficult taking into account the abundant water resources in the State i.e. both ground water and surface water.
Note: About Assam
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief minister: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Prof Jagdish Mukhi
♦ Arunachal Pradesh plans to provide tap connection to all rural households by March 2023
- The Annual Action Plan of Arunachal Pradesh to achieve 100% household tap connections in the State was approved by National Jal Jeevan Mission, Ministry of Jal Shakti. The State proposed to provide 100% tap connections to all the households by March, 2023. Govt of India approved Rs 255 Crore for the State under Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in 2020-21.
- States are given additional funds in form of performance grants based on their achievement in terms of tangible outputs i.e. the household tap connections and commensurate financial progress. Out of 2.18 lakh total rural households, the State is planning to provide 77,000 tap connections in 2020-21.
Note: About Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: Brig (Retd) Dr B D Mishra
♦ Nisarga to hit Maharashtra and Gujarat on 3rd June
- Cyclonic storm Nisarga is likely to turn into a ‘severe cyclonic storm’ in the next 24 hours and hit coastal Maharashtra and Gujarat in the evening hours of June 3.
- According to the IMD, cyclone Nisarga is likely to make landfall. READ MORE……….
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Switzerland launched the world’s first app “SwissCovid” based on Google and Apple’s contact-tracing tech
- The first app to take advantage of the Apple and Google Exposure Notification API has been released in Switzerland. The app is called “SwissCovid” and is currently available to select essential workers.
- On permitting the notification system the Exposure Notification system generates a random ID for the device to protect the users location and identity which changes every 10-20 min.The phones will exchange these IDs with the other devices via bluetooth and check with the random IDs with COVID-19 positive cases in the database and if any ID matches the app will notify the further instructions from the health authorities.
- The access for the API is requested by 22 countries including the states in the US (Alabama, South Carolina, Virginia, North Dakota).
Note: About Switzerland
- Currency: Swiss franc
- Capital: Bern
Banking and Financial
♦ Yes Bank acquires 24.19% stake in Dish TV
- Yes Bank Ltd acquired a 24.19% stake in direct-to-home service provider, Dish TV India Ltd, by invoking pledges against 44.53 equity shares kept as collateral with the private lender for a loan.
- This is the fifth instance in the past one year that Yes Bank has acquired majority stake in a non-banking businesses simply due to invocation of pledge against shares of a company that had availed loans from the bank and later failed to repay the dues.
♦ 2nd June: International Sex Workers’ Day 2020
- International Sex Workers’ Day takes place on June 02, 2020. The day which is also known as International Whore’s Day is a celebratory day, which remembers the discrimination of prostitutes and their often exploitative living and conditions of working.
- The starting point of the International Whore’s Day as a memorial was the second June 1975 in which more than 100 prostitutes occupied the Church Saint-Nizier in Lyon in order to get attention to their situation. This remembrance day is celebrated annually since 1976 on the 2nd of June.
Note: Important Day (June 1st Week)
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June– International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day
- 7 June- World Food Safety Day
- 8 June-World Brain Tumor Day & World Oceans Day
♦ 2nd June: Telangana Formation Day
- June 2 is celebrated every year as Telangana Formation Day as this is the day when the Telangana state officially came into existence under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act of Parliament in 2014.
- On February 8, 2014, the Telangana Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha with support from the Congress and BJP. The Telangana bill was passed by Rajya Sabha with the support of the BJP and other opposition parties.
♦ Veteran Lyricist Yogesh Gaur Passes away
- Veteran lyricist Yogesh Gaur, best-known for writing songs like Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye and Zindagi Kaisi Hai Paheli, died on 30th may. He was 77. Yogesh Gaur, famous as Yogesh in the film industry, gave Bollywood several hit songs in the 60s and 70s.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here