Daily GK Update : 20 January 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Current Affairs and Daily GK Updates are the most important part of the today’s competitive exams. So, here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ 9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata
- The 9th International Children’s Film Festival begins in Kolkata on 19th January with the screening of Aizaz Khan directed Hamid.
- About 250 films from 45 countries will be screened in the week-long festival. National Award winner Children actor, Talha Arsad Rishi will inaugurate the festival.
Note: About West Bengal
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
- Population: 9.03 crores (2012)
- Chief minister: Mamata Banerjee
♦ Magh Bihu celebrated in Assam
- Magh Bihu, an auspicious harvest festival, is being celebrated in Assam.
- People began the day by gathering at a temple and offered prayers, recited mantras and beat up the drums.
Note: The major festivals celebrated in Assam
- Bihu, Baishagu, Ali-Ai-Ligang, Baikho, Rongker, Rajini Gabra Harni Gabra, Bohaggiyo Bishu, Ambubashi Mela and Jonbill Mela
♦ First edition of Krishi Manthan begins in Ahmedabad
- In Gujarat, the first edition of Krishi Manthan- the largest Food, Agri-business and Rural Development Summit of Asia organized by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- More than 1,500 delegates including students and academicians are participating in the two-day event organized by the Food and Agribusiness Committee of IIMA.
- Aims: The students along with working professionals from Food, Agriculture and allied sectors are getting benefited from the workshops during this summit.
Note: About Gujarat
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- CM: Vijay Rupani
Banking and Financial
♦ IMF cuts India’s FY20 growth forecast to 4.8%
- The International Monetary Fund has slashed its estimate on India’s 2019 economic growth to 4.8% from the 6.1% expansion it projected in October, citing a sharper-than-expected slowdown in local demand and stress in the non-bank financial sector.
- The IMF’s World Economic Outlook (WEO) Update revised India’s 2020 growth forecast to 5.8%, down 0.9 percentage point from the previous estimate. For 2021, the estimate is 6.5%.
Note: About India’s forecasting FY 2020
- RBI forecasted-5%
- Moody -4.9%
- ADB- 5.1%
- World Bank -5%
♦ RBI ranked sixth among central banks in buying gold abroad
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) bought 7.5 tonnes of gold last October, buttressing its foreign exchange reserves to $450 billion.
- The RBI holds 625.2 tonnes of gold, forming 6.6 per cent of its forex reserves, said the World Gold Council (WGC) in a report based on data central banks shared with the International Monetary Fund.
- The central banks of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Poland bought more than India in 2019.
♦ India Ranks Low at 76th Place Among 82 Countries on Global Social Mobility Index
- India has been ranked very low at 76th place out of 82 countries on a new Social Mobility Index compiled by the World Economic Forum (WEF), while Denmark has topped the charts.
- The report, released ahead of the 50th Annual Meeting of the WEF.
Note: India’s Rank in Ranking Index
- Global competitiveness index-68
- Global passport Index 2020-84
- Global Hunger Index-102
- World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2020-63
- Gender Equality Index 2019-95
♦ Gujarat ranked top for water efficiency, Delhi among worst performing states
- Gujarat has been ranked the best for parameters on efficiency targets in the review of state and Central government water departments by the ministry of Jal Shakti. Rajasthan is the third best and Delhi is among the worst performing states, according to the ranking for 2019 circulated to different state governments recently.
- Among the seven Central departments reviewed, the Survey of India has got the top billing followed by the National Institute of Hydrology (NIH) and Central Water Commission.
♦ Mazumdar-Shaw to receive highest Australian civilian honour
- Australia has conferred its highest civilian honour, the Order of Australia honour, on Biocon founder Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw for her contribution towards advancing the country’s relationship with India.
- Australia’s High Commissioner to India Harinder Sidhu invested Mazumdar-Shaw as an Honorary Member within the Order of Australia (AM) in the General Division at a ceremony in Bengaluru.
- Capital: Canberra
- Currency: Australian dollar
- Prime Minsiter-Scott Morrison
♦ Arjun Munda elected president of Archery Association of India
- Union minister Arjun Munda was on 18th January elected as president of the suspended Archery Association of India (AAI) in its much-delayed elections, which were held here smoothly in the presence of three observers.
- Enjoying the support of former AAI President Vijay Kumar Malhotra, Munda had a smooth sailing as he beat his rival BVP Rao by a margin of 34-18 votes.
♦ India successfully test-fires K-4 ballistic missile
- India has successfully test-fired a 3,500 kilometer range nuclear capable missile that can be launched from a submarine.
- The test of the K-4 ballistic missile was conducted off the Vizag coast in Andhra Pradesh on 19th January. With this test, India has moved one more step towards the induction of this ballistic missile on the INS Arihant class of nuclear submarines. The missile was developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
♦ India beat Pakistan to won Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship
- The team of the Indian Consulate in Dubai on 18th January defeated the team of the Pakistan Consulate to lift the Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship of 2020.
- Consul General Vipul alongwith the other family members of the Indian Consulate was present on the ground to cheer the team.
- The Championship was organized by Skyline University College in Sharjah. Consulates of eight countries participated in the tournament.
- The aim of the Diplomat Cup Cricket Championship is to bring together officials and employees of different Consulates based in UAE.
♦ Vinesh Phogat wins gold at Rome Ranking Series event
- Vinesh Phogat won her first gold medal of the 2020 season at the Rome Ranking Series event after teen sensation Anshu Malik settled for a silver in 57kg competition, here on 18th
- Vinesh downed two tough Chinese rivals on her way to the 53kg gold medal bout in which she overpowered Ecudor’s Luisa Elizabeth Valverde 4-0.
Book and Author
♦ Former Indian Cricketer WV Raman’s book ‘The Winning Sixer’, released by Anil Kumble
- ‘The Winning Sixer’, released formally by Anil Kumble, WV Raman has drawn on his own experiences, and those of other athletes, to derive leadership lessons from sport.
♦ 19th January: National Immunization Day
- National Immunization Day was observed on 19 January 2020.
- The day was aimed to maintain the NO POLIO status of the country. On this day, a nationwide programme to administer polio drops to children below 5 years was organized throughout the country.
You can also Read this:
|Ambitious Baba need your support to Grow|
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|