Daily GK Update: 2 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Government launches scheme for 100 % solarisation of Konark sun temple & Konark town
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has taken up the Complete Solarisation of Konark sun temple and Konark town in Odisha.
- Speaking about the Scheme, R K Singh, MoS(i/c) for Power and MNRE has said, “Government of India launched the Scheme with an objective to take forward the Prime Minister’s vision to develop the historical Sun temple town of Konark in Odisha as ‘Surya Nagri’, to convey a message of synergy between the modern use of solar energy and the ancient Sun Temple and the importance of promoting solar energy”.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦NTA launches ‘National Abhyas App’ for JEE Main and NEET aspirants
- An artificial intelligence-powered mobile app ‘National Test Abhyas’ developed by the National Testing Agency (NTA) was launched on 19th May.
- The objective of the mobile app is to enable candidates to take mock tests for upcoming exams such as JEE (Main), NEET 2020 under the NTA’s purview. The app has been launched to facilitate candidates’ access to high quality mock tests.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Nepal approves new map including Lipulekh, Kalapani, Limpiyadhura amidst border row with India
- Nepal’s Cabinet has endorsed a new political map showing Lipulekh, Kalapani and Limpiyadhura under its territory, amidst a border dispute with India.
- The move announced by Foreign Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali came weeks after he said that efforts were on to resolve the border issue with India through diplomatic initiatives.
- Nepal’s ruling Nepal Communist Party lawmakers have also tabled a special resolution in Parliament demanding return of Nepal’s territory in Kalapani, Limpiyadhura and Lipulekh.
- The Lipulekh pass is a far western point near Kalapani, a disputed border area between Nepal and India. Both India and Nepal claim Kalapani as an integral part of their territory – India as part of Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district and Nepal as part of Dharchula district.
Note: About Nepal
- Capital: Kathmandu
- Currency: Nepalese rupee
- PM: KP Sharma Oli
♦India Provides US$ 2 Million to UNRWA for the Welfare of Palestine Refugees
- The Government of India has contributed US$ 2 million to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) in support of the Agency’s core programmes and services, including education, health care, relief and social services.
- The contribution was presented to UNRWA by the Representative of India to State of Palestine, H.E. Mr. Sunil Kumar.
Banking and Financial
♦Nabard extends ₹20,500-cr special liquidity facility to co-op banks, RRBs
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard), on 19th May, said it has extended ₹20,500-crore special liquidity facility to co-operative banks (₹15,200 crore) and Regional Rural Banks (₹5,300 crore) in various States.
- This is against the ₹5,000 crore lent during the first quarter of the last year.
- The special liquidity facility is with a view to augment the resources of the Cooperative banks and RRBs to enable them to extend credit to farmers for taking up pre-monsoon and kharif (summer sown crops) 2020 operations.
Note: About Nabard
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala (Next-Chintala Govinda Rajulu in July)
♦FIEO expects 20% fall in export during FY21 over coronavirus pandemic
- The Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) said on 19th May that the export from the country is expected to fall by 20 per cent in the current fiscal in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The outlook is “extremely negative” at the moment, and fall in export will also be accompanied by a decline in import, an official of the apex exporters’ body said. “We expect that export during the current financial year is likely to fall by 20 per cent. In value terms, this will be around USD 50 to 60 billion.
Note: About FIEO
- Headquarters location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Founder: Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Founded: 1965
Appointment and Resign
♦Dr Harsh Vardhan set to take charge as Chairman WHO Executive Board on 22 May
- Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan is all set to take charge of World Health Organisation (WHO) Execuive Board. Dr Harsh Vardhan will, in all likeliness, take charge as Chairman WHO Executive Board on May 22.
- Vardhan would succeed Dr Hiroki Nakatani of Japan, currently the Chairman of the 34-member WHO Executive Board.
- The proposal to appoint India’s nominee to the executive board was signed by the 194-nation World Health Assembly on 19th May.
♦Alibaba’s Jack Ma resigns from SoftBank board
- SoftBank Group Corp said on 18th May that Alibaba co-founder Jack Ma will resign from its board, in the latest departure by a high-profile ally of CEO Masayoshi Son.
- The departure of Ma, who retired as Alibaba’s executive chairman in September, comes as he pulls back from formal business roles to focus on philanthropy.
- SoftBank will propose three new appointments to the board, including group Chief Financial Officer Yoshimoto Goto, at its annual general meeting on June 25. The number of board members will expand to 13.
♦Army’s “Game-Changing” Proposal To Allow 3-Year Tenure For Civilians
- The Army is considering a proposal to allow civilians, including young working professionals, to join the force for three years as officers and in other ranks in areas like logistics and front-line formations.
- The Army is also considering to take personnel from the paramilitary and central armed police forces for up to seven years, after which they would be allowed to return to their parent organisations.
- The “game-changing” proposal to allow civilians to work for three years in the Army is being examined by top commanders. “If approved, it will be a voluntary engagement and there will be no dilution in selection criteria. Initially, 100 officers and 1,000 men are being considered for recruitment.
♦20th May: World Bee Day 2020
- Every year World Bee Day 2020 will be celebrated on May 20.
- World Bee Day 2020 will aim at strengthening measures to protect bees and other pollinators like every year. According to United Nations guidelines, World Bee Day aims at significantly contributing to solving problems related to the global food supply chain and eliminate hunger in developing countries.
- Theme 2020: “Save the Bees”
Note: Revision May Important Day
- May 8: World Red Cross Day & World Thalassaemia Day
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 15: International Day of the Family
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day & World Hypertension Day
♦Marathi Writer, Director, Ratnakar Matkari Dies of COVID-19 at 81
- An 81-year-old Marathi writer and producer Ratnakar Matkari, suffering from novel coronavirus, who was taking medical treatment, has passed away on 18th May night, May 17 at a private hospital in Mumbai. The national-award-winning writer, who was considered a pioneer of the children’s drama movement in Marathi was reportedly tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|