Daily GK Update 20 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Bhubaneswar Becomes 1st City To Get ISO Certification For FSSM Services
- Bhubaneswar Adding another feather to its cap, ‘Smart City’ Bhubaneswar became the first city in the country to receive the ISO 9001:2015 certification for effective Faecal Sludge & Septage Management (FSSM) services.
- As per the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation, the vision for Faecal Sludge and Septage Management in Bhubaneswar is: The City becomes totally sanitized, healthy and liveable and ensure sustenance of good sanitation habits with improved Onsite Sanitation Services together with faecal sludge and septage management to achieve optimum public health and maintain environment integrity with a special focus on the poor.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Global Bribery Risk Matrix, India ranks 77
- Global Bribery Risk Matrix was released by TRACE. India ranked 77 with a score of 45 in the global list.
- In 2019, India was at 78th position. In 2020, India has performed better than that of China, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal. Bhutan was the only neighbour that was ranked better than India. Bhutan secured 48th rank on the list.
- Denmark topped the list followed by Norway, Finland, Sweden and New Zealand. The bottom most ranks were occupied by North Korea, Turkmenistan, South Sudan, Venezuela, Eritrea.
- The score is calculated based on four parameters. They are Government and civil service transparency, business interactions with government, capacity for civil society oversight and anti bribery deterrents and enforcement.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
- Global economic freedom ranking 2020-105th
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- World risk index 2020: 89th
- Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index: 129th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
♦PM Modi and Bhutanese PM jointly launch RuPay card Phase 2
- India on 20th Nov launched RuPay card Phase-II that will allow Bhutanese cardholders to access the RuPay network in India. Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and Lotay Tshering jointly launched his phase just as they had launched Phase-I in August in 2019.
- The implementation of Phase-I of RuPay cards in Bhutan has enabled visitors from India to access ATMs and Point of Sale (PoS) terminals across Bhutan. Phase-II will now allow Bhutanese cardholders to access RuPay network in India.
Banking & Financial
♦Karnataka Bank launches CASA campaign
- Karnataka Bank launched CASA (current account, savings account) mobilisation campaign which will run from November 17 to March 4, 2021.The bank stated that it intends to mobilise over 4.10 lakh current and savings accounts with an accretion of 650 crores of business.
- Aims: With this campaign, the Bank aims to introduce its attractive and superior line of digitally powered savings and current account products to its prospective customers.
Note: About Karnataka Bank
- Headquarters: Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- MD & CEO: Mahabaleshwara M.S.
- Tagline: ‘Your Family Bank Across India’.
List of latest Campaign
- ‘Bohot Zaroori Hai’ Campaign: Bharti AXA General Insurance
- ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani’ Campaign: Niti Aayog
- ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ Campaign: Kotak Mahindra Bank
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’: PNB
- ‘RBI Kehta Hai’: RBI
- Mooh Band Rakho campaign: HDFC Bank
♦India-World Bank sign 120 million USD agreement to implement Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
- India and World Bank signed 120 million USD to modernise transport sector in the state of Meghalaya on November 19, 2020. The project aims to improve 300 km of strategic road segment through climate resilient and nature-based solutions.
- The project will help Meghalaya to emerge as the major connecting hub of trade with border countries such as Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2020
- $250 million-Tamil Nadu Housing Sector
- $500 million-To improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- Rs. 1,950 crore-W.Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation
- $400 million-Improve coastal resources in India
- $82 million– For Himachal Pradesh State Roads Transformation Project.
- $80 million-Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $88 Million-Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $400 Mn: support for rejuvenating Ganga
- Rs. 3cr.: for Goa to develop India’s first sand dune parks
♦India-New Development Bank sign 500 million USD agreement
- India and the New Development Bank signed an agreement of 500 million USD. Under the agreement, the New Development Bank is to lend the funds to implement Delhi- Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System project.
- The funds will be used to provide reliable, fast, safe and comfortable public transport system in the region.
- The daily passenger traffic along the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut corridor of the National Capital Region is 0.69 million. Of this around 63% use private vehicles. Due to traffic congestion the time taken to transit between Delhi and Meerut is about 3 to 4 hours. Also, the traffic congestion in the route is adding to the air pollution in NCR region. Thus, it is essential to implement the Rapid Transit System Project.
♦Booker Prize 2020: Douglas Stuart wins for debut novel Shuggie Bain
- The Booker Prize of the 2020 has been announced and the coveted honour has been bestowed on Douglas Stuart’s Shuggie Bain. In his debut work, Stuart presents a tightly-cut portrait of the working class during the 1980s in Glasgow.
- But at its heart, it is about a family struggling to survive and children loving damaged parents amidst all the struggle.
- About Booker Prize: The Booker Prize is a literary prize awarded annually for the best novel. The prize is awarded to novels written in English and published in Ireland or UK. The Booker Prize carries 50,000 pounds of cash money.
♦19th November: Women’s Entrepreneurship Day
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED) is observed on November 19 every year to empower, celebrate, and support women in business worldwide .
- first time the day was observed in 2014, The Fortune Magazin explained it was “a global movement to celebrate and support female founders and shed light on some of their challenges.
♦19th November: World Toilet Day 2020
- World Toilet Day observed on 19 November worldwide to raise awareness among people about the importance of sanitation in our lives in reducing diseases and creating healthier communities.
- In 2001, the World Toilet organisation established World Toilet Day and was declared an official UN day in 2013.
- Theme 2020: “Sustainable sanitation and climate change”
♦20th November: World Children’s Day
- World Children’s Day 2020 will be celebrated globally on November 20, 2020. It is an annual celebration about children which is observed every year on November 20.
- The aim of World Children’s day is to improve the welfare of children all over the world. The day also promotes and celebrates children’s rights. World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|