Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 23 February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Puducherry CM V. Narayanasamy resigns after losing confidence vote
- Puducherry Chief Minister V. Narayanasamy of Congress and his cabinet colleagues in the union territory resigned on February 22, 2021 after the government lost the confidence vote sought by him in the face of its depleted strength of 11 against opposition’s 14 in the 33-member Assembly.
Banking & Financial
♦GoI & AIIB sign agreement for $304 million to improve power transmission network in the Assam
- The Government of India and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed a loan agreement for a $304 million Assam Intra-State Transmission System Enhancement Project to improve reliability, capacity and security of the power transmission network in the State of Assam.
- The project aims to strengthen Assam’s electricity transmission system by constructing 10 transmission substations and laying transmission lines with the associated infrastructure; upgrading 15 existing substations, transmission lines and existing ground wire to optical power ground wire; and providing technical assistance to support project implementation.
List of Loan approved by AIIB, Recently
- $750 million -Help the government strengthen its battle agains Covid-19
- $500 million-COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project”
- $145 million-Improve irrigation services in West Bengal
- $500 Million: Improve the network capacity, service quality and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
♦State Bank of Sikkim under Reserve Bank of India’s regulatory purview
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has brought State Bank of Sikkim under its regulatory purview. The bank, established five years before Sikkim acceded to India in 1973, provides treasury operations for the state government. It only operates within Sikkim and is wholly-owned by the state government.
- The bank currently has 42 branch offices and operates three revenue counters for government works. The bank’s ownership structure will not change, but it will be regulated by the RBI on a par with other banks. It was not regulated by Reserve Bank of India unlike other banks until February 21, 2021.
- Why this bank was not regulated by RBI?- The state of Sikkim was made an associate state and then given the status of a state at a later stage. It was made a part of India following a referendum in the year 1973. Thus, this state enjoys a special status under article 371F. Following which, Banking Regulation Act 1949 and Companies Act does not extend to Sikkim.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦LIC launches new Bima Jyoti plan
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a non-linked, non-participating, individual savings plan called Bima Jyoti.
- The plan offers a combination of protections and savings. While it will provide life cover in case of unfortunate death of the policyholder, it also provides guaranteed lumpsump payment at maturity.
- The plan offers guaranteed addition at the rate of Rs 50 per 1,000 basic sum assured (or 5 per cent) at the end of each policy year. The minimum sum assured is Rs 1 lakh, with no upper limit. The plan term can be for 15-20 years, while premium paying term will be 5 years less than the plan term. The minimum entry age for Bima Jyoti is 90 days, while the maximum is 60 years.
Note: About LIC
- Chairperson: M R Kumar
- 4 MDs: TC Suseel Kumar, Vipin Anand, Mukesh Kumar Gupta, and Raj Kumar
- Founded: 1 September 1956
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦RBI ropes in Punjabi rapper for awareness campaign on cyber fraud
- As cyber frauds continue to increase, the Reserve Bank of India, has undertaken an unusual measure to spread awareness. The RBI has roped in Punjabi singer-rapper Viruss in its public awareness campaign. The campaign also includes Viruss’ popular 2017 Indie hit ‘Bam Bhole’ that was recreated for Akshay Kumar-Kiara Advani starrer Laxmii.
- RBI’s latest public directives on how one can and should protect themselves from cyber crimes and identity theft comes along with peppy rap music.
- The RBI has been running the campaign ‘RBI Kehta Hai’ on social media accounts since 2016 but has never been accompanied with peppy music.
Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2021
The Dadasaheb Phalke Award is India’s highest award in cinema. It is presented annually at the National Film Awards ceremony by the Directorate of Film Festivals, an organisation set up by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
The Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2021 honoured the best in Indian cinema and television recently. The ceremony, which took place in Mumbai, was aired live on 20 February on ZEE5. The chief guest at the event was Maharashtra Minister of Tourism and Environment Aditya Thackeray. Click Here Complete winner’s list………..
♦Sri Lanka’s Upul Tharanga announces retirement from international cricket
- Sri Lanka batsman Upul Tharanga, on Tuesday (February 23), called time on his international career of sixteen years at the age of 36.
- Tharanga last played an international match when he featured in the final ODI of Sri Lanka’s 2019 tour of South Africa, in Cape Town. He last played 31 Test matches,who made his international debut in 2005, also played 26 T20Is.
♦Karnataka to host Khelo India University Games 2021
- Karnataka will host the second Khelo India University Games (KIUG) later this year, state chief minister BS Yediyurappa and Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced on 20th Feb.
- The Games will be held in Bengaluru’s Jain University and other venues in the state, in partnership with the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Aims: KIUG is the largest University Games in the country and is aimed at tapping sporting talent, who can represent India in international events, including the Olympics.
Note: About KIUG
- First event: Bhubaneswar, Odisha, in 2020
- Headquarters: New Delhi
♦Adriatic Pearl Boxing Tournament in Montenegro: Indian women finish on top
- Babyrojisana Chanu (51kg) and Arundhati Choudhary (69kg) fetched two more gold medals as Indian women boxers ended with five overall for a top finish in the 30th Adriatic Pearl Tournament in Budva, Montenegro.
- Alfiya Pathan (+81kg), Vinka (60kg) and T Sanamacha Chanu (75kg) are the other Indian women boxers who secured gold medals earlier in this tournament. Indian women emerged as the top team with 10 medals (five gold, three silver and two bronze).
♦DRDO conducts 2 successful launches of VL-SRSAM developed for Indian Navy
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted two successful launches of Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). The launches were carried out on February 22, 2021 from a static vertical launcher from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Indigenously designed and developed by DRDO for Indian Navy, VL-SRSAM is meant for neutralizing various aerial threats at close ranges including sea-skimming targets.
♦Lt Gen B S Raju to be new Director General of Military Operations of Indian Army
- Lt Gen B S Raju, the General-Officer-Commanding of the Srinagar-based Chinar Corps, will be the new Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army.
- Lt Gen Raju, who has extensive experience in counter-terror operations, will succeed Lt Gen Paramjit Singh who has taken charge as Deputy Chief of the Army Staff (strategy).
Note: About Chief of Staff
- Chiefs of Army Staff: Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of the Navy Staff (India): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Chief of the Air Staff (India): Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
♦22 February – World Scout Day
- 22 February every year World Scout Day is celebrated and millions of Scouts from around the world gather at local, national, and international levels to celebrate the Founder’s Day.
- This day marks the birthday of Lord Baden-Powell, the pioneer of Scouting.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|