Daily GK Update 24th and 25th October 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM launched the “Kisan Suryoday Yojana” in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Kisan Suryoday Yojana in Gujarat on October 24, 2020. The primary aim of the scheme is to provide day time power supply for irrigation in the region.
- Benefit: The farmers will be provided with power supply between 5 AM and 9 PM, under the scheme. State Government of Gujarat has allocated Rs 3,500 crores for implementing the scheme. The funds will be utilised to install around 234 transmission lines of length 3490 kms by 2023. Each transmission line will carry power supply of 66 KW.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Sudan becomes third Arab State to normalise relations with Israel
- Sudan recognized the Israel on October 23, 2020. It has became the third country to recognize Israel after UAE and Bahrain. Background The United States (US) recently made Israel, UAE and Bahrain to sign as agreement. Under the US-led agreement, UAE and Bahrain agreed to recognise Israel as an independent state.
- Egypt was the first country to recognise Israel. After Egypt, Jordan recognised Israel by establishing peace deal with Israel.
- UAE signed a peace deal with Israel recently after 26 years becoming the third country to do so. Bahrain became the fourth country to sign a peace deal with Israel.
Note: About Sudan
- Capital: Khartoum
- Currency: Sudanese pound
♦Union Minister Jitendra Singh Addresses First Ministerial Meeting of G-20 Anti-Corruption Working Group
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh addressed the first ministerial meeting of G-20 anti-corruption working group on October 22, 2020. Saudi Arabia became the first country to host the first ever meeting.
- The G-20 countries had agreed on the Anti-Corruption plan for 2019-2021 at Buenos Aires in 2018. The G-20 members planned to look forward to develop targeted actions in promoting the international efforts to combat the corruption.
♦Saad al-Hariri named as Lebanon’s new prime minister
- Lebanon’s President Michel Aoun designated Sunni Muslim politician Saad al-Hariri as prime minister on 23rd October to form a new government to tackle the worst crisis since the country’s 1975-1990 civil war.
- Saad al-Hariri won the backing of a majority of parliamentarians in consultations with Aoun. He faces major challenges to navigate Lebanon’s power-sharing politics and agree a cabinet, which must then address a mounting list of woes: a banking crisis, currency crash, rising poverty and crippling state debts.
Note: About Lebanon
- Capital: Beirut
- Currency: Lebanese pound
♦India gets Chairmanship of ILO Governing body after a gap of 35 years
- “After 35 years, India assumed the Chairmanship of the Governing Body of ILO (International Labour Organisation). Labour Secretary Apurva Chandra has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the ILO for the period October 2020-June 2021.
- The Governing Body (GB) is the apex executive body of the ILO, which decides policies, programmes, agenda, budget, and elects the Director-General. At present, the ILO has 187 members.
Note: About International Labour Organisation
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 1919
♦Principality of Andorra becomes IMF’s 190th Member
- The Principality of Andorra joined the International Monetary Fund (IMF) On 16th October when Ambassador Elisenda Vives Balmaña signed the IMF’s Articles of Agreement at a ceremony in Washington D.C. Andorra had applied for membership to the IMF in January 2020.
- Andorra’s initial quota1 in the IMF is SDR 82.5million (about US$ 116.4 million). Following the signing ceremony, IMF Managing Director Kristalina Georgieva met with Ambassador Vives at IMF headquarters.
Note: About IMF
- Managing Director: Kristalina Georgieva
- Chief Economist: Gita Gopinath
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C. U.S
♦EU Environmental Ministers made 2050 Net Zero Emissions Target legally binding
- European Union (EU) Environment Ministers signed a deal in Luxembourg on October 23, 2020. The deal has made EU’s 2050 net-zero emissions target legally binding on the states.
- The EU has aimed at becoming climate-neutral by 2050 by bringing the net greenhouse gas emission to zero. This objective of the EU is the central portion of the European Green Deal. The aim also comply with the EU’s commitment to global climate action under the Paris Agreement.
Note: About EU
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
- Founded: 1 November 1993
♦24th October: United Nations Day
- October 24 is observed as United Nations Day since 1948. Since it was established in 1945, therefore, this year marks the 75th anniversary of UN Day.
- The United Nations was founded immediately after the end of World War II. It succeeded in the failed League of Nations with the aim of preventing further wars. It is an intergovernmental organisation whose primary role is to maintain world peace and security.
- Theme 2020: ‘The Future We Want, the UN We Need: Reaffirming our Collective Commitment to Multilateralism’.
♦24th October: World Polio Day
- The World Polio Day is celebrated annually on October 24, to raise awareness for polio vaccination and eradication of polio. World Polio Day provides an opportunity to highlight global efforts toward a polio-free world and honour the tireless contributions of those on the frontlines in the fight to eradicate polio from every corner of the globe.
- The Day was established by Rotary International to commemorate the birth of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against poliomyelitis.
- Theme 2020: “A win against polio is a win for global health.”
♦24th October: World Development Information Day
- The United Nations’ World Development Information Day is held on October 24 every year.
- The day aims to draw the attention of world public opinion to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them for overall growth and development.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|