Daily GK Update 24 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India, Israel to share know-how on building climate resilient infra
- India and Israel on 22nd Dec signed an agreement to cooperate in the fields of health and medicine, including sharing of expertise in building climate resilient infrastructure and support to ‘green healthcare’.
- The new pact replaces the previous one signed in September 2003. Further strengthening cooperation in the sector of water management. The new agreement includes sharing of expertise for facilitating climate resilient infrastructure, as well as providing support for development of “green healthcare”, i.e. climate resilient hospitals.
Note: About Isreal
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
♦Srinagar’s Amar Singh College conservation project recognised with UNESCO award
- The Srinagar-based Amar Singh College’s building, built nearly 80 years ago, is one of the seven conservation projects to be recognised with the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
- The Amar Singh College was recognised with the ‘Award of Merit’ in the 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.The restoration of the Amar Singh College brought back one of the most prominent institutional buildings in Kashmir to its former glory.
Note: About UNESCO
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
- Founded: 16 November 1945
♦Cabinet Allows 100% FDI In Direct To Home Broadcasting Services
- The Union Cabinet on 23RD Dec approved revised guidelines for Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcasting services, allowing 100 per cent foreign direct investment (FDI) as well as increasing the licence period to 20 years.
- Under the revised guidelines the licenses will be issued for a period of 20 years, compared to 10 years at the moment, and will be renewed for a 10-year period. The license fee has been revised from 10 per cent of gross revenue (GR) to 8 per cent of adjusted gross revenue (AGR), which will be calculated by deduction of GST from GR.
List of Some 100% FDI Department
- Core Investment Company – 100%
- Food Products Retail Trading – 100%
- Mining & Minerals separations of titanium bearing minerals and ores, Its value addition and integrated activities – 100%
- Print Media – 100%
- Railway Infrastructure-100%
- Renewable Energy-100%
- Roads & Highway-100%
Banking & Financial
♦India, World Bank sign $500-million pact for safe, green highways
- Green National Highways Corridor Project will support Road Transport and Highways Ministry 783 km of highways.
- The Centre and the World Bank on 23rd Dec signed a $500-million project to build safe and green national highway corridors in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Andhra Pradesh.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2020 (Recently)
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $88 Million-Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $400 Mn: support for rejuvenating Ganga
- $120 Million -Meghalaya Integrated Transport Project
♦Ind-Ra revises FY21 GDP contraction to 7.8%
- India Ratings on 24th Dec projected 7.8 per cent contraction for the economy for 2020-21 as compared to 11.8 per cent degrowth estimated earlier.
- it expects GDP to grow by 9.6 per cent in 2021-22.
♦December 24: National Consumer Rights Day
- Every year, the National Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on December 24 in India. The World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on March 15.
- The National Consumer Day is celebrated through out India to protect the interests of the consumers.
- Theme 2020: The Sustainable Consumer
Book & Author
♦Jairam Ramesh’s new book to uncover story of ‘The Light of Asia’ poem
- Former Union minister Jairam Ramesh’s new book will uncover and narrate the story of phenomenal poem. The Light of Asia that has shaped people’s thinking of the Buddha and his teachings.
- Will be published under Penguin’s ‘Viking’ imprint in May next year. The book endeavours to describe the life and time of Prince Gautama Siddhartha, who after attaining enlightenment became the Buddha. It presents his life, character, and philosophy, in a series of verses.
♦VP Venkaiah Naidu virtually released the book ‘Oh Mizoram’
- VP Venkaiah Naidu virtually released the book ‘Oh Mizoram’, written by Governor of Mizoram, Shri P S Sreedharan Pillai.
- Pillai is a lawyer, an orator, a prolific writer, a philanthropist, and a thinker.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|