Daily GK Update 25th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Kerala Governor Inaugurates India’s First Digital University
- Governor of Kerala, Arif Mohammed Khan has inaugurated India’s first Digital University named Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology. A Digital University has been set up in Kerala’s Technocity, Mangalapuram.
- Kerala University is established by upgrading the two-decade-old state government’s Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Kerala (IIITM-K).
Note: About Kerala
- Kerala CM: Pinarayi Vijayan.
- Kerala Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan.
♦PM to inaugurate Second Edition of Maritime India Summit
- The ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways informed that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the second edition of the Maritime India Summit (MIS) in the virtual mode on March 2, 2021.
- The Maritime India Summit is being organised with the objective of pushing India to the forefront of the Global Maritime Sector. Recently, the Mumbai Port Trust signed MoUs worth ₹7,400 crores. As a part of this summit, ₹20,000 crore worth MoUs will be signed.
- Opening session of the summit will mark the ministerial-level participation. The participants will be joining from Russia, Afghanistan, Iran, Uzbekistan, and Armenia.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Irakli Garibashvili as New Prime Minister of Georgia
- The Parliament of Georgia confirmed Irakli Garibashvili as Prime Minister along with a vote of confidence in the cabinet Garibashvili put forward.
- First on the agenda, Garibashvili will continue the essential work of the government to ably manage the pandemic and accelerate the focus on rebuilding the economy while continuing to strengthen Georgia’s security and democratic institutions. Garibashvili pledged to create a long-term development strategy for Georgia in his first one hundred days in office.
Note: About Georgia
- Capital: Tbilisi
- Currency: Georgian lari
Banking & Financial
♦India’s GDP 13.7% growth in FY’22, contract 7% this fiscal: Moody’s
- The Indian economy is expected to clock a growth of 13.7% in FY’22, registering a strong rebound from a 7% contraction this fiscal, on the back of normalisation of activity and growing confidence in the market with the rollout of COVID-19 vaccine, Moody’s Investors Service said on February 25.
- Moody’s had in November last year projected Indian economy to contract 10.6% in the current fiscal and return to growth of 10.8% in 2021-22 fiscal.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)7.3%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)7.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)8%
- UNCTAD– 5.9%
- IMF- (-)8%
♦China Surpasses US to become India’s top trade partner in 2020
- China has regained its position as the top trading partner of India in 2020, which was held by the United States, since 2018-19. The two-way trade between India and China stood at $77.7 billion in 2020 despite the conflict along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and the rising anti-China sentiment.
- The India-US bilateral trade stood at $75.9 billion, according to provisional data from the commerce ministry. Meanwhile, the UAE continues to remain India’s third-biggest trading partner.
♦ICICI Bank launches ‘Namma Chennai Smart Card’
- ICICI Bank has announced the launch of a Common Payment Card System (CPCS) in partnership with the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) and Chennai Smart City Limited (CSCL) to provide citizens with a one-stop solution for making various kind of payments.
- The prepaid card also facilitates retail payments within Chennai as well as in retail stores and e-commerce websites across the country. This will offer a common payment card platform to residents for making payments for various services within the city.
♦Biden admn names Anjali Bharadwaj for anti-corruption award
- Anjali Bharadwaj, an Indian social activist working on issues of transparency and accountability, is one of the 12 “courageous” individuals named by the Biden administration for the newly-instituted International Anti-Corruption Champions Award.
- The 48-year-old Bhardwaj has served as an active member of the Right to Information Movement in India for over two decades.
- She is the founder of the Satark Nagrik Sangathan (SNS), a citizens’ group which promotes transparency and accountability in government and encourage the active participation of citizens.
♦Indian-American scientist Swati Mohan leads NASA’s Mars 2020 mission
- Indian-American scientist, Swati Mohan, who led the guidance, navigation, and control operations of the Mars 2020 mission. Ms. Mohan also confirmed that the rover had survived a particularly tricky plunge through the Martian atmosphere.
- Over the course of her career with NASA, Ms. Mohan has worked on the Cassini mission to Saturn and GRAIL — a pair of formation flown spacecraft to the Moon, and has been a mainstay with the Mars 2020 mission since its beginning in 2013.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|