Daily GK Update 25th Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Indian Railways’ longest freight train ‘Vasuki’ sets a new record
- The South-East Central Railways (SECR) zone in Chhattisgarh breaks its own previous record by successfully operating the longest ever freight train by amalgamating five rakes of goods trains as one unit of around 3.5 km.
- Named as ‘Vasuki’, it covered the distance of 224 km between the railway stations of Bhilai and Korba and took about seven hours.
Note: About Indian Railway
- Founded: 16 April 1853, India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Indian Railway Board’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Suneet Sharma
♦WIPRO group gears up to act as knowledge partner of Madhya Pradesh govt.
- WIPRO group is all set to act as knowledge partner of Madhya Pradesh. WIPRO informed that the company has taken initiative for establishment of a university in the State. For this purpose, the State Government will extend all possible support to the Foundation.
- The Wipro Group will also set up a Software Development Centre in Bhopal. Azim Premji Foundation has been allotted 50 acres of land for the proposed university in Bhopal. Its First Phase will start soon. The goal is to start the university in the next 18 months.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Note: About WIPRO
- Founded: 29 December 1945
- Owner: Azim Premji
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
♦UP Government launches ‘Udyam Sarathi App’ for Youths
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister, Yogi Adityanath has launched the ‘Udyam Sarathi App’ on the occasion of the 71st Foundation Day of the state, on 24 January 2021. The app will enable the youths to get every information related to self-employment and the job industry, across the state.
- The Uttar Pradesh Day celebration will run from 24 January to 26 January 2021. The theme of Uttar Pradesh Day 2021 is ‘Respect for self-reliant Uttar Pradesh, women young farmers, development of all’.
Note: About UP
- Founded: 24 January 1950
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Population: 20.42 crores
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
Banking & Financial
♦HDFC to sell 24.48% share in Good Host for Rs 232.81 cr
- Mortgage lender HDFC Ltd has signed an agreement to sell its 24.48per cent stake in Good Host, a company engaged in the business of managing student housing facilities, for Rs 232.81 crore.
- “The corporation has today entered into a share purchase agreement for sale of 47,75,241 equity shares of Re 1 each, representing 24.48 per cent of the issued and paid-up share capital of Good Host,”Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd (HDFC).
Note: About HDFC
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Founded: August 1994
♦President approves conferment of Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards-2020
- President Ram Nath Kovind has approved the conferment of Jeevan Raksha Padak Series of Awards – 2020 on 40 persons which includes Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak to 01, Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak to 08 and Jeevan Raksha Padak to 31 persons. One award is posthumous. READ Full Details………..
♦Indian Navy conducts joint exercise with Army and Air Force
- A large-scale tri-service joint amphibious exercise AMPHEX – 21 was conducted in Andaman & Nicobar group of islands from 21 – 25 Jan 2021.
- The exercise involved participation of Naval ships, amphibious troops of the Army and different types of aircraft from the Air force. The exercise was aimed at validating India’s capabilities to safeguard the territorial integrity of it’s island territories.
- It also sought to enhance operational synergy and joint warfighting capabilities amongst the three Services. Ex KAVACH for defence of Andaman & Nicobar Islands formed a part of AMPHEX – 21.
List of military domestic exercises
- Gandiv Vijay
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Sudarshan Chakra Vahini exercise
- ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
♦Thailand Open badminton: Carolina Marin, Viktor Axelsen win singles titles
- Spain’s Carolina Marin beat Tai Tzu-ying (Chinese Taipei) 21-19, 21-17 in the final to win the women’s singles title at Thailand Open badminton on January 17, 2021.
- Viktor Axelsen (Denmark) won men’s singles title by beating Hans-Kristian Solberg Vittinghus (Denmark) in the final 21-11, 21-7.
♦24th January: International Day of Education
- Every year, January 24 is celebrated as International Day of Education. Education is a basic fundamental right of every person, but there are still many struggles for the children out there to get the basic education.
- On January 24, the United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution proclaiming this day as International Day of Education on December 3, 2018, in celebration of the role of education for peace and development.
- Theme 2021: “Recover and Revitalize Education for the COVID-19 Generation.”
♦25th January: National Voters Day
- The 11th National Voters Day is being celebrated by the Election Commission. The day is celebrated on January 25 every year since 2011.
- The purpose of the National Voters’ Day is to encourage, facilitate and maximise the enrolment of new voters and bring them in the democratic system.
- Theme 2021:‘Making Our Voters Empowered, Vigilant, Safe and Informed’.
♦25 January- National Tourism Day
- Every year on 25 January National Tourism Day is celebrated in India to raise awareness and educate people about the importance of tourism and the role it plays in the Indian economy.
- Theme 2021: ‘Dekho Apna Desh’.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|