The Hindu Review Daily Gk Update : 25th March 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for IBPS, SBI, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
The hindu review provide you daily gk update current affairs for all Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.. Check daily The hindu review from The Hindu paper.
♦ Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh takes over as Western Fleet Commander
- At an impressive ceremonial parade held on 22 Mar 19 at Naval dockyard, Mumbai, Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh, NM took over charge of Western Fleet, the ‘Sword Arm’ of the Indian Navy, from Rear Admiral MA Hampiholi, AVSM, NM.
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Jasjit Singh was commissioned into the Indian navy in 1986 and is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla. A specialist in Navigation and Direction, he has held a range of command, training and staff appointments during his career.
- His sea command appointments include that of the ASW and UAV-control Frigate Taragiri, where he was awarded the Nao Sena Medal, and the multi-role Frigate Trishul. His other important appointments include Officer-in-Charge Local Workup Team (West), Indian Naval Attache at Iran, Joint Director of Personnel, Principal Director of Naval Operation and Principal Director of Strategy, Concepts and Transformation at IHQ MoD (N). On promotion to Flag rank, he served as Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Communication Space and Network Centric Operation) and Flag Officer Sea Training.
♦ India’s Forex reserves up $3.60 bn to over $405.63 bn
- India’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves increased by $3.60 billion during the week ended March 15, official data showed on Friday.
- According to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) weekly statistical supplement, the overall forex reserves rose to $405.63 billion from $402.03 billion reported for the week ended March 8.
- India’s forex reserves comprise Foreign Currency Assets (FCAs), gold reserves, Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) and India’s reserve position with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
♦ Filmfare Awards 2019
- Best Film: Raazi
- Critics Best Film: Andhadhun
- Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male): Ranbir Kapoor for Sanju
- Critics Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male): Ayushmann Khurrana for Andhadhun
- Critics Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male): Ranveer Singh for Padmaavat
- Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female): Alia Bhatt for Raazi
- Critics Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female): Neena Gupta for Badhaai Ho
- Best Director: Meghna Gulzar for Raazi
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Gajraj Rao for Badhaai Ho
♦ NITI Aayog to organise FinTech Conclave 2019
- NITI Aayog is organising a day-long FinTech Conclave at Dr. Ambedkar International Center, New Delhi tomorrow on 25th March, 2019. The objective is to shape India’s continued ascendancy in FinTech, build the narrative for future strategy and policy efforts, and to deliberate steps for comprehensive financial inclusion, The Conclave will be featuring representatives from across the financial space – central ministries, regulators, bankers, startups, service providers and entrepreneurs.
- The Conclave will be inaugurated by Governor, RBI and will be attended by senior government officials, including Secretary (Department of Economic Affairs), Secretary (Department of Financial Services), Chairman (SEBI), Secretary (MeitY), Secretary (Department of Revenue), Secretary (MSME), Deputy Governors of RBI, among others.
- Conclave will host more than 300 representatives from the leading Financial Institutions including HDFC Bank, IndusInd, ICICI Bank, SBI Card, Tata Capital and FinTechs including BankBazaar, PhonePe, Capital Float, Zerodha, PayTM, MobiKwik, PayU, leading venture capital investors, state governments, MSMEs and industry subject matter experts.
♦ Karnataka govt lifts ban on Ola Cabs
- The Karnataka government on Sunday allowed cab aggregator Ola to resume its service which was suspended two days back for running bike taxis without permission.
- “Ola cabs will run their business as usual from today. However there is an urgent need for policies to catch-up with new technologies & also industries too should work closer with govt to help evolve policies for innovations,” Karnataka Social Welfare Minister Priyank Kharge said in a tweet.
- Matrix Partners India, an investor in Ola Cabs, appreciated quick resolution of the issue.
- “This speed of resolution is much appreciated and augurs well for the new India! Great to see younger ministers shedding the ways of the older ones and promoting speed and innovation,” Matrix Partners India Founder and Managing Director Avnish Bajaj said.
♦ FIFA fines and bans former Ecuadorean FA head Luis Chiriboga for life
- World soccer body FIFA fined former Ecuadorian Football Association president Luis Chiriboga a million Swiss francs ($1.01 million) and banned him from football for life on Thursday after finding him guilty of taking bribes.
- Chiriboga, a former member of the CONMEBOL Executive Committee and a former FIFA standing committee member, was handed a 10-year jail sentence in Ecuador in 2016 for corruption.
- The 72-year-old ran his country’s soccer federation for 18 years but was put under house arrest in late 2015.
- He was one of about 40 soccer bosses, mainly Latin Americans, implicated in U.S.-led investigations that rocked the world soccer body. FIFA has since, under the leadership of president Gianni Infantino, stepped up its effort to root out corruption and unethical conduct.
You can also Read this:
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More The Hindu Review Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
ambitiousbaba.com need your support to Grow
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|