Table of Contents
Daily GK Update 26th Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦26th January: 72nd Republic Day
- India is celebrating its 72nd Republic Day on January 26, following COVID-19 safety rules. Republic Day is a national holiday in India. It honours the date on which the Constitution of India came into effect on 26 January 1950 replacing the Government of India Act (1935) as the governing document of India and thus, turning the nation into a newly formed republic.
- The Constitution was adopted by the Indian Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949 and came into effect on 26 January 1950 with a democratic government system, completing the country’s transition towards becoming an independent republic. READ MORE……..
♦Himachal Pradesh celebrates 50th Statehood day on Jan 25
- Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 50th Statehood day on January 25, 2021. It was on this day, the year 1971 when the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi addressed people at the historic Ridge Maidan of the Shimla, the Summer capital of Himachal.
♦Nitin Gadkari approves levy of “Green Tax” for older, polluting vehicles
- The government has proposed to levy a “green tax” on old polluting vehicles, in a bid to control the rising levels of pollution in the country. Union minister for road transport and highways Nitin Gadkari has approved the proposal, a government statement said on January 25, 2021.
- According to the proposal, transport vehicles older than eight years could be charged Green Tax at the time of renewal of fitness certificate, at the rate of 10 to 25 % of road tax, while personal vehicles to be charged Green Tax at the time of renewal of registration certification after 15 years.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Estonia: Reform Party’s Kaja Kallas to become first woman PM
- Estonia’s two biggest political parties have signed a deal to form a new government that will be led by a female prime minister for the first time in the Baltic country’s history. The new government will be replacing the previous Cabinet that collapsed into a corruption scandal.
- The party councils of the opposition Reform Party and the ruling Center Party are expected to vote in favour of joining a Cabinet headed by Reform Party’s prime minister-designate and chairwoman Kaja Kallas.
Note: About Estonia
- Capital: Tallinn
- Currency: Euro
Banking & Financial
♦FDI in India rose 13% to $57 billion in 2020: UNCTAD
- Foreign Direct Investment into India rose by 13 per cent in 2020, boosted by interest in the digital sector, and while fund flows “declined most strongly” in major economies such as the UK, the US and Russia due to the COVID-19 pandemic, India and China bucked the trend according to UN.
- An ‘investment trends monitor’ issued by UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development) on January 24, 2021 showed that FDI in India rose 13% to $57 billion in 2020. Global FDI collapsed in 2020 by 42% to an estimated USD 859 billion from USD 1.5 trillion in 2019.
♦India’s GDP estimated to contract by 9.6% in FY21, grow at 7.3% in FY22: UN
- India’s economy is projected to grow at 7.3 per cent in 2021, even as it is estimated to contract by 9.6 per cent in 2020 as lockdowns and other efforts to control the COVID-19 pandemic slashed domestic consumption according to UN.
- The global economy shrank by 4.3 per cent last year, over two-and-a-half times more than during the global financial crisis of 2009. The modest recovery of 4.7 per cent expected in 2021.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-5.4%
- Brickwork Ratings-11%
- Nomura –13.5%
- BofA Securities-9%
♦India’s GDP to contract 8% FY21: FICCI
- India’s gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to contract by 8 per cent in 2020-21, according to the latest round of FICCI’s Economic Outlook Survey. The annual median growth forecast by the industry body is based on responses from leading economists representing industry, banking and financial services sector.
- The survey was conducted in January.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)7.3%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)7.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)8%
- UNCTAD– 5.9%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- OECD- (-)9.9%
- RBI- (-)7.5%
- SBI– (-)7.4%
♦President approves conferment of 455 Gallantry & other Defence Decorations
- The President has approved awards of 455 Gallantry and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others on the eve of 72nd Republic Day celebrations. These include one Mahavir Chakra, 05 Kirti Chakras, 05 Vir Chakras, 07 Shaurya Chakras. READ Full List……..
♦Padma Awards 2021
- This year the President has approved conferment of 119 Padma Awards 2021. The list comprises 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri Awards.
- 29 of the awardees are women and the list also includes 10 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI, 16 Posthumous awardees and one transgender awardee. READ Full list………..
♦India successfully tests Akash-NG missile
- India on 25th Jan announced that it successfully test-fired the Akash-NG (new generation) surface-to-air missile for the first time off the Odisha coast.
- Akash-NG missile has been designed to strike low radar cross-section aerial targets. It weighs only half of the existing Akash missile and requires fewer ground systems. The existing Akash missile has a range of 25 km, while the upgraded variant (NG) can strike targets at a distance of 30 km.
Launch Missile with range by DRDO IN NEWS 2020
- “Prithvi II”-350 Km
- “K-4 nuclear”-3500Km
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|