Daily GK Update 26th March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Current Affairs 26th March: Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
Central Scrutiny Centre and IEPFA’s Mobile App Launched
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, has launched Central Scrutiny Centre (CSC) and Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) Mobile App. These tech-enabled initiatives were developed by Ministry of Corporate Affairs to strengthen vision of “Digitally Empowered India”.
- These two initiatives will help in creating a new corporate and investor friendly ecosystem. The ministry of corporate affairs will bring in more tech-enabled services to attain ease of doing business and ease of living for people.
- IEPFA Mobile App: This Mobile App was launched with the aim of achieving goal of financial literacy and spreading awareness, education & protection among investors in rural as well as urban areas. The app will push for Ease of Living. It has been developed for citizen engagement and information dissemination in order to promote awareness among investors. The app comprises of facility to track status and progress of IEPF claim refund process. It also provides a mechanism for investors and common citizens in order to report on suspected fraudulent schemes.
Indo-Korean Bilateral Friendship Park inaugurated in Delhi Cantt
- Indian Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh and South Korean Defence Minister, Suh Wook have inaugurated “Indo-Korean Bilateral Friendship Park” in Delhi Cantt on March 26, 2021. Friendship Park has been built to commemorate contribution of Indian peacekeepers in the Korean War from 1950 to 1953.
- India-South Korea relations have strengthened in recent years with the convergence of Act East Policy (AEP) of India and New Southern Policy (NSP) of South Korea. Bilateral ties have frown multi-dimensional in the fields of Maritime security, nuclear disarmament, regional economic cooperation, counterterrorism and energy cooperation.
Banking & Financial
Govt to sell 15% stake in Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd via OFS
- The government on 24th March said it will dilute 15 per cent stake in Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd via an offer for sale to raise nearly Rs 750 crore. Govt. would divest 10% equity with a 5% Green Shoe option.
- About RVNL: RVNL was incorporated as a 100 per cent owned PSU of the Ministry of Railways on January 2003 with the objectives of raising extra-budgetary resources and implementation of projects relating to creation and augmentation of capacity of rail infrastructure on fast track basis.
Tata Motors signs MOU with SBI for financing light commercial vehicles
- Tata Motors on 26th March it has signed a three-year MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with the State Bank of India, to offer financial assistance for the purchase of the company’s range of small and light commercial vehicles.
- The collaboration with State Bank of India (SBI) will allow Tata Motors’ commercial vehicle (CV) customers to avail of loans in a hassle-free manner as well as access SBI’s unique technology-laden offerings.
♦Anish Shah to take over as M&M’s Managing Director, CEO
- Anish Shah who is set to take over as the managing director and CEO of Mahindra and Mahindra from 2 April will become the first professional executive to oversee the entire business of the $19.4 billion Mahindra Group.
- Group chairman Anand Mahindra will be taking on a non-executive role. The markets regulator Sebi has mandated that from April 2022 the chairperson of the board of top 500 listed entities must be a non-executive director and not be related to the MD or CEO.
Sanjeev Kumar appointed as Chairman of Airports Authority of India
- IAS Sanjeev Kumar has appointed as Chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Kumar is a 1993-batch IAS officer of Maharashtra cadre. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved his appointment.
Note: Airports Authority of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Founded: 1 April 1995.
Atish Chandra appointed as CMD of Food Corporation of India
- Atish Chandra has been appointed as Chairman and Managing Director, Food Corporation of India in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
- Mr Chandra, a 1994 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre, is currently Joint Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare.
Note About: Food Corporation of India
- Founded: 14 January 1965.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
Saurabh Garg appointed as new CEO of UIDAI
- Senior bureaucrat, Saurabh Garg has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle effected by the Centre.
- Mr Garg is at present serving in his cadre state Odisha. He is a 1991 batch IAS officer.
Note: List of Chairman/CEO of Important Organisation
- SIDBI- Mohammad Mustafa
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC- H.L Dattu
- ISRO- K.Sivan
Asha Bhosle to be honoured with ‘Maharashtra Bhushan’
- Legendary singer Asha Bhosle will be honoured with the prestigious Maharashtra Bhushan Award for the year 2020. A committee chaired by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray decided to select Ms Bhosle for the award for the year 2020.
- Ms Bhosle received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2000.
India, Madagascar Conduct 1st time Joint Navel Partrolling
- Indian Naval Ship INS Shardul made a port call at Antsiranana, Madagascar as part of First Training Squadron’s (1TS) Overseas Deployment from 21 – 24 Mar. Officer trainees of the 99th Integrated Officer Training Course are embarked onboard during the ship’s visit.
- INS Shardul and Malagasy Navy ship MNS Trozona carried out a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) on 24 Mar 21. The Joint exercise bears testimony to the growing bonds between the maritime forces of both the nations and aimed at common objectives of ensuring maritime security by India and Madagascar and interoperability between the two navies.
Note: About Madagascar
- Capital: Antananarivo
- President: Andry Rajoelina
- Currency: Malagasy ariary
25th March: International Day of Remembrance of Victims of Slavery
- The day was designed for annual international observance on March 25 by United Nations in the year 2007. The day honours and remembers those who suffered and died because of ‘transatlantic slave trade’. This has been called as worst violation of human rights in history.
- In the event of Transatlantic slave trade, more than 15 million men, women and children were the victims for over 400 years. The day also aims at raising the awareness regarding dangers of racism and prejudice today.
- Theme 2021: “Ending Slavery’s Legacy of Racism: A Global Imperative for Justice”
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|