Daily GK Update 2 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM to inaugurate VAIBHAV Summit on 2nd October
- The VAIBHAV Summit is a global virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian Researchers and Academicians, and is being organized from 2nd October to 31st October 2020.
- The aim of the summit is to bring Indian origin luminaries in academic institutes and R&D organizations across the world and resident counterparts on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanisms to strengthen academic and S&T base in India for global development.
- Over 1500 panelists from 40 countries, 200 leading Indian R&D and academic institutions will virtually deliberate in 18 different areas and 80 topics in more than 200 deliberation sessions. Concluding session is planned on 31st October 2020, on the occasion of Sardar Patel Jayanti.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India To Build 100-Bedded Cancer Hospital, Cricket Stadium In Maldives
- India will build a 100-bedded cancer hospital and a 22,000-seater cricket stadium in Maldives, under the USD 800 million Line of Credit (LoC) that was extended to the country last year.
- “A modern cricket stadium using the latest technology and a capacity to seat 22,000 spectators will also come up in Hulhumale under the USD 800 million LoC.
- In March 2019, the Exim Bank had extended a USD 800 million LoC to the Maldives for developmental projects in the island nation.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
- President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
♦Crown prince Sheikh Nawaf Al Ahmad Al Sabah becomes Kuwait’s new ruling emir
- Kuwait on 1st September swore in its new emir, Sheikh Nawaf al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, and prepared to receive the body of his half-brother, the late ruler Sheikh Sabah who died in the US at the age of 91.
- Sheikh Nawaf was sworn in at the National Assembly in Kuwait City. Sheikh Nawaf was visibly emotional as he addressed the National Assembly a day after the death of the emir, an acclaimed diplomat and mediator who ruled for 14 years.
Note: About Kuwait
- Capital: Kuwait City
- Currency: Kuwaiti dinar
Banking and Financial
♦NDB approves loans for Mumbai metro, Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- The New Development Bank (NDB) of the BRICS countries has approved US $241 million loan for Mumbai metro and US $500 million for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) project.\
- The two loans were approved by the NDB Board, the Shanghai-based bank set up by the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) announced.
Note: About NDB
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
- Founder: BRICS
- Founded: 15 July 2014
♦Sonu Sood receives SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by UNDP
- Actor Sonu Sood who is often dubbed as the “messiah of migrants” for his philanthropic work during coronavirus induced lockdown, has been conferred with the prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- The ‘Dabangg’ actor has received the award for selflessly extending a helping hand and sending lakhs of migrants, stranded students across geographies abroad, back to their homes.
- Besides that, he has also been providing free education and medical facilities to young children and has been creating free employment opportunities to the needy in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦DRDO successfully test fires Brahmos surface-to-surface cruise missile with Rang over 400KM
- DRDO Successfully Test Fires Extended Range BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile With Range Of Over 400 KM.
- India on 30 September successfully test-fired extended range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile which is capable of hitting targets situated over 400 kilometres away.
Note: About DRDO
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1958
- Chairman: Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
♦2nd October: Non-Violence Day & Gandhi Jayanti
- Gandhi Jayanti is a national holiday in India celebrated on 2nd October. This day is celebrated in the honor of the birthday of the Father of the nation, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, popularly known as Mahatma Gandhi or Bapuji.
- Internationally this day is celebrated as the International Day of Non-Violence as Gandhiji was the preacher of non-violence. He is a symbol of peace and truth. READ MORE……
♦2nd October: Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti
- Celebrated with Gandhi Jayanti, Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti commemorate the birth of the second prime minister of India. He was born on October 2, 1904, in Mughalsarai.
- Known as a mass leader who contributed to the freedom and independence of the country, his slogan Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan resonated with millions of Indians in 1962 when the country fought against China.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here