Table of Contents
Daily GK Update: 3 February 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi to preside over inaugural ceremony of DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall preside over the Inaugural Ceremony of the DefExpo 2020 at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, on the 5th February 2020. This is the 11th Edition of the Biennial Mega Defence Exhibition DefExpo; With over 1000 national and international Companies vying to present their wares at the expo, this is the largest DefExpo so far in India.
- The theme of the Expo is ‘India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub’.
- Aim: Bring the leading technologies in the defence sector under one roof and provide a myriad of opportunities for the government, private manufactures and startups.
Note: About UP
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Population: 20.42 crores (2012)
♦States/ UTs and Districts Awarded for Best Performance under PMMVY
- Union Minister of Women & Child Development and Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani gave away the Pradhan Mantri Matru VandanaYojana (PMMVY) awards to States, Union Territories and Districts for best performance at a function in New Delhi on 3rd
- In the category of best performance since inception of the Scheme to States/ UTs having population of more than 1 crore: The first position was awarded to the State of Madhya Pradesh, followed by Andhra Pradesh and Haryana was in the third position.
- In the same category, among States/ UTs having population of less than 1 crore: Dadra & Nagar Haveli is in the first position. Himachal stood second and Chandigarh is at the third position.
- District level awards for States/ UTs with population of more than 1 crore: The first position went to Indore in Madhya Pradesh. Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh is in second position and South Salmara Mankachar in Assam was third.
- Among the districts of States/ UTs having population of less than 1 crore: The first position went to Serchhip in Mizoram, second position toUnain Himachal Pradesh and Puducherry was in the third position.
♦India, Maldives sign 5 MoUs for establishing Addu Tourism zone
- India and Maldives on 2nd February signed 5 MoUs for establishing the Addu Tourism zone in five islands of Addu atoll at a cost of 2.49 million USD.
- The tourism zone is expected to generate local employment and enhance eco-tourism opportunities in Addu.
Note: About Maldives
- Capital: Malé
- Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa
International (Current Affairs)
♦The Maldives becomes 54th member of Commonwealth family
- The Maldives on its return to the Commonwealth as its 54th member. The Maldives had joined the Commonwealth in 1982 but withdrew its membership in 2016.
- The Commonwealth is a key grouping of countries, most of which are former territories of the British Empire.
♦Mohammed Allawi appointed new Iraq PM
- President Barham Salih’s appointment of Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi as prime minister-designate.
- The president’s move to end more than two months of political deadlock came after he issued an ultimatum to Iraq’s fractious parliament, warning that if they did not appoint a new prime minister he would do so himself.
Note: About Iraq
- Capital: Baghdad
- Currency: Iraqi dinar
- President: Barham Salih
Banking and Financial
♦Banks credit grows by 7.21%, deposits by 9.51%: RBI data
- Banks credit and deposits grew 7.21 per cent and 9.51 per cent to Rs 100.05 trillion and Rs 131.26 trillion, respectively, in the fortnight ended January 17, according to the latest Reserve Bank data.
- In the year-ago fortnight, banks advance stood at Rs 93.32 trillion while deposits at Rs 119.85 trillion.
- In the previous fortnight ended January 2, credit had grown by 7.57 per cent to Rs 100.44 trillion and deposits by 9.77 per cent to Rs 132.10 trillion.
- Non-food bank credit growth decelerated to 7 per cent in December 2019 from 12.8 per cent in December 2018.
♦Malik Elected Paralympic Committee of India President
- India’s lone women Paralympic medallist Deepa Malik was on 1st February elected unopposed as the new president of the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI).
- Deepa Malikwon silver in shot put F-53 event in the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.
♦Pramod Agrawal takes over as Coal India chairman
- Pramod Agrawal on 1st February assumed charge as the new chairman and managing director of Coal India Ltd.
- He took over after A K Jha retired as the CIL chairman on January 31.
Note: About Coal India
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- CEO: Anil Kumar Jha
♦Navy conducts coastal security exercise ‘Matla Abhiyaan’ in Kolkata
- The Indian Navy carried out a five-day coastal security exercise, ‘Matla Abhiyaan’, with personnel of two naval boats, holding interactions with all stakeholders along the riverine border with Bangladesh.
- The exercise, named after Matla River, aimed to interact with coastal communities to spread awareness on coastal security and understand the navigational complexities in the Sunderban deltaic waters.
♦NADA suspends Weightlifter Ramshad AR and Wrestler Ravinder Kumar for 2 and 4 years respectively
- The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) banned Indian weightlifter Ramshad AR for a period of 2 years after he was found guilty of violating the anti-doping rule.
- Indian wrestler Ravinder Kumar was banned for a 4-year period by NADA for failing the dope test.
♦Punjabi novelist Jaswant Singh Kanwal passed away
- Renowned Punjabi writer and Sahitya Academy Award recipient Jaswant Singh Kanwal passed away.
- For your information, let us tell you that in the year 1996, Sahitya Akademi gave him a fellowship on his book ‘Pakhi’, and two years later in 1998, he was given Sahitya Akademi Award on the novel Taushali di Hanso. Awarded Sahitya Shiromani Award by Punjab Government in 2007.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here