Daily GK Update : 31 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ Telangana tops country in sustainable growth goals: UN Development Programme
- Telangana has emerged as the best performing state in promoting inclusive and sustainable economic growth and decent work for all on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index 2019, according to United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India.
- The state has improved its performance over 2018 in eight out of 17 SDGs. In decent work and economic growth, India’s youngest state moved to 82 percent from 75 percent in the previous year.
Note: About Telangana
- Founded: 2 June 2014
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- Chief minister: K. Chandrashekar Rao
♦ Govt aims to achieve objective of Housing for All by 2022 under PMAY-G
- Union Government aims to achieve objective of Housing for All by 2022 under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Grameen.
- A total of over one crore 50 lakh rural houses have been completed in the last five years.
- Ministry of Finance said, the eligible beneficiaries will get one crore 95 lakh houses in the second phase of the scheme. Government has set a target of 60 lakh houses for the current financial year.
Note: List of Project Targets
- PM vision of $ 5 trillion Economy-2025
- To Eliminate TB- 2025
- Doubling Farmers income- 2022
- India to surpass china’s population- 2027
- Net zero carbon emitting in Indian railways-2030
♦ Nagoba Jatara festival celebrated in Telangana
Nagoba Jatara is a tribal festival held in Keslapur village, Inderavelly Mandal Adilabad district, Telangana, India. It is the second biggest tribal carnival and celebrated by Mesaram clan of Gond tribes for 10 days. Tribal people from Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Orissa and Madhya Pradesh belonging to the Mesram clan offer prayers at the festival.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ WHO declares China virus outbreak an international emergency
- World Health Organization has declared an international emergency over the novel coronavirus from China.
- It is a rarely used designation that could lead to improved international coordination in tackling the disease.
- WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that their greatest concern is the potential for the virus to spread to countries with weaker health systems. He declared the disease a public health emergency of international concern.
Note: There have been five global health emergencies since 2005,
- Swine flu in 2009
- Polio in 2014
- Ebola in 2014
- Zika in 2016
- Ebola in 2019
Banking and Financial
♦ Economic Survey pegs GDP growth at 6-6.5% in financial Year 2020-21
- The Economic Survey 2019-20 projects India’s economy to grow in the range of 6-6.5% in the next financial year (2020-21), while asking the government to use its strong mandate to deliver expeditiously on reforms.
- “On a net assessment of both the downside/upside risks, India’s GDP growth is expected to grow in the range of 6-6.5% in 2020-21.
Note: About India’s forecasting FY 2020
- RBI forecasted-5%
- Moody –9%
- ADB- 1%
- World Bank –5%
♦ National Statistical Office revises GDP growth rate for 2018-19 downwards to 6.1%
- The government on January 31 revised downwards the economic growth rate for 2018-19 to 6.1% from 6.8% estimated earlier, mainly due to deceleration in mining, manufacturing and farm sectors.
- “Real GDP or GDP at constant (2011-12) prices for the years 2018-19 and 2017-18 stand at ₹139.81 lakh crore and ₹131.75 lakh crore, respectively, showing growth of 6.1% during 2018-19 and 7.0% during 2017-18.
♦ Google Announces $1 Million Grant for Promoting News Literacy in India
- Google on 29th January announced a $1 million grant for global non-profit organisation Internews that will launch a new initiative to promote news literacy among the Indian public.
- The funding is part of Google.org’s broader, $10 million commitment to media literacy, in collaboration with the Google News Initiative (GNI).
- Internews will select a team of 250 journalists, fact-checkers, academics and NGO workers, who will be trained on a curriculum developed by global and Indian experts, adapted to local needs and available in seven Indian languages.
♦ Arvind Krishna elected IBM CEO, succeeding Virginia Rometty
- Indian-origin technology executive Arvind Krishna has been elected Chief Executive Officer of American IT giant IBM after a “world-class succession process”, succeeding Virginia Rometty.
- The IBM Board of Directors elected Mr. Krishna as company CEO and member of the Board of Directors effective April 6. Mr. Krishna (57), had joined IBM in 1990.
Note: List of CEO
- Google CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Microsoft CEO: Satya Nadella
- Mastercard CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
♦ Padma Shri awardee Rani Rampal 1st hockey player in world to win ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award
- Indian women’s team captain Rani Rampal on 30th January became the first-ever hockey player worldwide to win the prestigious ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award.
- The World Games announced the winner on 30th January after 20 days of polling by sports fans worldwide.
- Last year, India won the FIH Series Finals, and Rani was named Player of the Tournament. Under Rani’s leadership, the Indian women’s team qualified for just the third Olympic Games in its history.
♦ India-Bangladesh joint exercise ‘SAMPRITI-IX’ to be conducted in Meghalaya from Feb 3
- The ninth edition of joint military training exercise between India-Bangladesh — SAMPRITI-IX will be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya from February 3 to February 16.
- Aims: The training will culminate with a final validation exercise in which troops of both armies will jointly practice a Counter-Terrorist Operation in a controlled and simulated environment.
Note: List of Joint Exercise
- “Mainamati Maitree Exercise”- Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB)
- Al Nagah: India and Oman
- MITRASHAKTI –Indian and Sri Lanka
- ‘Varuna’ (Naval): India and France
- IMDEX: India- Singapore
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here