Daily GK Update 4 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Sikkim Celebrated Pang Lhabsol Festival
- Pang Lhabsol is one of the most historically and culturally significant festivals of the Sikkimese people, celebrated only in the state.
- It commemorates the consecration of Mount Khangchendzonga as the guardian deity of Sikkim, along with the communal peace and harmony in the state as it commemorates the blood oath between Bhutias and Lepchas.
Note: List of Important Sikkim Festival
- Saga Dawa
- Drupka Teshi
♦India to host Summit of SCO Council on November 30
- India will host a summit of the council of heads of government of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) on November 30 with a focus on contributing to the trade and economic agenda of the influential grouping.
- India has been focusing on expanding its cooperation with the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), an eight-nation regional grouping that represents around 42 per cent of the world’s population and 20 per cent of the global GDP.
Note: About SCO
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Founded: 15 June 2001
♦Cabinet approves Bill to include Kashmiri, Dogri, Hindi as official languages in J&K
- The Union Cabinet on 2nd September approved a bill under which Kashmiri, Dogri and Hindi, apart from the existing Urdu and English, will be the official languages in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Announcing the decision at a news briefing, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020.
International (Current affairs)
♦Pakistan request to designate four Indians as Terrorists rejected: UNSC
- The United Nations Security Council recently rejected Pakistan request to list four Indians as terrorists. Pakistan wanted to add four Indian nationals under ISIS and Al-Qaeda operations.
- The request was backed by France, USA, UK, Germany and Belgium. The UNSC rejected mainly due to lack of evidence.
♦China world’s largest navy: US Annual Defence report
- The US Department of Defense (DoD) has released its ‘2020 China Military Power Report’ showing that the People’s Republic of China (PRC) has the largest navy in the world, surpassing the US Navy. READ MORE……….
♦Saudi Arabia chairs G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting
- The G20 Foreign Ministers’ Extraordinary Meeting was convened by the current G20 Chair, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Prince Faisal Bin Farhan Al-Saud, chaired the meeting. Jaishankar represented India.
- “The discussions centred on strengthening international cooperation across borders in the wake of COVID-19 crisis. The Ministers also exchanged national experiences and lessons learned from the cross-border management measures taken in response to the COVID-19 pandemics.
♦Murali Ramakrishna’s appointment as MD and CEO of South Indian Bank
- Private sector lender South Indian Bank on 3rd Sepetember said the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has approved appointment of Murali Ramakrishnan as its MD and CEO with effect from October 1.
- Ramakrishnan had retired from ICICI Bank as Senior General Manager at Strategic Project Group on May 30, 2020, and joined the South Indian Bank as an advisor on July 1, 2020.
Note: About South Indian Bank
- Headquarters– Thrissur, Kerala
- Tagline– Experience Next Generation Banking
♦Krishnan appointed as MD & CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has given its approval for the appointment of S Krishnan as Managing Director and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
- He will replace S Harishankar, the current MD and CEO of Punjab & Sind Bank.
About Punjab & Sind Bank
- Headquarters– New Delhi, India
- Tagline– Where Service is a Way of Life
- List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB): Partha Pratim Sengupta
♦Coca-Cola names Sanket Ray as new country head; Krishnakumar appointed chairman
- The Coca-Cola Company on 3rd September named T. Krishnakumar, current president of the India and Southwest Asia business unit, chairman of Coca-Cola India
- The beverage major has named Sanket Ray, current chief operating officer for its Mainland China business, as president, India and Southwest Asia.
♦India-Russia sign agreement on manufacturing AK-203 rifles
- The Defence Minister is at Russia’s capital Moscow attending SCO meet. He arrived on September 2, 2020 and is on a three-day visit.
- The Defence Minister on the side lines of the SCO meet held talks with his Russian counter part Shoigu. During the meet, the leaders signed the AK-203 rifles deal. According to the deal, the rifles are to be produced in India under the Make in India initiative with Russia support.
♦Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan Wins World Open Online Chess Tournament
- Indian Grandmaster P Iniyan won the prestigious Annual World Open online chess tournament held recently, having practiced at night to get used to the American time zone.
- The Tamil Nadu player scored seven and half points out of a possible nine with six victories and three draws to finish on top, ahead of many higher rated Grandmasters
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account