Daily GK Update, 6 & 7 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Forbes highest-paid celebrities: Kylie Jenner tops, Akshay Kumar (Rank 52) only Indian on the list
- Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is the only Indian celebrity to feature on Forbes 2020 list of World’s 100 Highest-Paid celebrities. While the actor’s rank has witnessed a drop from last year, he is the only actor from Bollywood to feature in the Top 100 list. Forbes also revealed the actor’s earning and said that Akshay had an estimated $48.5 million earnings this year, compared to $65 million last year. From the 33rd spot, Akshay has dropped to 52nd spot.
- Forbes estimated that Kylie Jenner earned $590 million in the last 12 months, mostly from the sale of a 51% stake in her Kylie Cosmetics line to Coty in 2019.
Note: Forbes list 2020
- The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes 2020: Roger Federer (Top), Virat Kohli (66th spot, 26 Million)
- The World’s Highest-Paid Athletes (Female) 2020: Naomi Osaka (Japan)
♦Power Minister launches the ‘#iCommit’ initiative on World Environment Day
- Shri R. K. Singh, the Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, initiated the ‘#iCommit’ campaign, on the occasion of World Environment Day. The initiative is a clarion call to all stakeholders and individuals to continue moving towards energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainability to create a robust and resilient energy system in the future.
- Aim: “We envisage a transformation of the entire energy value chain in the country and have been working towards ensuring 24X7 energy access and security for all our citizens. The #iCommit initiative, especially in the backdrop of World Environment Day can bring together a diverse spectrum of government and private players to build a new energy future for India.”
♦Hyderabad airport receives ACI recognition for green practices
- GMR-led Hyderabad International Airport received the highest Platinum Recognition in the Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2020 in the 15-35 million passengers per annum (MPPA) category.
- Airports Council International (ACI) Asia-Pacific has announced the results of the region’s annual Green Airports Recognition 2020 for efficient water management practices.
- The recognition was the outcome of the submissions shared this year focussed on water management documenting approaches to waste-water treatment, water harvesting, recycling and reduction.
- About ACI: ACI’s Green Airports Recognition programme promotes best environmental practices to minimise the aviation sector’s impact on the environment and recognises ACI Asia-Pacific’s members for outstanding accomplishments in their environmental projects.
♦India loses 750 tigers in last eight years; MP report maximum casualties: Govt
- As many as 750 tigers have died in the country in the last eight years due to poaching and other causes, with Madhya Pradesh reporting the highest casualties at 173, according to an official data.
- Of these total tiger mortalities, 369 were due to natural causes, 168 due to poaching, 70 deaths are under scrutiny and 42 due to unnatural reasons, including accident or conflicts events. it provided data only for the eight years beginning 2012.
- Environment, Forest and Climate Change Minister Prakash Javadekar had in December 2019 said that tiger population in the country has increased by 750 in the last four years from 2,226 to 2,976 (Present Time).
♦Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot launches Raj Kaushal Portal and Online Shramik Employment Exchange
- The Labor and Employment Department Government of Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot has launched the Raj Kaushal Portal and online Shramik exchange on World Environment Day. Under this portal, employment is ensured to those migrant workers who are unemployed.
- So, Jobless candidates and workers must have to register the Raj Kaushal Yojana Portal online mode through official web portal www. rajkaushal. rajasthan. gov. in and also check the Online Shramik Employment Exchange.
Note: About Rajasthan
- Capital: Jaipur
- Governor: Kalraj Mishra
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
♦THE Asia University Ranking 2020: 8 Indian Institutes Make It To Top 100
- Time Higher Education (THE) has announced the THE Asia University Rankings 2020. 56 Indian institutes participated in the rankings this year out of which eight have made it to the top 100. Among the Indian institutes, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has emerged as the best with reserving its place at the 36th rank.
- IIT-Ropar (Rank 47), IIT-Indore (Rank 55), IIT-Kharagpur (Rank 59), IIT-Bombay (Rank 69), IIT-Roorkee (Rank 83), Institute of Chemical Technology (Rank 92), and IIT-Delhi (Rank 657).
- Top 3 Universities: Tsinghua University, China (Rank 1), Peking University, China (Rank 2), National University of Singapore, Singapore (Rank 3)
Banking and Financial
♦RBI sets up Payment Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) of Rs 500 crore to promote digital payments
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on 5th June said it was setting up a Payment Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) with a corpus of Rs 500 crore, with an aim to give a push to digital payments nationwide.
- The RBI has made an initial contribution of Rs 250 crore covering half the fund. The remaining will come from the card-issuing banks and card networks operating in the country.
♦India’s GDP may contract by 1.5% in FY21, says RBI survey
- A survey released by the Reserve Bank has showed that Indian economy may contract by 1.5 percent in FY21 though the next fiscal is expected to be much better.
- “Real gross domestic product (GDP) is likely to contract by 1.5 per cent in 2020-21 but is expected to revert to growth terrain next year, when it is likely to grow by 7.2 per cent,” said the Survey of Professional Forecasters (SPF) sponsored by the RBI.
- It added that real gross fixed capital formation (GFCF) is likely to register negative growth of 6.4 per cent in 2020-21 but is expected to grow by 5.6 per cent in 2021-22.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- India Ratings & Research-3.5%
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 1.2%
- IMF- 1.9%
- SBI– (-)6.8%
♦Forex reserves surge to all-time high of $493.48 billion
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves surged USD 3.43 billion to a fresh all-time high of USD 493.48 billion for the week ended May 29 on a handsome accretion of the core currency assets, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) said on 5th June.
- The reserves, which are counted as a key strength as the country faces the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, had risen by USD 3 billion to an all-time high of USD 490.044 billion in the previous week.
♦Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala to buy 1.85% stake in Reliance Jio platforms for Rs 9093.6 cr
- Abu Dhabi-based sovereign investor Mubadala Investment Company will buy 1.85 per cent stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 9,093.6 crore, RIL said on 5th June. With this investment, Jio Platforms has raised Rs 87,655.35 crore from leading global technology and growth investors, including Facebook, Silver Lake, Vista Equity Partners, General Atlantic, KKR and Mubadala.
♦Silver Lake to buy additional $600 million stake in India’s Reliance Jio Platforms
- The investment by Silver Lake was announced later in the day, and came exactly a month after it had bought a 1.15% stake early May for Rs 5,655.75 crore. The latest round takes the investment by Silver Lake and its coinvestors to Rs 10,202.55 crore for a 2.08% stake.
♦India appoints Brajendra Navnit as Ambassador to WTO
- India has appointed Brajendra Navnit, a 1999 IAS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre as its Ambassador to the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved his appointment for a period of three years from the date of assumption of charge.
Note: About WTO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Membership: 164 member states
- Head: Pascal Lamy
- Founded: 1 January 1995
♦Rohit Sharma Becomes IIFL Finance’s First-ever Brand Ambassador
- India opener and limited-over vice-captain Rohit Sharma has signed with IIFL Finance as its first-ever brand ambassador.
- IIFL Finance, one of Indias leading Non-Banking Finance Companies, with over Rs 36,000 crore of assets under management, endeavours to stand out for talking straight and being honest with its customers.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador– Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador– Sunil Chhetri
- Pepsi’s new brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’-Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu (by Prime Minister Narendra Modi)
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
♦Madurai salon owner’s daughter appointed UNADAP Goodwill Ambassador
- Thirteen-year-old M. Nethra daughter of C. Mohan an owner of salon in Madurai has been appointed as a ‘Goodwill Ambassador to the Poor’ for United Nations Association for Development And Peace (UNADAP).
- Announcing this UNADAP said Nethra will be given the opportunity to speak at the United Nations (UN) conferences in New York and in Geneva addressing Civil Society forums and conferences. “This position would give her an opportunity and responsibility to speak to world leaders, academics, politicians and civilians, encouraging them to reach out to the poorest of the poor.
- The Dixon Scholarship has awarded Nethra a scholarship amount of Rs 1,00,000.
♦June 7, World Food Safety Day
- The World Food Safety Day (WFSD) is celebrated on 7 June to draw attention and inspire action to help prevent, detect and manage food-borne risks, contributing to food security, human health, economic prosperity, agriculture, market access, tourism and sustainable development.
- The 73rd session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York in 2019 has adopted a resolution and declared this day for the first time.
- Theme 2020: “Food safety, everyone’s business”.
June Important Day
- 14 June– World Blood Donor Day
- 15 June– World Wind Day & World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- 17 June– World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought (International)
- 20 June– World Refugee Day (International)
♦6th June: Russian Language Day
- UN Russian Language Day coincides with the birthday of Aleksandr Pushkin on June 6, a Russian poet considered the father of modern Russian literature.
- Russian is a Slavic language, whose closest relatives are Ukrainian, Belarusian, and Rusyn (Ukraine and Slovenia). In the 19th century, what we now classify as modern Russian was known as “Great Russian.” Belarusian was called “White Russian,” and Ukrainian was “Little Russian.” Today over 170 million people speak Russian.
Note: Different Language day
- December 18: Arabic language day
- April 23: English language day
- April 20: Chinese language day
- March 20: French language day
- 10 January: World Hindi day
♦Former India footballer Ilayidath Hamsakkoya dies due to COVID-19 in Kerala
- Ilayidath Hamsakkoya, 61, a native of Parappanangadi died at the Government Medical College Hospital (GMCH), Manjeri, on 6th June. He was a former Santhosh Trophy player.
♦Actor Chirranjeevi Sarja passes away at 39
- Kannada actor Chirranjeevi Sarja passed away on Sunday in Bengaluru following a heart attack. He was 39.
- Chirranjeevi Sarja is the brother of actor Dhruva Sarja and nephew of actor Arjun Sarja. Chirranjeevi was launched by Arjun who bankrolled the former’s debut movie Vayuputra, the remake of Tamil film Sandakozhi, in 2009. And in a career spanning about ten years, he acted in more than 20 movies.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here