Daily GK Update 7 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat inaugurates Suryadhar Lake
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has inaugurated the Suryadhar lake at Doiwala, Dehradun. The Suryadhar lake is 550 meters long, 28 meters wide and 10 meters deep with a capacity of 77,000 cubic meters.
- Fulfilling the drinking water and irrigational needs of 18-20 villages, the lake will recharge the water resources in the area and help build a healthy eco-system that will attract migratory birds.
Note: List of Some Important lake in Uttarakhand
- Skeleton Lake (Roopkund Lake)
- Bhimtal Lake
- Nainital Lake
- Sat Tal
♦PM Modi Virtually Inaugurates Construction of Agra Metro Project
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7th Dec inaugurated the construction of Phase-1 of the Agra Metro project via video conferencing. The Agra Metro project comprises two corridors with a total length of 29.4 km and will connect major tourist attractions like Taj Mahal and Agra Fort with railway stations and bus stands.
- The estimated cost of the construction of the project is Rs 8,379.62 crore and it will be completed in five years.
Banking & Financial
♦ADB approves $190 million loan for upgradation of Bengaluru power distribution system
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 190 million (over Rs 1,400 crore) loan for modernisation and upgradation of power distribution system in Karnataka’s capital city of Bengaluru.
- “ADB has approved a combined sovereign and non-sovereign loan of USD 190 million to modernize and upgrade the power distribution system in Bengaluru city in the state of Karnataka.
List of Loan approved by ADB 2020
- $177 million-To upgrade 450 kilometers (km) of state highways Maharashtra
- $346 million-Provide reliable power connection in rural areas of Maharashtra.
- $60 million-Aavas Financiers Ltd, to improve access to housing finance for lower-income borrowers, particularly women.
- $1 billion- loan for construction of Delhi-Meerut RRTS
- $100 million-Indian infrastructure sector through the government-promoted NIIF.
- $300 million– Develop Rajasthan’s towns
- $270 million– Madhya Pradesh Urban Services Improvement Project
- $50 million -Improve resource planning in West Bengal
♦RBI to introduce digital payment security control directions
- The RBI is to introduce digital payment security control directions for regulated entities to improve the security of digital payment channels and also to improve the consumer service. This announcement comes after the central bank temporarily barred the largest private bank, HDFC, from selling new credit cards or launching new digital banking initiatives due to service outages at the bank for over the past two years.
- About the Digital Payment Security Control Directions: The Directions propose the setting up of robust governance structure. It includes digital payments, implement common minimum standards of security controls such as mobile banking, internet, card payments. It will bring upon standards on channels such as mobile banking, internet and card payment.
Benefit: There will be no change in how customers use the online payment applications Currently, there are no security protocols and authentication methods added to the credit card, debit card or mobile wallet payments. Therefore, the Digital Payment Security Controls Direction will help boost the security in these areas.
♦Shantanu Narayen, Ajay Banga named among Fortune Businessperson of the Year 2020
- Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen (Rank 8th) and Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga (Rank 9th) have been named by Fortune among the Businessperson of the Year 2020, a list topped by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
- The Fortune 2020 Businessperson of the Year is Musk for a second time. The publication said in a year dominated by crisis and uncertainty, other leaders also stood out and “achieved the remarkable”.
♦FICCI elects Uday Shankar as president
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry has announced Uday Shankar as president-elect, for the year 2020-21.
- Shankar, president of the Walt Disney Company for Asia Pacific and the chairman of Star and Disney India, will succeed Sangita Reddy, joint managing director, Apollo Hospitals Group.
Note: List of Chairman of Important Organisation
- SIDBI- Mohammad Mustafa
- SEBI- Ajay Tyagi
- NABARD- Chintala Govinda Rajulu
- NHRC- H.L Dattu
- ISRO- K.Sivan
- UIDAI- Pankaj Kumar
♦Japan to host seven-team Club World Cup in 2021
- FIFA extended the smaller Club World Cup format for one more year after a 24-team revamp scheduled for China in June 2021 was delayed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Japan was chosen to host a traditional, seven-team Club World Cup in December 2021.
- FIFA wanted a December 2020 edition in Qatar to be the last with seven teams — six continental champions and the host nation’s domestic league winner. The format often attracts little interest and is routinely won by the European club.
Note: List of Football League
- Bayern Munich won 20th German Cup 2019-20
- Real Madrid’s 1st La Liga title 2019-20
- Bayern Munich won the UEFA Champions League 2019-20
♦Sergio Perez takes first F1 won at Sakhir Grand Prix
- Sergio Perez (Mercedes), who may be out of work next season, took advantage of his rivals’ misfortunes on 6th Dec to drive from last position to claim his first Formula One victory in a chaotic and crazy Sakhir Grand Prix.
- Sergio Perez became the first Mexican victor in F1 since Pedro Rodriguez in 1970, ending a series of races dominated by Mercedes for whom Valtteri Bottas finished eighth and George Russell ninth. List of F1 Race Winners 2020…………………
♦December 7: Armed Forces Flag Day
- The Armed Forces Flag Day has been observed in India since 7th December 1949. The day is dedicated towards collection of funds from the people. The collected fund will be used for the welfare of the armed personnel, ex-servicemen and also to rehabilitate battle causalities.
- The month of the December is to be celebrated as “Gaurav Maah”.
- In 1949, the Baldev Singh Committee established the Flag Day Fund. In 1993, the Defence Ministry of India consolidated the related welfare funds into Armed Forces Flag Day Fund.
♦7 December: International Civil Aviation Day
- The International Civil Aviation Day is celebrated every year on December 7 to recognize the importance of aviation to the social and economic development of the world.
- The purpose of International Civil Aviation Day is to help generate and reinforce worldwide awareness of the importance of international civil aviation to the social and economic development of States.
- Theme 2020: “Advancing Innovation for Global Aviation Development”.
♦Father of Fibre Optics Narinder Singh Kapany passes away
- Narinder Singh Kapany, also known as the father of fibre optics, passed away. The India-born American physicist was named as one of the seven “Unsung Heroes” by Fortune in their ‘Businessmen of the Century’ issue of November 1999.
- Kapany was the first to transmit images through fibre optics back in 1954 and laid the foundation for high-speed internet technology.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|