Daily GK Updates : 1 & 2 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
Current affairs (National)
♦ Bengaluru will host the 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress
- The 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) will focus on ‘science and technology: rural development’.
- The ISC to be held at the University of Agricultural Sciences-Bangalore (UAS-B) GKVK Campus from January 3 to 7, 2020 will also have other events — Women Science Congress, Children Science Congress and Science Communicators Meet.
- “For the first-time a session on ‘Farmer’s Science Congress’ will be held.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the conference which is expected to attract 15,000 delegates and visitors.
♦ Delhi metro’s Pragati Maidan station will be renamed as Supreme Court station
- The Delhi government’s naming committee on 1st January decided to rename Pragati Maidan metro station as Supreme Court metro station.
- Making the announcement, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said the committee in its meeting also decided to rename Mukarba Chowk and its flyover after Kargil war martyr Captain Vikram Batra and MB Road as Acharya Sri Mahapragya Marg.
♦ Indore ranked cleanest city for 4th time in a row in govt survey
- Indore city in Madhya Pradesh was ranked the cleanest city in India for the fourth time in a row. The rankings for the cleanest cities were announced on 1st January in the Central government’s cleanliness survey.
- Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh was ranked second in the first-quarter results (April to June), while Rajkot in Gujarat grabbed the second spot in second-quarter results (July-September).
- The third position was bagged by Surat in Gujarat in the first quarter and Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra in the second quarter.
- Jamshedpur in Jharkhand has bagged the first position in the category of city having a population less than 10 lakh.
- Over 10 lakh population in 1st quarter (April to June):
Rank 1- Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
Rank 2- Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
Rank 3- Surat (Gujarat)
- Over 10 lakh population in 2nd quarter (July to September):
Rank 1- Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
Rank 2- Rajkot (Gujarat)
Rank 3- Navi Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- With 1 lakh to 10 lakh population in 1st quarter (April to June):
Rank 1- Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
Rank 2- New Delhi
- With 1 lakh to 10 lakh population in 2nd quarter (July to September):
Rank 1- Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
Rank 2- Chandrapur (Maharashtra)
♦ Telangana Teen Malavath Poorna Scales Antarctica’s Highest Peak
- Malavath Poorna, who has won laurels for scaling Mount Everest thereby becoming the youngest girl in the world to achieve the feat, has added another feather to her cap by conquering Vinson Massif, the Antarctica continent’s highest mountain peak (4,987m).
- “It was a sense of accomplishment beyond words for Poorna as she conquered Mt. Vinson Massif, the Antarctica continent’s highest mountain peak,” the Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (TSWREIS).
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Umaro Cissoko Embalo wins Guinea-Bissau presidential election
- Guinea-Bissau opposition leader Umaro Cissoko Embalo, a former prime minister, won the presidential election with 53.55 percent of votes, the National Electoral Commission (CNE) announced on 2nd
- His rival Domingos Simoes Pereira, head of the country’s ruling PAIGC party, took 46.45 percent in Sunday’s runoff.
Note: About Guinea-Bissau
- Capital: Bissau
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Banking and Financial
♦ The Reserve Bank of India has launched ‘MANI’ (Mobile Aided Note Identifier)mobile app
- The Reserve Bank of India has launched ‘MANI’ (Mobile Aided Note Identifier)mobile app to help the visually challenged identify the denomination of currency notes.
- The application was launched by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das and other officials on January 1, 2020.
- The RBI mobile app will enable the visually disabled to identify the denomination of a currency note using the application. The MANI app will work offline as well after it is installed.
- The currency notes will be scanned using a mobile phone’s camera.
- The most interesting feature of the app is that it can also be used offline after installation.
- The audio output is available in both Hindi and English languages.
♦ Lakshmi Vilas Bank appoints S Sundar as interim MD and CEO
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) has appointed S Sundar, its chief financial officer, the interim managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) effective January 1, 2020. As part of this, he resigned from the post of CFO on Tuesday. He has also been appointed an additional director of the bank.
- In August 2019, the bank’s MD & CEO, Parthasarathi Mukherjee, resigned from the position and the post was lying vacant since then. Sundar holds a bachelor’s degree in commerce and is a chartered accountant. He started as a probationary officer with Andhra Bank and has more than 41 years of working experience in various banks including Andhra Bank, City Union Bank and LVB. He was serving as the CFO of the bank from April 27, 2018.
Note: Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Headquarters: Chennai
- Founded: 1926
- Tagline: The changing face of prosperity.
♦ VK Yadav to continue as Railway Board Chairman for one more year
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on 1st January approved the re-employment of V K Yadav as the Chairman of Railway Board for a period of one year.
- Yadav had taken over as Railway Board Chairman from Ashwani Lohani, who had retired from the post in December 2018.
- Yadav had earlier held the post of General Manager of South Central Railway (SCR).
♦ India to take part in 2022 Commonwealth Games
- The Indian Olympic Association withdrew its plan to boycott the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham over the exclusion of the shooting event while announcing that the country will bid to host either the 2026 or the 2030 edition of the Games. The country’s apex body for Olympic sports will next approach the government for the necessary clearances to host the multi-sport event. The country hosted the 2010 edition in Delhi. This was decided during the IOA’s Annual general Meeting in the national Capital.
- The IOA also approved the National Rifle Association of India’s (NRAI) proposal to host a separate Commonwealth shooting championship before the main Games in Birmingham, hoping to make up for the sport’s withdrawal from the roster of the 2022 edition.
- The IOA will soon forward NRAI’s proposal to the Commonwealth Games Federation for its approval, which will then go to CGF’s executive committee.
♦ U-19 World Cup hero Kalra suspended for 1 year from Ranji Trophy for “age-fraud”
- Young left-handed opener Manjot Kalra, who scored a hundred in the final of the last edition of U-19 World Cup, has been suspended by outgoing DDCA Ombudsman for one year from playing Ranji Trophy, for an alleged age-fraud during his U-16 and U-19 days.
- The outgoing Ombudsman Justice (Retired) Badr Durrez Ahmed passed an order (a copy of which is with PTI) on his final day, preventing Kalra from playing age-group cricket for two years but more importantly denying him a chance to play Ranji Trophy for this season.
♦ 1st January: Global Family day
- Global Family Day is observed every year on January 1. It is celebrated as a day of peace and sharing. Global Family Day, One Day of Peace and Sharing, is celebrated every January 1 in the United States as a global day of peace and sharing.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here