Current Affairs | Daily GK Updates : 10th April 2019
If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily GK Update 2019. All the important updates based on current affairs are included in this page. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs for LIC AAO, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways and State Exam.
Current Affairs (National)
♦ INS Shikra hosts Naval Investiture Ceremony
- The Naval Investiture Ceremony for 2019 was held at the naval helicopter base INS Shikra of Western Naval Command (WNC), Mumbai on 10 Apr 19.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba PVSM, AVSM, ADC, the Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), on behalf of the President of India, conferred Gallantry and non-Gallantry Awards announced on the Republic Day this year to meritorious personnel, as well as citations to Naval units which have distinguished themselves during the past year. The ceremony was witnessed by senior dignitaries of the Indian Navy and families of the awardees.
- A 50-men Guard of Honour was paraded during the ceremonial parade which was held as a part of the Investiture ceremony. The Guard of Honour was inspected by Admiral Sunil Lanba prior to reviewing the parade comprising 18 platoons of Naval personnel drawn from various ships and establishments of WNC.
♦ AIIMS-Delhi number 1, list of top medical colleges in India: NIRF Ranking 2019
- Second time in a row, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi has topped in the medical category in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF 2019). Last year, the NIRF ranking in medical, law and architecture was introduced and AIIMS-New Delhi clinched the first spot with 90.71 per cent.
- This year too, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER Chandigarh) and Christian Medical College, Vellore have retained their positions. However, the rankings of Kasturba Medical College and King George’s Medical University, who were number 4 and 5 last year, have gone down to number 7 and 10 this year, respectively.
♦ India becomes YouTube’s largest and fastest growing market
- In the last one year, the video-sharing website’s consumption on mobile phones has increased to 85%
- With substantial growth in India’s internet coverage and data growth, the country has become YouTube’s largest and fastest growing market with 265 million Indians watching the video-sharing website every month.
- Confirming the development, Susan Wojcicki, CEO, YouTube said, “India is now both our biggest audience and one of our fastest-growing audiences in the world. YouTube today has become the first stop for users to consume content, whether they are looking for entertainment or information. It is this incredible variety of content combined with the growing reach that makes YouTube a perfect platform for brands to drive personalised engagement.”
Current Affairs (International )
♦ Sri Lanka opens first phase of China-financed Southern Railway line
- Beliatta first phase of the Southern Railway project was officially opened by Minister of Transport & Civil Aviation Arjuna Ranatunga on April 8.
- The US$278m cost of Phase 1 was financed through a 20-year loan agreed by Export-Import Bank of China and the ministry in 2012. Construction was undertaken through a design and build contract, with China National Machinery Import & Export Corp as general contractor and design subcontracted to a consortium of Parsons Brinckerhoff and China Railway Fifth Survey & Design Institute. A groundbreaking ceremony was held in 2013.
- The 1 676 mm gauge single-track alignment is designed for diesel trains operating at speeds up to 120 km/h. There are seven passenger trains each way per day, serving major stations at Kakanadura, Bambarakanda, Wawurukannala and halts at Piladuwa and Weherahena.
♦ Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu wins record fifth term in office
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has won the Israeli national election, securing a record fifth term in office despite running neck in neck with his challenger Benny Gantz, the country’s three main television channels said on Wednesday.
- With 97 percent of the votes counted, neither of the candidates’ parties had captured a ruling majority, but Netanyahu was clearly in a strong position to form a coalition government with other right-wing factions that have backed him.
- The closely contested race was widely seen in Israel as a referendum on Netanyahu’s character and record in the face of corruption allegations. He faces possible indictment in three graft cases, and has denied wrongdoing in all of them.
Banking and Finance
♦ Hiring activity sees 12% growth in March led by IT industry
- Hiring activities registered 12 percent growth this March mainly led by the IT industry that clocked a 38 percent growth, says a report. The Naukri JobSpeak Index for March 2019, stood at 2,378, which is 12 percent higher in hiring activities from March 2018, at 2,129.
- The IT-industry has shown a continuous growth in the recruitment landscape over the past six months, recording a rise of 38 percent growth. Recruitment for functional areas like human resources and marketing observed a growth of 13 percent and 12 percent respectively.
- “The JobSpeak index continues with its positive growth in hiring with a 12 percent rise when compared to the same period last year. Our latest hiring outlook survey showed 89 percent recruiters from the IT industry stating that new jobs and replacement hiring will play a strong role in hiring. Hopefully the momentum will be sustained in the coming months,” InfoEdge India CMO Sumeet Singh said.
♦ Virat Kohli and Smriti Mandhana are Wisden’s Leading Cricketers in the World
- Indian captain Virat Kohli was named the ‘Leading Cricketer in the World’ for the third time in a row in this year’s edition of the Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, the publication said on Wednesday. Smriti Mandhana was the Leading Cricketer in the women’s game.
- Kohli, 30, was also named as one of Wisden’s five cricketers of the year along with England’s Jos Buttler and Sam Curran, County Championship-winning captain Rory Burns and Tammy Beaumont from the England women’s team.
♦ Celebrating World Homoeopathy Day on 10th April
- The World Homoeopathy Day is observed on 10th April, to commemorate the birth anniversary of the founder of Homoeopathy, Dr Christian Fredrich Samuel Hahnemann. A two-day Convention on World Homeopathy Day was inaugurated by Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH Dr Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha in New Delhi. Shri Nilanjal Sanyal, Chairman, Board of Governors, Central Council of Homoeopathy and Shri Tridandi Chinna Ramanuja Jeeyar Swamiji also graced the inaugural ceremony. Tributes were paid by Dr Gary Smyth, President, Faculty of Homeopathy, UK and Dr Alok Pareek, President, LMHI (International).
- Theme- Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”
- LIC AAO 2019 : Insurance Awareness and Financial Market E-Book (Bilingual) Hindi+English Download PDF
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
SBI PO 2019 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions
|Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book
|Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here