Table of Contents
Daily GK Updates : 10th January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦23rd National Youth Festival-2020 to be organized from 12th to 16th January in Lucknow
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and State Government of Uttar Pradesh are jointly organizing 23rd National Youth Festival (NYF) 2020 at Indira Pratishthan, Lucknow from 12th to 16th January, 2020.
- Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath and Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs & Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju will inaugurate the NYF 2020 on 12th January on the occasion of birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the great Youth icon.
Note: About Uttar Pradesh
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Population: 20.42 crores (2012)
♦South Asian Trade and Travel Exchange Expo 2020 held in New Delhi
- India’s leading B2B exhibition organizer, is all set to bring in the 27th edition of SATTE (South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange) from the 8th to 10th of January, 2020 at the India Expo Centre, Greater Noida, Delhi – NCR. This year, over 1,050 exhibitors and buyers and travel professionals from over 50 countries and 104 Indian cities, are set to visit the show.
- Purpose: The expo continues to provide a comprehensive platform to the professionals from all segments of travel, tourism and hospitality industry from across the globe. The show equally offer platforms to players of the inbound, domestic and outbound markets.
♦Chenab bridge: World’s highest rail bridge by Indian Railways to connect Kashmir to rest of India by 2021
- Kashmir to be connected by Indian Railways to the rest of India! By December 2021, Kashmir will be connected to the rest of the country through the Indian Railways network as the government has set a new deadline for completion of the world’s highest railway bridge – Chenab bridge. The Chenab railway bridge will be 35 metres taller than the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France! According to Konkan Railways.
- The bridge has been designed to withstand wind speeds of up to 260 kmph. The 1.315 km long “engineering marvel” will link Bakkal in Katra and Kauri in Srinagar.
♦AP CM Jagan Mohan Reddy launches Rs 6,318 cr ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme for indigent mothers
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy on 9th January launched his government’s launch programme ‘Amma Vodi’ scheme meant to support lakhs of poor and needy mothers to educate their children.
- Marking the launch, Reddy pressed a button on a laptop to credit an annual financial assistance to the tune of Rs 15,000 each into the accounts of around 43 lakh mothers for the benefit of 82 lakh children in the state.
Note: About Andhra Pradesh
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Literacy rate: 67.41% (2011)
Banking and Financial
♦HDFC Completes Acquisition Of Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Mortgage lending major HDFC on 9th January announce that it has completed the acquisition of 80 per cent share of Apollo Hospitals Group in Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company worth Rs 1,485.14 crore.
- According to HDFC, 0.36 per cent shareholding held by employees has been acquired for Rs 10.67 crore.
- “The acquisition was approved by the Competition Commission of India (CCI), the Reserve Bank of India and the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI)
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company Limited has been renamed as HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Limited (HDFC ERGO Health) and will operate as a subsidiary of HDFC Limited.”
♦India’s forex reserves surge $3.68 bn to touch record high of $461.16 bn
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves touched a record high of $461.157 billion, after it surged by $3.689 billion in the week to January 3, according to the RBI data.
- In the previous week, the reserves had risen by $2.52 billion to $454.948 billion.
♦Ladakh won 7th National Ice Hockey Championship Women trophy
- Ladakh on 5th January lifted the 7th National Ice Hockey Championship Women trophy. The match was held at the Karzoo Ice Hockey Rink here.
- The tournament was organised by the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI) in association with the Ladakh winter sports club. Four women teams representing Chandigarh, Delhi, Maharashtra, and Ladakh participated in the tournament.
- Playing in the final match, Ladakh won the tournament by scoring 2 goals against the lone goalscored by Delhi.
♦10th January: World Hindi Day 2020
- International Hindi Day is celebrated on January 10 every year. The main motto behind celebrating this day is to promote the Hindi language all around the world. The word Hindi originated from the Persian word Hind, meaning the land of Indus river. The language is spoken by about 43 crore people in the world.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here