Daily GK Updates : 11 & 12 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National News (Current Affairs)
♦150th celebration of Kolkata Port Trust
- On the 150th celebration of Kolkata Port Trust, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicated the Port Anthem at Netaji Indoor Stadium in Kolkata.
- Later the Prime Minister handed over a Cheque of Rs 501 Crore towards final instalment to meet the deficit of pension fund of retired and existing employees of the Kolkata Port Trust.
- He also felicitated two oldest pensioners of the Trust- 105 years old NaginaBhagat and 100 years old Naresh Chandra Chakraborty.
Banking and Financial
♦RBI releases national strategy for financial inclusion for 5-year period (2019-2024)
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under the aegis of Financial Inclusion Advisory Committee (FIAC) has set up a 5-year plan of formulation of National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (NSFI) for the period 2019-2024. This has been done keeping in view the global trend of financial inclusion which acts as a key driver of economic growth.
- The NSFI sets forth the vision and key objectives of the Financial Inclusion policies in India to expand the reach and sustain the efforts through a broad convergence of action involving all the stakeholders in the financial sector.
- NSFI enlists 6 visions:
- Universal Access to Financial Services
- Providing Basic Bouquet of Financial Services
- Access to Livelihood and Skill Development
- Financial Literacy and Education
- Customer Protection and Grievance Redressal
- Effective Co-ordination
- The document highlights the major issues that act as impediments to financial inclusion and comes up with a set of recommendations and action plans to support sustainable financial inclusion over the next 5 years.
♦PayU buys PaySense for $185 mn in India’s largest fintech acquisition deal
- In India’s largest fintech acquisition deal, digital payments gateway provider PayU has acquired a controlling stake in Nexus Venture Partners-backed fintech start-up PaySense at a valuation of $185 million.
- As part of the transaction, PayU will merge it with its credit business LazyPay to build a full-stack digital lending platform in the country.
- Naspers-backed PayU will also pump in $200 million in the new enterprise in the form of equity capital of which $65 million will be immediately invested, while the rest will be infused in the next two years.
♦India’s Rani Rampal nominated for ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award
- Rani Rampal, the captain of the Indian women’s hockey team, has been nominated for the ‘World Games Athlete of the Year’ award by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
- The FIH has recommended Rani’s name for her outstanding performances and her ability to lead by example, Hockey India.
♦India finishes 2019 as No. 1 shooting nation in world
- India finished the year as the top shooting nation in the world, leapfrogging Olympic heavyweights China and the USA.
- India leads the standings with 30 medals with 21 gold, six silver and three bronze overall, China is second with 11 gold, 15 silver and 18 bronze for a total of 44 podium finishes. The USA is placed third with 15 medals (six gold six silver and three bronze).
♦BCCI set to appoint Gautam Gambhir, Madan Lal as CAC members
- The BCCI is all set to appoint World Cup-winning former India players Madan Lal and Gautam Gambhir as members of the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) which will pick selection committees for the next four-year cycle starting 2020.
- The third member of the panel is likely to be Mumbai-based woman international Sulakshana Naik, who has played two Tests and 46 ODIs for the country.
Note: About BCCI
- President: Sourav Ganguly
- CEO: Rahul Johri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
♦12th January: National Youth Day
- National Youth Day is celebrated on 12 January being the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. In 1984 the Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day and since from 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- National Youth Day Theme 2020
- The theme for National Youth Day 2020 is the same as 2019 i.e. “Channelizing Youth Power for Nation Building”.
♦Sultan Qaboos of Oman, Arab world’s longest-serving ruler, passed away
- The longest serving ruler of Oman Sultan Qaboos bin Said passed away. He was a charismatic and visionary leader who transformed Oman into a modern and prosperous nation. He was ruling Oman since 1970.
Note: About Oman
- Capital of Oman: Muscat;
- Currency: Omani rial.
- Computer Capsule for IBPS Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|