Table of Contents
Daily GK Updates : 8 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦ The 31st International Kite Festival launched in Ahmedabad
- The 31st International Kite Festival was launched at the Sabarmati riverfront in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It was inaugurated by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- The festival will be conducted from 7-14 January in different parts of the state. The festival became an identity of Gujarat.
♦ Travel and Tourism Competitiveness index: India ranked 34th
- India has moved up six places to rank 34th on world travel and tourism competitiveness index, driven by rich natural and cultural resources and strong price competitiveness.
- India’s ranking improved from 40th to 34th, the greatest improvement over 2017 among the top 25 per cent of all countries ranked in the report.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Zoran Milanovic wins Croatia’s presidential election
- Zoran Milanovic, Croatia’s center-left former prime minister, has won the country’s presidential election, defeating center-right incumbent Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic in a second-round vote.
- Milanovic, of the Social Democrats (SDP), won 52.7% of the vote according to results released late Sunday, a larger margin than expected. Grabar-Kitarovic of the ruling Croatian Democratic Union (HDZ) won 47.3%.
Note: About Croatia
- Capital: Zagreb
- Currency: Croatian kuna
Banking and Financial
♦ SBI lowers GDP estimates for FY20 to 4.6% from 5%
- The research desk of State Bank of India has lowered its GDP growth forecast for FY20 to 4.6 per cent from the earlier 5 per cent. The latest SBI Ecowrap report even predicted growth rate to remain below 6 per cent for the two years in a row.
- The FY20 GDP estimate as released by the CSO pegs the GDP growth rate at 5 per cent (we had revised our GDP projection to 5 per cent in November 19), a 11-year-low.
♦ Two Indian banks to cease operations in Sri Lanka
- The Central Bank of Sri Lanka has permitted Indian private sector lenders Axis Bank and ICICI Bank to close their operations in the island nation.
- This follows requests by their parent banks. The licenses issued to them will be cancelled once the winding-up operations are complete.
- Central Bank of Sri Lanka said Two banks are no longer permitted to carry on banking operations, including accepting deposits from the public.
Note: About Sri Lanka
- Capitals: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
- President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Prime minister: Mahinda Rajapaksa
♦ Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur banned for four years for doping violation
- Weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur has been slapped with a four-year ban for doping by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- The sample of Sarbjeet, who won the 71kg event at the women’s national weightlifting championships in February 2018, was collected during 34th Women Senior National Weightlifting Championship held at Vishakhapatnam.
- “The Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel has found weightlifter Sarbjeet Kaur guilty of anti-doping rule violation. She has been imposed a penalty of ineligibility for a period of four years. Kaur was tested positive earlier following intake of the prohibited non-specified substance.
Book and Author
♦ Amit Shah releases a book ‘Karmayoddha Granth’ on the life of PM Narendra Modi
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah released the book ‘Karmyodha Granth’, written on the life of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- He said that Narendra Modi is a sensitive man, a strict administrator and a fearless commander and has always worked on the mantra of ‘Raja Prathamo Sevak’.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here