If you just started learning English, you first need to know some basic rules of the language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you create your own sentences correctly but will also make it easier to improve your English language section. Here we are providing Daily top basic Grammar Rules of English Language to crack any competitive exams.
1. Farther means more distant or advanced, further means additional.
Incorrect– He insisted on farther improvement.
Correct– He insisted on further improvement.
2. Each is used in speaking of two or more things, every is used only in speaking of more than two.
Incorrect– Every of the two boys will get a prize.
Correct– Each of the two boys will get a prize.
3. To express quantity or degree some is used in affirmative sentences, any in negative or interrogative sentences.
Incorrect– Have you bought some mangoes?
Correct– Have you bought any mangoes?
4. In comparing two things, the Comparative should be used, The Superlativ should not be used.
Incorrect– Which is the best of the two?
Correct– Which is the better of the two?
5. When two qualities of the same person or thing are compared,the Comparative in-er is not used. ‘More’ is used for this purpose.
Ambitious Baba is the #1 platform for Free Study Materials , Video Courses, Live Class and Online Mock Test which provides best user interface with actual exam panel and with the best , Latest and Accurate content for IBPS, SBI, RBI, NABARD, SIDBI, JAIIB Mock Test, CAIIB Mock Test, Para 13.2 Mock Test, GIPSA, Licentiate, Fellowship, Associates and Other Government and Promotional Exams.