Daily Most important English Grammar Rule
If you just started learning English, you first need to know some basic rules of the language. Developing a solid foundation in English grammar will not only help you create your own sentences correctly but will also make it easier to improve your English language section. Here we are providing Daily top basic Grammar Rules of English Language to crack any competitive exams.
1. Farther means more distant or advanced;further means additional.
Incorrect- He insisted on farther improvement.
Correct- He insisted on further improvement.
2. Each is used in speaking of two or morethings, every is used only in speaking of morethan two.
Incorrect- Every of the two boys will get aprize.
Correct- Each of the two boys will get a prize.
3. To express quantity or degree some is used in affirmative sentences, any in negative or interrogative sentences.
Incorrect- Have you bought some mangoes?
Correct- Have you bought any mangoes?
4. In comparing two things, the Comparative should be used, The Superlative should not be used.
Incorrect- Which is the best of the two?
Correct- Which is the better of the two?
5. When two qualities of the same person or thing are compared,the Comparative in-er is not used. ‘More’ is used for this purpose.
Incorrect- He is wiser than brave.
Correct- He is more wise than brave.