Government scraps requirement of drone pilot licence
The civil aviation ministry has just disposed the requirement of drone pilot license for operating drones in the country. DGCA-approved ‘Remote Pilot Certificate’ (RPC) is issued to drone school through the single window Digital Sky Platform shall be adequate for operating a drone in India.
The Government official also stated that no remote pilot certificate shall be necessitated for operating a drone up to 2 kg for non-commercial purposes. But if usage of drone will be commercial then it has to be acquired Remote Pilot Certificate before its use.
Amendment notification pertaining to Drone Rules has been released by the ministry in which the requirement of a drone pilot licence has been abolished with effect from February 11.
The latest move comes days after the government banned import of drones with certain exceptions as part of efforts to promote domestic manufacturing of drones in the country.
Ban on import of drones:
- The latest decision has been made days after the government banned the import of drones with some of the exceptions as part of efforts to promote domestic manufacturing of drones in the country.
- It will create huge opportunities for Indian drone manufacturing companies and also encourage small scale business to take their wings towards sky.
- With banning on imports of drones the ministry has also issued with liberalized drone rules in August 2021.
- After the rules, the ministry released the drone airspace map and PLI scheme in September 2021.
- An Unmanned aircraft system traffic management (UTM) policy framework was issued in October 2021 by the government of India.
- To give full advantage Central government has also put in place Drone certification scheme and single window Digital Sky Platform in last month.
Question & Answer:
Q1. As per government notification upto how much kg non-commercial drones have been freed to take remote pilot certificate?
Q2. Name the single window platform which was designed for drone operators.
Ans. DigitalSky Platform
Q3. Who is the union minister of Civil Aviation ministry?
Ans. Jyotiraditya Scindia
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|