Table of Contents
Indian farmers huge protest “Mahapanchayat” at Jantar Mantar in New Delhi
A non-political alliance the Samyukta Kisan Morcha is halting a ‘mahapanchayat’ at New Delhi’s Jantar Mantar where lots of farmers from different states began reaching amid heavy security arrangements.
Samyukta Kisan Morcha (Non-Political) has arranged for a Kisan Mahapanchayat and farmers from Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka & other states are going to New Delhi.
Kisan Mahapanchayat is arranged for a one-day program that will be carried with complete peace and discipline. The panchayat will be held from 11am to 4pm as per the schedule program.
The group of leaders stated that after the conclusion of the panchayat, a memorandum will be presented to the President of India. After submitting the memorandum the government itself will be responsible for trying to create any kind of disturbance.
Major demands of the kisan panchayat:
- Samyukta Kisan Morcha demanded justice to the farmers’ families who lost their family members in the Lakhimpur Kheri “massacre” and free all the farmers who are in jail for the last nine months. Arrest and take legal action against Union minister Ajay Mishra Teni, the “main culprit of the massacre”.
- Minimum Support Price should be decided as per the Swaminathan Commission report on “C2+50% formula”, and as promised a law should be made to guarantee MSP.
- All the farmers of the country should be considered as debt free.
- Scratched the electricity amendment bill 2022.
- Increase the support price of sugarcane with immediate payment of cane arrears.
- Cancel all free trade agreements with coming out from World Trade Organisation (WTO).
- All the cases recorded during the farmers’ movement should be drawn back.
- The outstanding compensation of the farmers might be released immediately under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
- They also demanded to withdraw the Agneepath scheme with immediate actions.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which non political group is halting a huge protest called as ‘mahapanchayat’?
Ans. Samyukta Kisan Morcha
Q2. At which place Samyukta Kisan Morcha is holding ‘mahapanchayat’?
Ans. Jantar Mantar in New Delhi