India’s first autonomous flying wing technology demonstrator
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “India’s first autonomous flying wing technology demonstrator“
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully carried the maiden test flight recently from the Aeronautical Test Range in Karnataka’s Chitradurga of a new Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), an autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator.
India on Friday forwards a step toward self-reliance in Defence by conducting the maiden flight test of the Autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator.
The demonstration test:
The demonstrator vehicle was examined at the Aeronautical Test Range situated at Chitradurga in Karnataka. According to the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) it has successfully tested in a completely autonomous mode while it was demonstrated a perfect flight, the take-off of the vehicle, the automatic navigation tracing the designated points — waypoint navigation and a touchdown — were all performed with the desired accuracy.
Development of demonstrator:
The demonstrator has been designed and developed by Bengaluru based facility of DRDO- the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), which is engaging in the fields of unmanned aerial vehicles, flight simulators, pilotless target aircraft, plight control systems and air weapons.
Specifications about technology:
- As per the official statements of DRDO, it has a tailless fixed-wing aircraft which houses its payload and fuel in its main wings and does not have a defined fuselage-like structure establish in the conventional aircraft.
- The design has its inbuilt possibility to have high fuel efficiency and stealth technology. It has executed with precision, as demonstrated by some of advanced bombers in the USA’s arsenal like B-2 bomber.
- The flying wing type of aircraft has a significant operational advantage because it has low reflective cross sections. It creates low radar signature and possibility for making it a stealth machine.
- The aircraft also has very low drag or air resistance which makes it unique design to tackle the issues associated with stability.
- The vehicle is powered by a small turbofan engine which is an air breathing type jet engine.
Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Rajnath Singh has congratulated the DRDO and stated that it is a major achievement towards autonomous aircraft and will pave the way for ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’ in terms of critical military systems.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which entity has successfully carried the maiden test flight an autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator recently?
Ans. DRDO (The Defence Research and Development Organisation)
Q2. An autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator has been developed by which one?
Ans. Aeronautical Development Establishment
Q3. DRDO successfully carried the maiden test flight of an autonomous Flying Wing Technology Demonstrator from which place?
Ans. The Aeronautical Test Range (in Chitradurga, Karnataka)
Question & Answer:
Q1. Who has been crowned Miss India world 2022 pageant?
Ans. Sini Shetty
Q2. Who crowned the Miss India world 2022 at the grand finale?
Ans. Manasa Varanasi
Q3. Give the name of girl who becomes the first tribal to reach the finale of Femina Miss India 2022.
Ans. Riya Tirkey