India’s majestic political leader Mulayam Singh Yadav passed away
Samajwadi Party supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav has died at the age of 82. A veteran politician had been admitted in the Medanta Hospital in Gurugram, Haryana due to age related issues since the past few days where he breathed his last.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced a three-day state mourning as a mark of respect to Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav. UP CM has also declared that SP leader and Uttar Pradesh former chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav’s last rites will be performed with full state honour.
Many leaders and famous personalities gave their condolence such as Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal.
Mulayam Singh Yadav:
Born: 22 November, 1939
Mulayam Singh Yadav was one of the most prominent leaders of Uttar Pradesh. He had served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh three times and has also served as the Minister of Defence in the Union Government.
Mulayam Singh Yadav was born on 22 November 1939 in Saifai village of Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav had three degrees in political science.
- He had done a B.A. from Karm Kshetra Post Graduate College in Etawah.
- He had completed a B.T. from A. K. College in Shikohabad and an M.A. from B. R. College, Agra University.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav was groomed by leaders such as Ram Manohar Lohiaand Raj Narain.
- He was first elected as a Member of the Legislative Assemblyin Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh in 1967.
- After the successful term he had been elected 10 times as MLA and 7 times as Lok Sabha MP.
- He was the founder of one of the main and biggest political party called ‘Samajwadi Party’.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav had been chief minister of Uttar Pradesh first time in 1989 and then another two times. He had been a long-time parliamentarian due to his dedication.
- Mulayam Singh Yadav had been often referred to as Netaji (meaning respected leader in Hindi) by party leaders and workers.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and SP leader has passed away?
Ans. Mulayam Singh Yadav
Q2. In which year Mulayam Singh Yadav was elected as Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh?
Q3. Mulayam Singh Yadav had served at which post in the Central Government?
Ans. Defence Minister