Jallikattu is allowed despite the COVID-19 situation
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Jallikattu is allowed despite the COVID-19 situation”
Tamil Nadu government has allowed organizing jallikattu amid the surging number of COVID-19 cases in the State. Jallikattu is bull taming events which is held during the Pongal festival.
This decision has been taken amid the notice of lockdown in the state in view of rising Covid-19 cases.
What is jallikattu?
Jallikattu is a bull-taming sport played across Tamil Nadu. It is also known as ‘Eruthazhuvuthal’ and it is held as a part of Pongal celebrations. This robust sport played during the four-day Pongal or winter harvest festival and it is famous event in the southern Indian state.
Tamil Nadu government gave its permit on the basis of the provisions of the Tamil Nadu Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Conduct of Jallikattu) Rules, 2017 and the guidelines and restrictions released by the State government to control the cases of COVID-19 are also to be abided by them.
Guideline for conducting ‘Jallikattu’
- There is limit of 50% on the total number of seats allowed, with maximum limit of 150 persons as audience to ensure physical distancing norms.
- Audience are also necessitated to bring forth certificates for COVID-19 vaccine two doses and a COVID-19 negative certificates as per government order with the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- All department officials and organizers also asked for certificates for two COVID-19 vaccine doses and COVID-19 negative certificates.
- Those who cannot arrive to the place are suggested to watch the live telecast and web streaming of the jallikattu events.
- Identity card will be issued to only the master and the trainers of every bull are to be permitted to participate in the event.
- There is compulsion on online registration with the details of the bull, its master and trainer has to be produced at least three days prior to the event. Maximum 300 bull-tamers would be granted in each of the jallikattu, manjuvirattu and vadamadu events.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which state government has allowed Jallikattu recently amid rising covid cases?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
Q2. Jallikattu is held during which famous festival?
Q3. Who is the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu?
Ans. M.K Stalin
|2021 Preparation Kit PDF|
|Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|