Legendary Cricketer Mithali Raj announced retirement
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Legendary Cricketer Mithali Raj announced retirement“
Former Indian female cricket team captain and legendary Indian cricketer, Mithali Raj has declared her retirement from all forms of international cricket. Mithali Raj tweeted to share a statement and thanked everyone for the “love and support”.
About Mithali Raj:
Born: 3 December 1982
Mithali Dorai Raj was born in a Tamil family living at Jodhpur, Rajasthan. She is a former Indian cricketer and played as a right-handed batter. She was a Indian player since 1999 to 2022. She took captainship in 2004 to 2022. Mithali Raj is known as “Lady Tendulkar of Indian Women’s cricket” due to her all-time leading run-score for India in all formats, including Tests, ODIs and T20I.
- Mithali Raj is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket and is looked at to be one of the greatest female cricketers ever.
- Under her captaincy, India reached the final of the 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup. She was also captain of the team in 2005 when India had missed to Australia in the final of the ICC Women’s World Cup.
- She hit 8 international centuries and 85 fifties during her more than two decades long career.
- She is the second highest individual scorer by a batter in women’s Test cricket.
- Mithali Raj is the first woman for playing in 200 ODI matches.
- In 2019, she was the first woman to complete 20 years in international cricket.
- Mithali Raj is the only female cricketer to score more than the 7,000 run mark in Women’s One Day International
- She is the first player to mark seven consecutive 50s in ODIs.
- She keeps the record for most half-centuries in WODIs.
- In the 2018 Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup, she became the first player from India, male or female, to score 2000 runs in T20Is, and also became the first woman cricketer to reach 2000 WT20I
|BBC 100 Women||2017|
|Wisden Leading woman cricketer in the world||2017|
|Youth Sports Icon of Excellence award||2017|
|Khel Ratna Award||2021|
Question & Answer:
Q1. Which Indian former female’s team captain has announced retirement from all format of cricket?
Ans. Mithali Raj
Q2. Who is the first woman to play in 200 ODI matches?
Ans. Mithali Raj
Q3. Mithali Raj captained for which year for ICC Women’s World Cup in which year(s)?
Ans. 2005 and 2017
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|