LIC ADO Salary, Job Profile & Growth:
LIC ADO Job Profile:
Career Prospects of Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) in Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India : It is primarily a sales supervision job. The selected candidates will be required to sponsor suitable persons to be appointed as Life Insurance Agents, train them properly, and help the recruited agents to sell life insurance to maximum number of persons. They will also be required to give prompt after sales service to policyholders.
- For this purpose considerable movement including tours covering the entire area allotted to them are involved.
- The recruitment as Apprentice Development Officers is for Urban and Rural Areas and the selected candidates will have to work in these areas.
- It is, however, likely that some of the selected candidates may be posted in the jurisdiction of nearby Divisional Office/s within the jurisdiction of the Zone.
- It is clarified that appointment as Apprentice Development Officer does not by itself confer any right on the candidates to be appointed as Probationary Development Officer.
LIC ADO Salary 2019:
During the apprentice period, the candidate selected as Apprentice Development Officer will be paid a fixed amount as stipend per month as per rules of the Corporation. An Apprentice Development Officer other than an Employee Apprentice shall be paid equal to the minimum of the basic pay and the dearness allowance thereon on the scale of pay applicable to Development Officers as on the date of commencement of the apprenticeship. At present the amount of stipend is about ₹.34,503/- per month, except in case of candidates selected from LIC Employees category.
A Probationary Development Officer at a specified Headquarter in the area will be placed in the scale of ₹ 21865-1340(2)-24545-1580(2)-27705-1610(17)-55075 plus allowances and other benefits as per rules in force.
On appointment as a Probationary Development Officer, basic pay of ₹ 21,865/- per month (except for Employee Category candidates) in the scale of 21865-1340(2)-24545-1580(2)-27705-1610(17)- 55075 and other admissible allowances as per rules shall be payable.
Total emoluments at the minimum of the scale, inclusive of House Rent Allowance & City Compensatory Allowance wherever admissible depending upon the classification of city, will be approximately ₹37,345/- in ‘A’ Class City.
Other benefits include Gratuity, Defined Contributory Pension Scheme, LTC, Medical Benefit, Group Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance, vehicle advance (2-wheeler/4-wheeler), reimbursement towards cost of Brief Case/leather bag, mobile handset, supply of dailies as per rules and on confirmation in service, attractive performance linked Incentives.
LIC ADO Career Growth:
An Apprentice Development Officer will have to undergo Theoretical & Field Sales Training. The period of apprenticeship shall commence from the date of commencement of the training.
An Apprentice Development Officer, who successfully completes the apprenticeship and, in opinion of the Recruiting Authority, is otherwise suitable for appointment to the service of the Corporation may be appointed as a Development Officer and placed on probation. The period of probation shall be for one year which may be extended upto two years.
‘Agents Category’ means-
(i) An individual appointed or engaged by the Corporation for the purpose of soliciting or procuring insurance business including business relating to the continuance, renewal or revival of policies of insurance pertaining to the Corporation; or
(ii) An individual who has been appointed as an agent under the Life Insurance Corporation of India (Agents) Regulations, 2017.
For the removal of doubts, it is clarified that as an individual appointed or engaged by LIC such as Direct Sales Executives/Financial Services Executives, etc. or agent appointed as an agent under Life Insurance Corporation of India (Agents) Regulations, 2017 shall be eligible for recruitment as an Apprentice Development Officer.
‘Employee Category’ means a confirmed whole-time salaried employee of the Corporation belonging to Class III.
‘Others Category’ means the candidate from the open market.
The promotion channel for Apprentice Development Officer is as follows:
Senior Divisional Manager(SDM)
Senior Branch Manager(SBM)
Assistant Branch Manager(ABM-Sales)
Probationary Development Officer(PDO)
Apprentice Development Officer(ADO)
The Duties Of ADO Include:
- Recruit agents for selling LIC policies to assigned area
- Providing training to the selected agents working under ADO guidance
- AOD need to analyze the overall performance of each agent and find out their marketing capabilities and shortcomings.
- Motivate the agents to acquire maximum sales in given time period.
- Assign a target quota and maintain overall integrity in sales.
LIC ADO – Work Pressure & Environment:
Life Insurance Corporation Apprentice Development Officer (ADO) Job profile is basically related to the sales and marketing along with coordination with a team of LIC agents. LIC ADO job profile demands a lot of management skills and innovative thinking which increase the sales product.
LIC ADO Job Security:
Apprentice Development Officer also gets administrative tasks too but mostly they have to develop the sales strategy for the team. LIC ADO bonus depends on sales procurement. And yes though Life Insurance Corporation of India is not a fully government organization, so the job security is on the lower end in case of LIC ADO.
- LIC ADO Previous Year Cutoff
- LIC ADO vs LIC AAO : Job, Salary, Career growth Comparison
- LIC ADO Recruitment 2019 Notification
- LIC ADO Exam Pattern & Syllabus 2019
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account