Mahaparinirvan Diwas: Why is it celebrated on 6th December?
Team Ambitiousbaba and AB are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Mahaparinirvan Diwas: Why is it celebrated on 6th December?”
India observed ‘Mahaparinirvan Diwas’ on 6th December every year to mark the death anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar who was popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar. India is observing 65th Death Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on this 2021 year.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar:
Born: 14 April 1891 at Mhow, Madhya Pradesh
Death: 6 December 1956
- Degree in economic and political science from Bombay University
- Post graduation degree at Columbia University (USA)
- MA degree in economics, sociology, history, philosophy and anthropology
Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was the 14th and the last child of his parents. He was primarily an Economist and educationist. Babasaheb is known as the chief architect of the Indian Constitution.
- Ambedkar got first employment with then Baroda state government.
- He was master in 64 subjects, known of 9 languages and had studied across the world for 21 years. He was also the first Indian who done his doctorate (PhD).
- Babasaheb Ambedkar was appointed as the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee for the constitution of independent India on August 29, 1947.
- He was the first law minister of India after independence.
- He had started fortnightly (once in 15 days) and weekly papers named ‘Excluded India’, ‘Mook Nayak’, ‘Janta’ to stand against the atrocities on Dalits.
Here are 10 lesser known facts about Dr BR Ambedkar:
- He participated and leading position in many Dalit activities.
- Ambedkar is known for his believes in Buddhism but he was born to a Hindu family belonging to Maharashtra’s Mahaar caste, which back then was considered a lower caste and people from the same were considered to as ‘untouchables’. He converted to Buddhist In the year 1956.
- Dr. Babashaeb Ambedkar’s 20 page autobiography is learned in a text book in the Columbia University.
- He is the only Indian whose statue has been built alongside Karl Marx (famous German Philosopher) in the London Museum.
- Babasaheb Ambedkar has personal library in Rajgirh which was world’s largest library with over 50 thousand books.
- Around the world all Buddha painting and statues have Buddha’s eyes closed, Ambedkar was the first person to make a painting of him with open eyes.
- He was the first lawyer from the backward caste.
- ‘Ambawadekar’ was his original surname before it was changed to Ambedkar by his teacher in school.
- In 1990 Ambedkar was posthumously conferred with India’s highest civilian award ‘Bharat Ratna’.
- He was the only Satyagrahi worldwide, who did Satyagraha for drinking water.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Whose death anniversary is observed as ‘Mahaparinirvan Diwas’ in India?
Ans. Dr. Babashaheb Ambedkar
Q2. Who is known as ‘Chief Architecture of Indian Constitution?
Ans. Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar
Q3. Which day is observed as ‘Mahaparinirvan Diwas’ every year in India?
Ans. 6th December
|2021 Preparation Kit PDF|
|Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|