Pipe and Cistern Quiz for IBPS, SBI, RBI: Quiz – 6
Pipes and Cistern Questions are a common topic in the quantitative aptitude section of numerous competitive exams such as banking, SSC, Railway, Insurance, and others. The questions on Pipes and Cistern are very similar to those in the Time and Work section. So, here we are providing you the Pipes and Cistern Quiz to boost your exam preparation. This Pipes and Cistern Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern-based questions, as well as Previous Year Pipes and Cistern Questions from the IBPS, SBI, and RBI PO and Clerk exams. This Pipes and Cistern Quiz is completely free. This Pipes and Cistern Quiz contains a detailed explanation for each question. Candidates must practice this Pipes and Cistern Quiz to help them prepare for their upcoming exams.
1. A tank having capacity 1800 liter are filled by two pipes A & B having filling capacity 10 L/Minute and 15 L/Minute respectively. Third outlet pipe C is opened for 25 minute due to which tank is filled in 4 more minutes. Find the time taken to fill the tank if only A and C are opened together.
(a) 400 min
(b) 300 min
(c) 250 min
(d) 350 min
(e) 270 min
2. There are three taps i.e. A,B and C and efficiency of tap B is 100% more than the efficiency of tap A and efficiency of tap C is 5/2 times of tap B. Tap B can fill ⅓rd of tank in 1 hour then find the time taken by all the three taps to fill the tank completely when they are open together ?
3. A tank can be filled by two pipes A and B alone in 60 min and 20 min respectively. If both pipes are opened due to a leakage C tank become full in 100/3% more time than actual time of A and B together to fill the tank. Then find in how much time the full tank will become empty if only leakage pipe is opened.
(a) 40 min
(b) 64 min
(c) 60 min
(d) 58 min
(e) 55 min
4. Tap P and Tap Q can fill a tank in 25 minutes and 75 minutes respectively. A man opened both the taps in the tank together and returned after 15 minutes and found tank filled only 40% of its capacity because of a leak. Find in how many minutes leak can empty the full tank?
(a) 27.5 minutes
(b) 38.5 minutes
(c) 32.5 minutes
(d) 30.5 minutes
(e) 37.5 minutes
5. Two pipes ‘X’ and ‘Y’ can fill a tank in 24 min and 32 min respectively. If both the pipes are opened together, then after how much time should pipe ‘Y’ be closed so that the tank is full in 18 minutes.
(a) 6 min
(b) 8 min
(c) 15 min
(d) 10 min
(e) 12 min
6. Two taps ‘A’ and ‘B’ together can fill a tank in 20 minutes. Tap ‘B’ is 50% less efficient than tap ‘A’. If tap ‘A’ and tap ‘B’ together starts to fill the tank, then after how much time tap ‘B’ should be closed, so that tap ‘A’ filled the remaining tank in 24 minutes?
(a) 12 minutes
(b) 8 minutes
(c) 6 minutes
(d) 4 minutes
(e) 2 minutes
7. A tank can be filled with water by two pipes A and B together in 36 minutes. If the pipe B was stopped after 30 minutes, rest of the tank filled in 10 minutes. The pipe B can alone fill the tank in
(a) 45 minutes
(b) 60 minutes
(c) 75 minutes
(d) 90 minutes
(e) None of these
8. Tap A and B together can fill a tank in 96/7 hours and Tap B alone can fill the tank in 32 h. If tap A has efficiency of 6 lit/minute, then find capacity of tank.
(a) 8314 lit
(b) 8640 lit
(c) 8040 lit
(d) 8140 lit
(e) 8240 lit
9. Two pipes A and B can separately fill a cistern in ten minutes and 15 minutes respectively. A person Opened both the pipes together to fill the tank but found after due time that the exhaust pipe was open and the tank could hence not be filled. So he closed the exhaust pipe. Hence after 4 minutes, the tank become full. In what time will the exhaust pipe empty the full tank?
(e)None of the above
10. There are three Taps A, B and C in a tank. They can fill the tank in 10 hrs, 20 hrs and 25 hrs respectively. At first, all of them are opened simultaneously. Then after 2 hours, tap C is closed and A and B are kept running. After the 4th hour, tap B is also closed. The remaining work is done by Tap A alone. Find the percentage of the work done by Tap A by itself.
(e) None of these
Recommended PDF’s for :
- Computer Capsule : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|