PM Modi flagged off newly upgraded Vande Bharat express
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off the newly upgraded semi high-speed train ‘Vande Bharat Express’ Friday morning that will connect Gandhinagar and Mumbai.
He took a ride to Kalupur railway station in Ahmedabad after flagging off the train from Gandhinagar Capital at around 10.30 am. This train is the third of its kind. It is the first such kind of train that is operating on the New Delhi-Varanasi route, while the second one on the New Delhi-Vaishno Devi Katra route.
The train is providing passengers aircraft-like travelling experience and advanced safety features including Kavach technology, an indigenously developed Train Collision Avoidance System.
The Gandhinagar-Mumbai Vande Bharat Superfast Express is going to be started its commercial run from October 1. It has halt at Surat, Vadodara and Ahmedabad stations in both directions.
About Vande Bharat Express:
- Vande Bharat Express is an indigenously designed semi-High speed self-propelled train which contains 16 coaches.
- The speed of train has capacity to gain momentum of 160 kmph speed in just 140 seconds.
- The Vande Bharat Express is equipped with automatic plug doors with sliding footsteps and touch-free sliding doors inside coaches, the seats inside the executive class are revolving.
- It is the first train that has facilities present in flights like bio-vacuum toilets with touch-free amenities and special lavatory for divyang (specially-abled) passengers.
- The seats’ handles are allowed with seat numbers in Braille letters to serve the visually-challenged passengers.
- The train has been equipped with Kavach (train collision avoidance system) safety system.
Another project inauguration by PM Modi:
Narendra Modi has inaugurated phase-I of the Ahmedabad Metro rail project between Thaltej and Vastral on the second day of his Gujarat visit on Friday.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Who has flagged off the newly upgraded semi high-speed train ‘Vande Bharat Express’?
Ans. PM Narendra Modi
Q2. Which route will be covered by the Vande Bharat Express?
Ans. Ahmedabad to Mumbai route
Q3. In which year first Vande Bharat Express known as Train 18 was launched?