SBI CBO vs SBI PO: All you need to know about
SBI CBO (CIRCLE BASED OFFICERS) 2020 RECRUITMENT DILEMMA
There is so much dilemma and chaos have been brought out by this recruitment amongst the candidates which I want to throw light upon to clear the air.
Why this recruitment?
1. To restrict officers from transfers till 12 years or SMGS-4 scale
It has been noticed in the past by SBI that people who joined as officers in as PO complete the 2 years probation period and then they take transfers through ICT (Inter Circle Transfer) or IST (Inter State Transfer) after 1 or 2 years of service.
This leads to deficit in officers in some branches and SBI face difficulty to cater to the needs of customers in case of single or double officer branches.
2. To give opportunities to officers of banks getting privatised and private banks
Lots of talks are going on privatisation of PSBs in the market and also there are talents in the private banks as well which SBI wants to scoop out and recruit them through this.
3. To fulfill officer deficit circles
As you can observe from the notification that recruitment is being done for only few circles (LHO in SBI) viz the ones which are lacking in officers to cater the customer base of the branches.
Can there be PO recruitment this year?
Yes, definitely there will be PO recruitment this year and this CBO recruitment is different than a PO recruitment in following ways:
- For PO: Basic Pay= ₹27,620/- with 4 increments.
- For CBO: Basic Pay= ₹23,600/- with 1 increment.
- PO : 2 years
- CBO : 6 months (Reason being they have desired for 2 years experience already)
- PO : No experience (For Freshers)
- CBO : 2 years experience (as an officer in SCBs/RRBs)
- PO: 3 level (Prelim, Mains and Interview & GD)
- CBO: The written exam will be held only when more than 12,000 application form would be filled. It means that the number of application form filled should be triple the number of vacancies for written exam to be conducted otherwise, the mode of selection will be interview solely.
Has SBI done anything like this earlier too?
Yes, they have done:
- In 2010, sudden recruitment of Agri Officers out of nowhere they had launche
- Many times they released the recruitment of officers on contractual basis and then they absorbed them on permanent basis after service of 4-5 years.
- Sometimes, they have issued recruitment for people requirements for Loan Boosting departments.