SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz
English Language plays a very crucial role in every competitive examination. With consistent practice, candidates can ace this section in examination. In this article, we bring to you SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz to boost your preparation. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz contains various types of questions ranging from easy to difficult level. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz is absolutely FREE. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz. In order to be able to answer questions quickly and efficiently in upcoming exams, aspirants must practice this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz.
Direction (1-5): The sentences given below consists of an idiom given in bold. From the given five alternatives identify the most suitable option reflecting the meaning of the idiom.
- By working part-time and looking after her kids two days a week she managed to get the best of both worlds.
(a) to be at two places
(b) to cheat someone
(c) to gain all the advantages
(d) to make the next decision
(e) to fight justice
- I am still too early in the process to get up on my soapbox and proclaim that intermittent fasting is the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to weight management.
(a) best part of the world
(b) best food tasted in a while
(c) being happy with a person
(d) A good invention or innovation
(e) something good that isn’t recognized at first
- Failing to do your research before pursuing a form of credit or a lending option can lead to you biting off more than you can chew financially.
(a) to spend more than you earn
(b) to take on a task that is way to big
(c) to take multiple tasks to perform
(d) to buy something very expensive
(e) to complain about a loss from the past
- When our galaxy collides with Andromeda in about 4 billion years, there will be no crying over spilt milk.
(a) to fail in something
(b) to be happy when a person leaves
(c) to face additional losses
(d) to complain about a loss from the past
(e) to compensate the earlier losses
- When he started asking too many questions of his neighbours about their whereabouts during the weekend, they warned him that curiosity killed the cat.
(a) when something is done badly
(b) to present a counter argument
(c) believe someone’s statement without proof
(d) to go to bed
(e) to be inquisitive leading you into an unpleasant situation.
Direction (6-10): There are two different sentences with a blank space in each question. Choose the word from the given options which fits into both the blanks appropriately adding a proper and logical meaning to the sentences.
- (1) A sense of dignity and self-respect goes missing in the national trait of ________________some so-called ‘celebrity’.
(2) When we reached the summit, we could hear the magpies calling out, but, to do them justice, they were not _______________ us then.
- (1) Gender stereotyping in the classroom particularly among younger children, has an adverse impact on the learning abilities and _______________of both boys and girls.
(2) Social institutions and mores were adapted to reflect the preferences, inclinations, values, goals and _______________ of the new elite.
- (1) The ________________of cryptocurrencies has been growing rapidly in India due to benefits in terms of anonymity, accessibility, speed, and cost.
(2) His ________________ with the people was unbounded, but in the midst of it all he begged to be removed to London.
- (1) The Supreme Court rightly notes that the tribunal’s view ignores the basic principle _____________to drinking water.
(2) It was a list of questions, all of them apparently _______________ to her mental health.
- (1) With the hype surrounding cryptocurrencies continuing to grow, more people are hearing about the _______________ technology known as blockchain.
(2) Although the architecture of the blockchain is far more complex than these aggregators, the ___________ principle is not that different.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|