SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz
English Language is a part of almost all major competitive exams in the country and is perhaps the most scoring section also. Aspirants who regularly practice questions have a good chance of scoring well in the English Language Section. So here we are providing you with the SBI PO Prelims Reasoning Ability Quiz to help you prepare better. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz includes all of the most recent pattern- based questions, as well as Previous Year Questions. This SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz is available to you at no cost. Candidates will be provided with a detailed explanation of each question in this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz. Candidates must practice this SBI PO Prelims English Language Quiz to achieve a good score in the English Language Section.
Direction (1-5): Which of the phrase/ word from the options (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold letters to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (e) i.e., “No correction required” as the answer.
- When the police started asking questions, the suspect clammed up.
(a) camped down
(b) clamped up
(c) clam out
(d) clamed off
(e) No Correction Required
- The implication is that these may be black funds and they are to be tracked and the people
behind them will be caught.
(a) are on track
(b) is being tracked
(c) have been tracked
(d) are being tracked
(e) No improvement is required
- I must look after my French before going to Paris next month.
(a) brush in for
(b) catch up
(c) brush up on
(d) bring in on
(e) No Correction Required
- If this is freedom of speech, then it must been curtailed immediately.
(a) have being curtailing
(b) must be curtailed
(c) must have been curtailed
(d) have been curtailed
(e) No correction required
- India has suffered from terrorism. So has Pakistan. And it turns out, now the first world too is not immune.
(a) turning out to
(b) it turns to
(c) it turned out to be
(d) it turning out
(e) No improvement required
Direction (6-10): There are two different sentences with a blank space in each question. Choose the word from the given options which fits into both the blanks appropriately without altering their meanings.
- (1) The only difficulty in this ______________ is to secure debtors that will not die.
(2) She was in a state of rare contentment, an _____________ to the gaiety that was hers by nature.
(e)None of the above
- (1) He issued what was in reality an _________________ proclamation, which President Lincoln was compelled to modify.
(2) Friction increased between the races at the South after ___________________.
- (1) It was feared that there could be a __________________ unsettling of established governments and a new political order could come into being, oriented away from the traditional leadership of the region.
(2) On the other hand, __________________ emigration was not sufficient to remove the evil.
- (1) The French President Emmanuel Macron’s new centrist party is ______________ poised for a landslide victory in the parliamentary elections.
(2) The opinion of parliament on two other questions during the session was, ______________, influenced by events in France.
(e)All of the above
- (1) Parliament takes pride in asserting the supremacy of the institution, at times even ignoring what it perceives as judicial _______________ in its functioning.
(2) It would have been enough to have cured the whole Roxburghe Club from _______________ with libraries and books forever and ever.
Recommended PDF’s for 2022:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|