The Hindu Editorial Analysis:
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
Punia’s superstar status in Indian Wrestling:
- Bajrang Punia,one of the most perfect Indian wrestlers ,secured fourth World championship medal,a bronze in Belgrade.He continued his superstar status in Indian wrestling by challenging the 65kg weight category.
- Punia secured his first world medal, a bronze in the 60kg weight category in 2013,after the gap of 5 years he claimed his second medal ,a silver in 65 kg.
- In 2019,he claimed his third world medal,a bronze and defied a knee injury to claim an Olympics bronze in Tokyo 2020.
- After struggling with injuries that affected his performance last year,he displayed grit to get back to his original attacking game, as a result he took his second Commonwealth Games title.
- However,he got a head injury in his first fight in pre-quarterfinals by which his journey in the Belgrade World Championship was obstructed. He lost to Yianni Diakomihalis in the quarterfinals but got a lifeline when the American entered the final.
- Although Punia’s focus was affected by the bandage around his head, he held his breath and fought with all his efforts.His outstanding bronze medal bout in which he secured 0-6 record win over Sebastian Rivera of Puerto Rico.
- Punia’s performance in Belgrade is a testament of his consistency, adaptability and provided a boost in his confidence in the run up to his Asian games title next year and his quest for an Olympics gold in 2024.
- Now 28 year old Punia should participate in selected competitions and preserve his energy for major events and he needs to work on leg defence and slower attacking moves for the major events ahead.
- Discuss Punia’s four medal journey.
- Point out his injuries during the games.
- Discuss the points in which Punia should work on to preserve his energy for next games ahead.
- Defied – to refuse boldly to obey
- Grit- determination that makes someone do something difficult.
- Testament- a tangible proof
- Preserve- to keep protecting something as it is.
- Adaptability- an ability to change in order to suit different conditions.